Maah

Problem with paying immigrant fee on USCIS (Split & Merged)

13 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am a petitioner for my mother. I am trying to pay immigration fee. I used A and DOS number with exact same instruction (DOS without last 2 digit), but it keep showing unexpected error. 

I called USCIS for technical issue, within 72 hrs they sent me a generic email and they refer me to the website and/or contact number of USCIS. I called again they made a request for Tier 2 phone call, again in 72hr they called me but as soon as i said Im a petitioner he did hang on the phone. 

whoever has this issue before, can you please help me how should i fix it? what was your experience and how USCIS solve your problem. 

Thank you 

Edited by Crazy Cat

hello

I am trying to pay immigration fee but as soon as I put A number and DOS number ( without last 2 digit as instructed, am pretty sure the number entered correctly), the error comes up with " Unexpected Error". I called USCIS and they make a ticket but few days after they email me that this issue can not be solved with help desk and on email again referred back to website which has a generic info.

anyone had a same experience? how did you solve it ? is there any way i can get in-person appt? 

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Maah said:

hello

I am trying to pay immigration fee but as soon as I put A number and DOS number ( without last 2 digit as instructed, am pretty sure the number entered correctly), the error comes up with " Unexpected Error". I called USCIS and they make a ticket but few days after they email me that this issue can not be solved with help desk and on email again referred back to website which has a generic info.

anyone had a same experience? how did you solve it ? is there any way i can get in-person appt? 

Thanks 

What type of application and what stage are you at, is the immigrant already in the US? Have you tried using another browser?

I called USICS and connected to the human they make a service number and they told me that within 72 hrs they contact you for technical issue. After 72 hr they send me an email that this issue can not be solved with Help Desk. I went to USCIS in person and explained to them with the hope that I can get in person appointment, but they ask me to get appointment online, but there is no option for this issue to choose online for set up an appointment. 

• Crazy Cat changed the title to Problem with paying immigrant fee on USCIS (Split & Merged)
34 minutes ago, Maah said:

I am a petitioner, this is for IR5. already accepted. I have to just pay 220 immigration fee so that green card can be issued. Yes, I used the different browser, did not work. 

Ah, ok - didn't see your other thread before but @powerpuff has kindly merged them. 

Are you doing this through your USCIS account, or your mothers? And just checking, but you're using her A number and DOS number, not yours?? How many digits in her A number?

Oh yeah, I tried both account (Mine and my Mother) dose not work. I use her A and DOS number, I did not use last 2 digit of DOS as it was explained in website. I am 100% sure the number is accurate. Look like it is a technical issue. how can I get In person appointment with USCIS ? 

3 minutes ago, Maah said:

Oh yeah, I tried both account (Mine and my Mother) dose not work. I use her A and DOS number, I did not use last 2 digit of DOS as it was explained in website. I am 100% sure the number is accurate. Look like it is a technical issue. how can I get In person appointment with USCIS ? 

I don't believe you can just to pay a fee, but you've got a year before you need to worry about it anyway. How many digits is her A number?

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.