Tegs&Lols

N-400 March 2024 Filers

379 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Duggu said:

San Jose have oath ceremonies every other friday.  My wife's interview was on 6th May. They approved the application on the spot and gave her the oath letter for 10th May.  

So I expect future San Jose oath ceremonies will be like 24th May, 7th June , 21st June, 5th July and so on.   You might get same day oath or 5th july. 

Passport takes 1-2 days and India e visa take 1-2 days. So I believe you should have ample amout of margin if you are traveling on July 23rd

Thank you so much for providing all the details. Appreciate your help🙏

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I applied on 03/31 online and just received my noticed that my interview has been scheduled for 06/25 (Detroit). However, I will be out of state that day on training. 
Anyone familiar with the rescheduling process? I called and was told I will receive a call once my reschedule request has been approved and then I get put back in the queue :( does that mean I wait another 6 weeks for an appointment?

I will be at an important work trip and everything has been booked, or I would not be rescheduling. 
Thanks all!

• Entered USA in 2010 with F-1 Visa
  • Married 2012
  • Green Card 02/06/2014
  • Conditions Lifted 08/11/2016
  • N-400 application 03/30/2024. Biometrics Reuse.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lupecita said:

I applied on 03/31 online and just received my noticed that my interview has been scheduled for 06/25 (Detroit). However, I will be out of state that day on training. 
Anyone familiar with the rescheduling process? I called and was told I will receive a call once my reschedule request has been approved and then I get put back in the queue :( does that mean I wait another 6 weeks for an appointment?

I will be at an important work trip and everything has been booked, or I would not be rescheduling. 
Thanks all!

I believe I just received the email of the rescheduling approval, I thought it was odd she said I would get a call.

this is what the notice says:

As per your request, we have canceled your previously scheduled interview appointment for your N-400 Application for Naturalization and have placed you back into the scheduling queue to be scheduled for an interview at a later time. Once slots become available at your local field office, the system will schedule a NEW date and time for your interview and a NEW Interview Appointment Notice will be mailed out to the address that is on file.”

• Married 2012
  • Green Card 02/06/2014

N-400 application 03/15/2024

Biometrics 04/02/2024

New Jersey

Waiting for my interview.

*Emma said that I've been entered in the system that schedules interviews.

Hi everyone!

Question for those who received a letter for an interview.

How did you find out about this? Did you receive an email or did you visit USCIS?

5 minutes ago, vld _221 said:

Biometrics 04/02/2024

New Jersey

Hi everyone!

How did you find out about this? Did you receive an email or did you visit USCIS?

What did you ask Emma specifically when it said “you’ve been entered in the system that schedules interviews“? I will ask same question for myself.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, vld _221 said:

Biometrics 04/02/2024

New Jersey

Hi everyone!

Email, and there’s a Case Tracker app as well, but I got the email notification before the app’s notification. The letter is in the mail too.

• Married 2012
  • Green Card 02/06/2014

10 minutes ago, vld _221 said:

"What stage is my case now at?" 

You talked to live agent or only Emma? I am trying with same question but it is pointing me to uscis case status links. Can you tell me the prompts you used before you asked “what stage my case is at?” Thank you 

On 5/10/2024 at 1:35 PM, robintz said:

I filed on March, 18 2024 and also still wait for my interview notice. I spoke to a Customer Service Agent at USCIS yesterday and they told me my case is currently at NBC. Not sure if they schedule interviews and transfer the case to the local field office afterwards or if the local field office schedules the interview after they receive the case file. Does anyone know how the process works?

I received my interview notice today; scheduled for the 21st of June. I assume your interview should be scheduled any day. 

Best of luck!

6 minutes ago, crm2822 said:

Your case is marriage based (3 years) or employment based (5 years rule)?

5 year rule is general provision, not related to employment. Anybody can apply under 5 year rule when they're a resident for 5 years, even the ones married to US citizens if desired.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.