Caitlin Kennedy

N-400 March 2024 filers

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I created a N-400 March 2024 thread because I didnt see one. If one exists, please let me know and I can delete this one.

We would like to send this soon, but the last thing we have to finish is our cover letter. Can you please let me know the following questions and feedback on the document or our document list? We are sending this online but thought this would be a nice to have. My husband is applying and is British.

Cover Letter

1. How do I confirm field office for Chicago? Is it the same location where we had our first green card interview together?

2. I have seen people on various cover letter use MSC to identify their case, but I only have our Lin and what I saw on our 48 month extension letter.

Cover Letter

Date

Name
Address

ORIGINAL ONLINE SUBMISSION

RE: Application of Natural Citizenship For: Name: A#

USCIS

Attn: Natural Application for Citizenship & Request for I-751 Combo Interview

Chicago Field Office?

Nature of Submission: I-400 Natural Application for Citizenship & Request for I-751 Combo Interview

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

(DOB: , SSN:)

Conditional Permanent Resident and Spouse:

(DOB:  SSN:)

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please consider this letter as an official request for a combination I-751/N-400 interview and waiver of the I-751 interview.  We submitted the joint I-751 petition in January 2023.  My biometrics was completed in May of 2019.  The status of my I-751, case number LINXXXXXXXXX has been “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” since January 31, 2023. I have received no RFEs or requests of any kind. 

If you need any additional documentation in order to evaluate these applications; please let me know and I will send to you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Name and Signature

Docs:

Item Number Item
1 File 400
2 Cover letter asking for combo interview with 751
3 Copy of extension letter so I-751 case can be connected to N-400.
4 3 X years of tax returns (Tax return transcripts)
5 Birth certificates for both of us
6 Photo passport pages for both of us
7 Current Apt Rent Copy & and add 2024-2025 Lease
8 Current Apt Insurance Copy and Wedding Band Insurance
9 Green card front and back
10 Marriage certificate
11 6 pages of photos (18 total photos) from the past year (time we renewed the GC) with holidays, trips and our anniversary.
12 Current join health insurance
13 Joint Bank Statements (4)
14 Final Visits Tracker

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   3   1    

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to US Citizenship General DIscussion, from ROC~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 5:08 PM, Ontarkie said:

~~Moved to US Citizenship General DIscussion, from ROC~~

Can someone make a march 2024 fliers page then? and can you link where you moved it to? i'm typing that board name in and nothing

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/3/2024 at 3:29 PM, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Can someone make a march 2024 fliers page then? and can you link where you moved it to? i'm typing that board name in and nothing

It's in the case filing report sub-forum: 

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

1 hour ago, Laure&Colin said:

It's in the case filing report sub-forum: 

Thanks, can you let me know where my actual post was moved to?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Filled yesterday online for citizenship!! I am in the DC area (Fairfax office). Nothing yet about biometrics being reused :/

Naturalization

03/04/24: N-400 submitted online; Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent.

1 hour ago, juancarlos said:

Filled yesterday online for citizenship!! I am in the DC area (Fairfax office). Nothing yet about biometrics being reused 😕

Naturalization

03/04/24: N-400 submitted online; Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent.

Reusing is never guaranteed. One should always assume appointment will be needed. Good luck!

On 3/1/2024 at 4:53 PM, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Hi all,

I created a N-400 March 2024 thread because I didnt see one. If one exists, please let me know and I can delete this one.

We would like to send this soon, but the last thing we have to finish is our cover letter. Can you please let me know the following questions and feedback on the document or our document list? We are sending this online but thought this would be a nice to have. My husband is applying and is British.

Cover Letter

1. How do I confirm field office for Chicago? Is it the same location where we had our first green card interview together?

2. I have seen people on various cover letter use MSC to identify their case, but I only have our Lin and what I saw on our 48 month extension letter.

Cover Letter

Date

Name
Address

ORIGINAL ONLINE SUBMISSION

RE: Application of Natural Citizenship For: Name: A#

USCIS

Attn: Natural Application for Citizenship & Request for I-751 Combo Interview

Chicago Field Office?

Nature of Submission: I-400 Natural Application for Citizenship & Request for I-751 Combo Interview

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

(DOB: , SSN:)

Conditional Permanent Resident and Spouse:

(DOB:  SSN:)

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please consider this letter as an official request for a combination I-751/N-400 interview and waiver of the I-751 interview.  We submitted the joint I-751 petition in January 2023.  My biometrics was completed in May of 2019.  The status of my I-751, case number LINXXXXXXXXX has been “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” since January 31, 2023. I have received no RFEs or requests of any kind. 

If you need any additional documentation in order to evaluate these applications; please let me know and I will send to you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Name and Signature

Docs:

Item Number Item
1 File 400
2 Cover letter asking for combo interview with 751
3 Copy of extension letter so I-751 case can be connected to N-400.
4 3 X years of tax returns (Tax return transcripts)
5 Birth certificates for both of us
6 Photo passport pages for both of us
7 Current Apt Rent Copy & and add 2024-2025 Lease
8 Current Apt Insurance Copy and Wedding Band Insurance
9 Green card front and back
10 Marriage certificate
11 6 pages of photos (18 total photos) from the past year (time we renewed the GC) with holidays, trips and our anniversary.
12 Current join health insurance
13 Joint Bank Statements (4)
14 Final Visits Tracker

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   3   1    

@OldUser You always provide great feedback. Do you know the answers to my questions above or any feedback? Thanks!

@Caitlin Kennedy thank you for the kind words!

You can find the office where your N-400 interview will be held using Field Office Locator - https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Put the zip code of your home address in search at the bottom of the page and it will show the address for office.

In the letter, refer to your I-751 case by it's number on official correspondence. If starts with LIN, then it's LIN...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/3/2024 at 5:29 PM, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Sorry I have been without computer access until just now. Click on the link below to find your monthly filers thread. This is in the subforum of US Citizenship General Discussion. I'm going to lock this thread since there is a Monthly filer that you were looking for.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.