Motip05

Cancel withdrawal of petition I-130

7 posts in this topic

I had sent in a letter to USCIS saying I wanted to withdraw my petition for my wife as we were thinking of filing for divorce as I thought she had only married me for the green card, that is what I wrote in the letter. We sorted through our issues and I do not want to withdraw the petition anymore, what should I do now? 

1 hour ago, Motip05 said:

I had sent in a letter to USCIS saying I wanted to withdraw my petition for my wife as we were thinking of filing for divorce as I thought she had only married me for the green card, that is what I wrote in the letter. We sorted through our issues and I do not want to withdraw the petition anymore, what should I do now? 

You cannot withdraw a withdrawal. You will need to file a new I130. 
Even if the first I130 is approved do not act on it. A few years back, a member entered on a withdrawn petition and this error was only caught at N400 stage. They had to return to their home country as they had no actual status in the US. 
Perhaps someone can find it- I’m having no luck right now. 

21 minutes ago, Motip05 said:

Add on: the letter has only been delivered to USCIS, and there is already a note on my account saying that I do not want to withdraw the case anymore. The case has not been officially withdrawn yet. Is there any hope for this to be sorted out easily?

Read this case @Motip05

The petitioner asked for them to reinstate the k1 and was assured it was reinstated… 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, Redro said:
2 hours ago, Redro said:

Read this case @Motip05

Perhaps someone can find it- I’m having no luck right now. 

I knew you'd come through, our great librarian/ archive finder!!

Tteok-bokki for you. Look for me to collect. 

@Redro should be considered for mod-ship. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.