curious_creek225

Tunis consulate and k1 visa ?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, curious_creek225 said:

There's only a few stories that are similar to my story with the same type of visa and in the same consulate that are recent enough

There have been MANY MENA country cases here on VJ over the past 8 years I have been around. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

before we filed we took several professional opinions from a number of experienced immigrations attorneys that guaranteed it would go well even with one visit,

So what is the problem, you have this covered.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, curious_creek225 said:

what is incorrect is taking your own standards and applying them to everybody else, not everyone feels and think like you do, people are different and we should accept that, not everyone needs to live and be physically with their partner for long before marriage, some people are just not like that, and co are experienced enough and smart enough to know that, that's why approval rates for k1 visa are actually high even in a "high fraud" consulate like Tunis, 

and again no, neither of us knew any of this when we chose to be together, these technicalities and timing came up after a long everyday maintained online communication that made us know each other very well without the need to be physically in the same place because we both prioritized personalities over anything else, 

have I found it or not( btw I know VJ since ever I didn't just discover it), before we filed we took several professional opinions from a number of experienced immigrations attorneys that guaranteed it would go well even with one visit,

these types of negative comments that only tends to diminish other people's relationships and efforts and try to put them in a place of desperation is exactly what I called baseless opinions before and thank you but it's no needed here

There's only a few stories that are similar to my story with the same type of visa and in the same consulate that are recent enough, and I also read them all and there's not much of help in those, so no that's actually not accurate 

VJ TOS state anyone is free to comment on any post.

and, my comment was not my personal beliefs about marriage, but rather what I’ve observed from 9 years of reading stories here on VJ-  ie:  time spent in person is especially important to MENA consulates specifically.   

But-  you do you!  And like Boiler said, you appear to have it all figured out.   Good luck!

1 hour ago, curious_creek225 said:

what is incorrect is taking your own standards and applying them to everybody else, not everyone feels and think like you do, people are different and we should accept that, not everyone needs to live and be physically with their partner for long before marriage, some people are just not like that, and co are experienced enough and smart enough to know that, that's why approval rates for k1 visa are actually high even in a "high fraud" consulate like Tunis, 

can you share a link to the high approvals for K1 from Tunisia with one visit? And we all know relationships don’t have to look the same but unfortunately the US consulate gets the final say in whether or not they believe your relationship is real. Our suggestion on VJ is always to have a lot of face time as the most common question people are asked is: When did you last see your partner? And How many TIMES have you met? 

and again no, neither of us knew any of this when we chose to be together, these technicalities and timing came up after a long everyday maintained online communication that made us know each other very well without the need to be physically in the same place because we both prioritized personalities over anything else, -You will need to tell this to the interviewer. Show proof you really know each other. I linked the potential questions they could ask you via the link to K1 and Spousal visa reviews. 

have I found it or not( btw I know VJ since ever I didn't just discover it), before we filed we took several professional opinions from a number of experienced immigrations attorneys that guaranteed it would go well even with one visit - immigration Attorneys who work with beneficiaries from Tunisia or just general advice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Redro said:

https://visagrader.com/visa-approvals-and-refusals/K1/tunisia-tun

thank you for your advice , it makes sense to want to see more face time, my question tho was if I'd get specifically an INSTANT DENIAL simply because of that one thing without any other red flags

thank you for linking those questions

immigration attorneys who worked with many nationalities and now right before the interview we're hearing contradicting opinions about an "instant denial" which is confusing me and is the main reason for this post 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, curious_creek225 said:

https://visagrader.com/visa-approvals-and-refusals/K1/tunisia-tun

thank you for your advice , it makes sense to want to see more face time, my question tho was if I'd get specifically an INSTANT DENIAL simply because of that one thing without any other red flags

thank you for linking those questions

immigration attorneys who worked with many nationalities and now right before the interview we're hearing contradicting opinions about an "instant denial" which is confusing me and is the main reason for this post 

All the Lawyers you consulate were aware that you had met once?

