1,216 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Hello guys. My i485 was at local office where it was denied. Filed motion to reconsider i290B and I got a RFE to file I601 waiver. The RFE said to mail the i601 receipt notice to my local office and I did for final decision . 
now I wrote a letter to Vermont 4 weeks ago to expedite my i485 and I got a letter saying that my case was transferred to Vermont service center for regular processing. What does it? My case moved From local office to Vermont again ? I’m confused

My guess is that because your I-601 is with Vermont, they just sent the I-485 back to Vermont to deal with since right now the field office can't do much if anything with it. Then once the I-601 is approved Vermont will send the I-485 back to NBC which will then just approve it or forward it to the field office to deal with properly.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

45 minutes ago, Demise said:

My guess is that because your I-601 is with Vermont, they just sent the I-485 back to Vermont to deal with since right now the field office can't do much if anything with it. Then once the I-601 is approved Vermont will send the I-485 back to NBC which will then just approve it or forward it to the field office to deal with properly.

Hi Demise

i receive this notice on Nov 1st for my 601 ( for RFE after my 485 interview )

do you have any idea... how long it will take them to make decision on it

please 

thanks 

Screenshot 2024-02-19 140140.png

1 hour ago, Demise said:

Thank you 🙏🏾 

1 hour ago, Demise said:

Thank you. The expedite request letter was sent to Vermont humanitarian office.
I received the letter from uscis with the address on top of the envelope as 7 product way lees summit mo which is the NBC address , but the letter inside the envelope had at the bottom the uscis Irvin Texas address where I originally file my i485 and the content itself says we transferred your case to Vermont service center for processing . Too many addresses on one uscis response.

1 hour ago, asimove said:

Hi Demise

i receive this notice on Nov 1st for my 601 ( for RFE after my 485 interview )

do you have any idea... how long it will take them to make decision on it

please 

thanks 

Screenshot 2024-02-19 140140.png

Sadly I have no idea. You could probably ask your senator or congressman to inquire on your behalf and ask for expected timeline. They will probably give you an answer that the case is not eligible for an inquiry until a certain date, which would answer your question.

48 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Thank you. The expedite request letter was sent to Vermont humanitarian office.
I received the letter from uscis with the address on top of the envelope as 7 product way lees summit mo which is the NBC address , but the letter inside the envelope had at the bottom the uscis Irvin Texas address where I originally file my i485 and the content itself says we transferred your case to Vermont service center for processing . Too many addresses on one uscis response.

Definitely weird but the way I see it: NBC basically pulled the case from Irving, TX to hand over to Vermont. Irving doesn't really do any real processing on their own usually, they just accept payments, issue receipt numbers, and approve/deny once they get a court order for it. NBC is pretty much the central processing and that's what they had to do in order to resolve the convoluted history of your I-485.

If I were to guess it went something like this:

Field office returned it back to where it came from originally (Irving) upon denial.

You filed I-601 and I-290B.

You inquired about what's going on with Vermont, then someone took a look at what's going on exactly, found the case sitting in Irving, and requested NBC to send it over to Vermont, then NBC did exactly that.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

33 minutes ago, Demise said:

Sadly I have no idea. You could probably ask your senator or congressman to inquire on your behalf and ask for expected timeline. They will probably give you an answer that the case is not eligible for an inquiry until a certain date, which would answer your question.

Definitely weird but the way I see it: NBC basically pulled the case from Irving, TX to hand over to Vermont. Irving doesn't really do any real processing on their own usually, they just accept payments, issue receipt numbers, and approve/deny once they get a court order for it. NBC is pretty much the central processing and that's what they had to do in order to resolve the convoluted history of your I-485.

If I were to guess it went something like this:

Field office returned it back to where it came from originally (Irving) upon denial.

You filed I-601 and I-290B.

You inquired about what's going on with Vermont, then someone took a look at what's going on exactly, found the case sitting in Irving, and requested NBC to send it over to Vermont, then NBC did exactly that.

