10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My husband and I moved 15 days ago and we updated his address on his USCIS profile the day after we moved. However, we do not have any pending cases currently since his ROC won’t be until next year. When we updated it, the portal with “View my Submissions” showed “request changed” with a green check mark and a confirmation number but he did not receive a confirmation email. Also, I mailed my I-865 in about two weeks ago, so way before my 30 day deadline as sponsor. 

So it’s been 15 days and when I chat with Emma she always prompted us to wait. Since it’s been that long, I chatted with her and then used the egov site to file an electronic AR-11 (I guess it’s a different system but the same as the one on MyUSCIS) for my husband for his new address. He then got a confirmation email immediately.

Will this be a problem since we did file on his My USCIS the day after we moved but then we had to file using the other service after 15 days since it didn’t seem to work on the online profile? Will this cause issues for us?  Or are we covered because we originally did everything before the 10 days for him and the 30 days for me as the sponsor? 

thank you for any help! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You're good. Don't overthink it.

You as his sponsor need to mail in form I-865.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

You're good. Don't overthink it.

You as his sponsor need to mail in form I-865.

Yes I did! I mailed in the form the week after we moved and received confirmation via tracking it was delivered. Haven’t gotten confirmation from USCIS yet, but I’m sure it will be a few weeks. 

thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, Ladybug13 said:

Yes I did! I mailed in the form the week after we moved and received confirmation via tracking it was delivered. Haven’t gotten confirmation from USCIS yet, but I’m sure it will be a few weeks. 

thank you!

Yeah, ours took about two weeks.

Do you have USPS informed delivery?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

38 minutes ago, Ladybug13 said:

Hi everyone,

My husband and I moved 15 days ago and we updated his address on his USCIS profile the day after we moved. However, we do not have any pending cases currently since his ROC won’t be until next year. When we updated it, the portal with “View my Submissions” showed “request changed” with a green check mark and a confirmation number but he did not receive a confirmation email. Also, I mailed my I-865 in about two weeks ago, so way before my 30 day deadline as sponsor. 

So it’s been 15 days and when I chat with Emma she always prompted us to wait. Since it’s been that long, I chatted with her and then used the egov site to file an electronic AR-11 (I guess it’s a different system but the same as the one on MyUSCIS) for my husband for his new address. He then got a confirmation email immediately.

Will this be a problem since we did file on his My USCIS the day after we moved but then we had to file using the other service after 15 days since it didn’t seem to work on the online profile? Will this cause issues for us?  Or are we covered because we originally did everything before the 10 days for him and the 30 days for me as the sponsor? 

thank you for any help! 

no problem especially if you dont have any pending case

my friend just filed AR-11 2 weeks ago and she also didnt get confirmation email 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

so it seems my address confirmation from USCIS got lost in the mail. It was on my informed delivery last Saturday but never came. The post office said they didn't have it either.

I called USCIS and they said they still have my old address but it can take up to 60 days to show in their system. They also said I didn’t really need to do it since we don’t have an active case currently. My husbands address is updated since he is the CR-1 green card holder (we checked with Ask Emma and a live agent) but since we don’t have an actually “active case” it wasn’t necessary for me to send in an address update as a US citizen as it will be updated when we file his ROC next year.

but anyways, has anyone else had their i865 confirmation from USCIS get lost in the mail? The funny thing is it was coming to my new address but it got lost anyways 😂

5 hours ago, Ladybug13 said:

They also said I didn’t really need to do it since we don’t have an active case currently. My husbands address is updated since he is the CR-1 green card holder (we checked with Ask Emma and a live agent) but since we don’t have an actually “active case” it wasn’t necessary for me to send in an address update as a US citizen as it will be updated when we file his ROC next year.

but anyways, has anyone else had their i865 confirmation from USCIS get lost in the mail? The funny thing is it was coming to my new address but it got lost anyways 😂

You got wrong information from tier 1. By law, LPR must file AR-11 within 10 days of moving. By law, sponsor must file I-865 within 30 days of moving. It doesn't matter if there is an active case or there isn't.

It's not funny actually, because if mail gets lost, this means ROC extension letter, RFE, GC or other important mail can get lost too when sent to this address.

Edited by OldUser

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

You got wrong information from tier 1. By law, LPR must file AR-11 within 10 days of moving. By law, sponsor must file I-865 within 30 days of moving. It doesn't matter if there is an active case or there isn't.

It's not funny actually, because if mail gets lost, this means ROC extension letter, RFE, GC or other important mail can get lost too when sent to this address.

Well we did submit the AR-11 and I did submit my i865. Even though the USCIS agent said it was fine when I called, we did already submit all of those required items right after moving. 

and I know it’s not “funny” it got lost in the mail. I’m trying to make light of the situation, but in a case where something like this is lost - what should one do? Does anyone know if you can ask for the receipt of confirmation from the i865 to be sent again? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.