8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, AMG32id said:

What is biometrics? I have a meeting Friday. What to expect? Should I fill out the form before or during?

What kind of petition is it, and are you the petitioner or beneficiary?

Your timeline suggests that you would have been through biometrics before, but it's basically fingerprinting, photo and signature collection. Should take no more than 5 minutes once it's your turn. What form are you referring to?

26 minutes ago, AMG32id said:

I'm the petitioner. I filed spouse visa on 2.12.24. My Bio appointment is in Phx AZ 3.22.24. 

Did you commit some crime in the past? Typically that's when a petitioner would be requried going through biometrics.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, OldUser said:

Did you commit some crime in the past? Typically that's when a petitioner would be requried going through biometrics.

Petitioner biometrics this early in a spouse visa case is VERY unusual. I've heard of a few times petitioners are called in to a local office for an "interview" prior to petition approval, but that's several months into the process.  Just a biometrics appointment at this stage would seem to indicate the suspicion of something amiss.  Often it's nothing but mistaken identity.  Please let us know what it's about when you find out.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

2 hours ago, AMG32id said:

I asked if I was here because I may have a criminal record? He said no. I told him I got my appointment 2 weeks after I filed and he said Wow!

Who's he and why would he know?

I don't think random folks working at biometrics center would be allowed to know anything about your case. Their job is easy. Check ID, take fingerprints, send information to some database. The officer who handles your case may know why you were required to do biometrics. But maybe even he doesn't know for sure, got an instruction from computer because your name got flagged by other government agency.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.