Thank you 🙏🏾 

Hey everybody,

Hope everyone is doing great. I have a situation I could use all your help with - I filed my 765 renewal on January 31st with the Vermont Service Center, I have not received the receipt notice yet. Called the USCIS customer care, and the information agent told me there's no new 765 case uploaded under my name in the system and I should send a letter to the Vermont Service Center. 

I'm planning on sending a letter along with another 765 package today. My EAD will expire at the end of May, and I'm getting a little nervous so wanted to ask for your advise if I can do anything to help the situation. 

I got delayed in filing the renewal due to my attorney and filed it in Jan as soon as they gave me a green light. Thank you

@Sandra G. @Demise @Rhema1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear freinds I have a question that if you change your states and didn’t file for AR-11 form will this create and issue in the interview stage and if the visa officer ask this question how to respond it have any of you experience this situation in visa interview 

4 minutes ago, Persica said:

Hey everybody,

Hope everyone is doing great. I have a situation I could use all your help with - I filed my 765 renewal on January 31st with the Vermont Service Center, I have not received the receipt notice yet. Called the USCIS customer care, and the information agent told me there's no new 765 case uploaded under my name in the system and I should send a letter to the Vermont Service Center. 

I'm planning on sending a letter along with another 765 package today. My EAD will expire at the end of May, and I'm getting a little nervous so wanted to ask for your advise if I can do anything to help the situation. 

I got delayed in filing the renewal due to my attorney and filed it in Jan as soon as they gave me a green light. Thank you

@Sandra G. @Demise @Rhema1

Just give it 2 more weeks. Right now USCIS is taking 4 to 6 weeks to send the receipts. If you do not get it by the end of this month then reach out to your congress person. I would not send another renewal package. Back in 2021 my congress person helped me to get the receipt notices from USCIS after i waited 60 days. 

When did USCIS received your package? Did you send it on Jan 31st or did they receive on Jan 31? In either case it is very early to panic about the receipts. 

4 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Just give it 2 more weeks. Right now USCIS is taking 4 to 6 weeks to send the receipts. If you do not get it by the end of this month then reach out to your congress person. I would not send another renewal package. Back in 2021 my congress person helped me to get the receipt notices from USCIS after i waited 60 days. 

When did USCIS received your package? Did you send it on Jan 31st or did they receive on Jan 31? In either case it is very early to panic about the receipts. 

Thank you for your advise and help. They received it on Feb 1st, sent it through Fedex to get a proof of delivery. 

Do you think there are any downsides to sending another package or even just a letter of inquiry to the Vermont Center? or should I just request my congressperson to do that?

4 minutes ago, Persica said:

Thank you for your advise and help. They received it on Feb 1st, sent it through Fedex to get a proof of delivery. 

Do you think there are any downsides to sending another package or even just a letter of inquiry to the Vermont Center? or should I just request my congressperson to do that?

You can write to Vermont but i think that would not make any difference. I have wrote them few times in the past which was waste of time. Just contact your congress person next month. You should be fine. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, and time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke*:

*which happens to be a Blonde joke

======================================================

TOP-TEN BLONDE INVENTIONS

No one can say that blondes haven't done their share of inventing.  Here are 10 ingenious blonde inventions:

1. The waterproof towel.

2. Solar-powered flashlight.

3. Submarine screen door.

4. A book on how to read.

5. Inflatable dart board.

6. A dictionary index.

7.  Ejector seat in a helicopter.

8. Powdered water.

9. Pedal-powered wheelchair.

10. Waterproof tea bag.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/20/2024 at 10:06 AM, Braveheart123 said:

Dear freinds I have a question that if you change your states and didn’t file for AR-11 form will this create and issue in the interview stage and if the visa officer ask this question how to respond it have any of you experience this situation in visa interview 

Yes. You have to interview in the new field office where you live now. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Yes. You have to interview in the new field office where you live now. 

Thank you for your kind reply in the interview in new field office and if the visa officer inquire that you filed change of address with USPS but didn’t file AR-11 how to repond this question If the visa officer asked this question in US citizenship interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.