Edwardsori

1-130 filing for spousal visa

9 posts in this topic

Back in January 2024, I filed both documents required fir spousal visa. I received a NOA 1 confirming receipt of documents and that they were actively reviewing the documents. I've since seen the status change to "case is taking longer than  expected to process. Upon checking the USCIS processing timeline for petitions, I saw that my petition was amongst the "unapproved" for the month of January. 

Does this means that my petition is rejected?  Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20240405_232933_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Edwardsori said:

Back in January 2024, I filed both documents required fir spousal visa. I received a NOA 1 confirming receipt of documents and that they were actively reviewing the documents. I've since seen the status change to "case is taking longer than  expected to process. Upon checking the USCIS processing timeline for petitions, I saw that my petition was amongst the "unapproved" for the month of January. 

Does this means that my petition is rejected?  Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks!

Dude.  Do you somehow think VJ data and USCIS are in any way connected??

And by "back in January 2024" you do mean just a couple of months ago, right?  Your petition has not even been looked at yet.

6 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

And by "back in January 2024" you do mean just a couple of months ago, right?  Your petition has not even been looked at yet.

Thanks! I was just curious to know if anyone has experienced the same thing! Didn't expect the reviewing processing would be done soon! 

2 minutes ago, Edwardsori said:

Thanks! I was just curious to know if anyone has experienced the same thing! Didn't expect the reviewing processing would be done soon! 

If anyone has experienced what?  Finding their own timeline info on Visa Journey?  Yes, probably most people here have done so.  Anyone who creates a timeline.

Do you realize that Visa Journey is not connected in any way to USCIS?

Edited by SalishSea

21 minutes ago, Edwardsori said:

But the reviewing processing insn’t done yet. Your case is still processing. I think you are confusing your timeline entries here on Visajourney with your case status. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Based on current timelines you should expect to hear something at the end of the year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, Edwardsori said:

Thanks!

This means you have not told VJ your petition has been approved yet. 

VJ data and information is user driven. 

Once you receive your NOA2 from USCIS you will input the NOA2 date. 

Currently processing times are around 12 months. 

I would not pay attention to USCIS "estimated processing times" I think that is basically a random message they stick on your profile to keep you occupied. 

Which consulate will you be interviewing at?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/5/2024 at 11:54 PM, Edwardsori said:

Thanks!

This just shows that you have not updated your status on this site to show that your visa was approved. Its a list of those that arent approved yet. The only way Visa Journey knows if you have been approved is if you update your timeline to reflect this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.