1,237 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Poupis said:

USCIS responded to my congressman that my I485 is under preprocessing checks and it is already on my field office. Does that mean anything? My vawa was approved in September 2023. How long more should I have to wait for I485 approval or interview? 

depending on your field office, it could still take 2 to 3 months. Have you provided or did they ask you for updated medical? 

On 1/17/2024 at 3:03 PM, asimove said:

Hi everyone

my EAD will be expire in Oct

when is the best time to apply for renewal

please help

thanks

I suffered my things last year. Please send packet next month. Reason, it will likely (from current trends) take 2-3 months to get receipt notice then add processing time. To give yourself peace of mind, send very early. :)

6 hours ago, God’s Grace27 said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on the progress of my work permit renewal. I finally received my receipt number through my congressman's office, however, I still haven't received the receipt notice in the mail. My work permit has expired now and my job is insisting that I provide them with the physical receipt notice as the online case status information is not sufficient. USCIS has refused to email the notice to me and my request for an infopass appointment was denied. I also submitted a service request to have the notice resent and was told to expect to hear from USCIS by yesterday, but I haven't received anything yet. My job has given me a deadline of 5 days to provide them with the receipt notice, otherwise, I may face termination. Is there any other way I can obtain the receipt notice?

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/18/2024 at 2:54 AM, Royal Seed said:

@Sandra G. @Stillwinning!!!😊

Hello Family, Has anyone done a divorce using an online divorce? I need guidance on how to do my divorce. I am no longer living in the same state as my abuser, and I got my green card last year through VAWA. I would appreciate any help from the group. 
I also need guidance on how to apply for a green card for my children. My green card was through VAWA. Do I need to fill out forms I-130 and I-485 for them? Where do I send their application?

I assume that you listed your children on your VAWA petition. Once VAWA was approved USCIS issued a “Notice of Dependent Child” if a  minor. If they are under 21 years old they can apply for adjustment of status as a derivative, submit a copy of your I-360 approval, a copy of your GC, etc. If they turned 21 then they should apply for AOS as principal applicant.If your children don't live in the U.S. they have to go to consular processing.

Good morning fam! 

I'd like to ask fellow applicants about their vawa I-485 interview experiences. My lawyer mentioned that the interview typically involves verifying identity (name, address, country of birth, etc.), as well as questions about my spouse (such as her name, birth date, parents' names, dates of divorce and marriage, and our first meeting). Then, the officer might ask some yes/no questions from the I-485 form. Could anyone share the type of questions they were asked during their interview?"  Generally, How did the interview go? Thank you all for your help, and support! 

1 hour ago, Sandra G. said:

I assume that you listed your children on your VAWA petition. Once VAWA was approved USCIS issued a “Notice of Dependent Child” if a  minor. If they are under 21 years old they can apply for adjustment of status as a derivative, submit a copy of your I-360 approval, a copy of your GC, etc. If they turned 21 then they should apply for AOS as principal applicant.If your children don't live in the U.S. they have to go to consular processing.

Hi sandra,

Just for my own knowledge What if someone listed the kids on the VAWA but what if VAWA gets denied. What would happened to kinds if they apply in future another petition assuming they are in the USA.  

15 minutes ago, steve_o said:

Good morning fam! 

I'd like to ask fellow applicants about their vawa I-485 interview experiences. My lawyer mentioned that the interview typically involves verifying identity (name, address, country of birth, etc.), as well as questions about my spouse (such as her name, birth date, parents' names, dates of divorce and marriage, and our first meeting). Then, the officer might ask some yes/no questions from the I-485 form. Could anyone share the type of questions they were asked during their interview?"  Generally, How did the interview go? Thank you all for your help, and support! 

Hi Steve,

Usually they are suppose to ask yes/no questions on your form i-485. However, this is USCIS you can expect anything from them. Technically they are not suppose to ask you anything related to abuse. If they do you have all the rights to ask for supervisor. Just go back few pages of this thread someone had his/her interview not long ago. He/she was asked only yes/no questions. Also review Sandra's posts on VAWA threads you will get clear picture of interview process. Good luck! 

18 minutes ago, Poupis said:

What is the COVID vaccine rule for USCIS? I have the 1st, the 2nd and one booster - but the last one (booster) is from more than 2 years ago. I called one USCIS doctor to make an appointment and the secretary said my last vaccine must be less than a year ago. Is this accurate????

I did my medical last year. I did not get booster just the 2 vaccine and that was in 2020. My doctor did not say anything, he just did my medical. I think you should go in person to a different office. 

On 1/18/2024 at 6:54 PM, Deee Smith said:

I suffered my things last year. Please send packet next month. Reason, it will likely (from current trends) take 2-3 months to get receipt notice then add processing time. To give yourself peace of mind, send very early. :)

thank you so much !!!!!!

On 1/18/2024 at 7:08 PM, God’s Grace27 said:

Thank you for your concern 

Any news? I was in your shoes last year. HR gave me an extension after I provided receipt notice, congress person correspondence and case update. Also, I think someone here said it's an automatic extension for renewal. USCIS sent my EAD end of the month after it had expired! I was living cautiously between when my documents expired and when I renewed them! My prayers are up for favorable outcomes for you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Deee Smith said:

Any news? I was in your shoes last year. HR gave me an extension after I provided receipt notice, congress person correspondence and case update. Also, I think someone here said it's an automatic extension for renewal. USCIS sent my EAD end of the month after it had expired! I was living cautiously between when my documents expired and when I renewed them! My prayers are up for favorable outcomes for you. 

I was able to obtain my receipt number from the congressman's office, which now allowed  me to check the status of my case online. I promptly shared this information with our HR department and informed them that the congressman's office is currently in the process of obtaining the official receipt notice. 

However, they are insisting that I provide the receipt notice within the next 5 days. They have made it clear that failure to do so may result in termination from my position. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/18/2024 at 5:54 PM, Deee Smith said:

If you send it too early, they will send it back

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/19/2024 at 8:11 AM, steve_o said:

Good morning fam! 

He is correct

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.