It would not be an instant denial, they would send it back.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

You forget the other red flag is you are from a high fraud country. So 2 red flags.
Even couples from “low fraud” countries like Philippines have their K1 denied if the CO believes they did. not see each other enough.
It won’t be an instant denial. 
A couple of things might happen:

1. CO asks for additional evidence of relationship- like your text messages or maybe text messages between you and her family or her and your family. Then you go for another interview and you are questioned about the contents of the messages… 

2. CO sits on your case and the K1 “expires”. This is a test to see if you will file again or get married or break up… 

3. Because CO believes you are both genuine you receive the visa… 

How many of these red flags do you think your relationship has? 

https://shorelineimmigration.com/family-immigration/5-reasons-for-k-1-visa-denial/

Edited by Redro

Timeline
17 hours ago, Boiler said:

what exactly "send it back" mean, to uscis? then what?

15 hours ago, Redro said:

You forget the other red flag is you are from a high fraud country. So 2 red flags.
Even couples from “low fraud” countries like Philippines have their K1 denied if the CO believes they did. not see each other enough.
It won’t be an instant denial. 
A couple of things might happen:

1. CO asks for additional evidence of relationship- like your text messages or maybe text messages between you and her family or her and your family. Then you go for another interview and you are questioned about the contents of the messages… 

2. CO sits on your case and the K1 “expires”. This is a test to see if you will file again or get married or break up… 

3. Because CO believes you are both genuine you receive the visa… 

How many of these red flags do you think your relationship has? 

https://shorelineimmigration.com/family-immigration/5-reasons-for-k-1-visa-denial/

I don't see how Tunis is a high fraud consulate but still approval rates are high

and no we don't have any other red flags

can you please explain option 2, what does that mean exactly "sit on it to test us" how long will that take and how to pass the test should we file again?

Timeline
5 hours ago, curious_creek225 said:

what exactly "send it back" mean, to uscis? then what?

The consulate would send the case back to USCIS where it would expire.  No route to appeal.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, curious_creek225 said:

I don't see how Tunis is a high fraud consulate but still approval rates are high

How do you know what the approval rates are for K-1 visas?  I know of no stats regarding number of denied K-1 visas.   I know that in FY 2023, Tunisia  "B" visas had a 26% refusal rate.  I also know that in January 2024, 11 K-1 visas were issued in Tunis.  I don't know how many K-1s were denied.

Edited by Crazy Cat

50 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

How do you know what the approval rates are for K-1 visas?  I know of no stats regarding number of denied K-1 visas.   I know that in FY 2023, Tunisia  "B" visas had a 26% refusal rate.  I also know that in January 2024, 11 K-1 visas were issued in Tunis.  

@curious_creek225
For January 2024.

Tunisia Spousal Visas: 129 

Tunisia K1: 11

Nigeria Spousal: 197

Nigeria K1: 67 

Philippines Spousal: 90

Philippines K1: 773

Why would you think Tunis has a high approval rate? 36 K visas were issued to Tunisians in 2023.  Compare that to the 502 from Nigeria. compare that to the 3402 in Philippines. 
19825 total K1 visas were issued in 2023. 

You can see the K1 is more common in Philippines but the Spousal visa is more common for Nigeria and Tunisia. 

Edited by Redro

Timeline

When I went for my interview I think there were 15 of us, but that was one day not one month.

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

When I went for my interview I think there were 15 of us, but that was one day not one month.

@curious_creek225

115 visas issued in London in January 2024! 

Timeline

Now I think of it there was one CR1 who had brought his wife along, everyone else was solo. She looked a bit awkward, I assume they do not do K1s every day, never asked.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

How do you know what the approval rates are for K-1 visas?  I know of no stats regarding number of denied K-1 visas.   I know that in FY 2023, Tunisia  "B" visas had a 26% refusal rate.  I also know that in January 2024, 11 K-1 visas were issued in Tunis.  I don't know how many K-1s were denied.

26% for visitor visa is still not high refusal rate, 

I shared a link to a website that claims it has the statistics

10 hours ago, Redro said:

@curious_creek225
For January 2024.

Tunisia Spousal Visas: 129 

to Tunisians in 2023.  Compare that to the 502 from Nigeria. compare that to the 3402 in Philippines. 

19825 total K1 visas were issued in 2023. 

You can see the K1 is more common in Philippines but the Spousal visa is more common for Nigeria and Tunisia. 

okay but Nigeria has 220 million people and the Philippine has a 120 million, Tunisia has only 11 million, and are more culturally related to Europe where most people would marry and go, not the USA

your analogy is mistaken 

this is what I'm talking about, with all due respect you guys don't seem to know exactly what you're talking about on a professional level,

instead of explaining the points I asked about, you're telling me about numbers from different countries and different circumstances

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.