Reynal2m

Online I-130 proofs (Multiple questions on I-130 merged together)

49 posts in this topic

Good evening VJ,

I'm seeking guidance regarding the inclusion of a cover letter when submitting Form I-130. Do you guys recommend it? Additionally, I'm curious if Form G-1145 is necessary for receiving notifications when filing online.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1 minute ago, OldUser said:

G-1145 is optional and it's free.

Thanks for the reply,

Please note that I am not filling via regular mail, instead I am filling online. Do i need to attach the form in the additional proofs section?

Good evening VJ,

I am in the final stages of completing my I-130 submission. Although pushbrk has addressed this matter previously, my partner would like to confirm it again to avoid any potential requests for further evidence (RFE).

Before his naturalization, my partner's name was First Name, Middle Name, 1st Last, 2nd Last. After naturalization, he chose to retain only First Name and 1st Last Name. What evidence can we provide to demonstrate this legal name change? I was advised by pushbrk to simply upload the naturalization certificate, but it does not explicitly mention any name change.

I apologize for the inquiry, but I consistently strive to understand the reasoning behind things.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Follow what the Senator told you. The certificate is all you need.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Good morning VJ, 

I am in the process of uploading all the evidence for my I130 request, and I'm contemplating the best method for attaching these documents. My plan is to compile them into a PDF format. For instance, I have a lease demonstrating joint tenancy:

Now, the question arises: Should I upload the original documents as scanned copies, or would it suffice to convert them into PDFs and include a brief summary of each document's content?

Furthermore, should I include translations within the same PDF, either at the beginning or at the end?

Example of what I am planning on doing:

image.thumb.png.f1eff4c9a7957ef5ad814a8c685f6745.png

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The reasoning is that USCIS already knows the original name of the person who changed their name upon Naturalizing.  It's in their file.  There simply IS no other record of the name change besides the N400 filed with USCIS to naturalize.  Tell your partner, truth is truth on its own merits.  Truth is not determined by consensus, or second opinions.  By the same token, falsehood does not become truth because a second source confirms the falsehood.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
10 hours ago, Reynal2m said:

Good morning VJ, 

I am in the process of uploading all the evidence for my I130 request, and I'm contemplating the best method for attaching these documents. My plan is to compile them into a PDF format. For instance, I have a lease demonstrating joint tenancy:

Now, the question arises: Should I upload the original documents as scanned copies, or would it suffice to convert them into PDFs and include a brief summary of each document's content?

Furthermore, should I include translations within the same PDF, either at the beginning or at the end?

Thanks in advance.

You are overthinking again.  Note that you are not the petitioner.  The petitioner files the I-130.  Petitioner uploads documents.  If you want to add an explanation, put it in a separate letter.  Your attachment is not according to the instructions, as you have altered it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

7 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You are overthinking again.  Note that you are not the petitioner.  The petitioner files the I-130.  Petitioner uploads documents.  If you want to add an explanation, put it in a separate letter.  Your attachment is not according to the instructions, as you have altered it.

Strangely enough OP seems to be filing I-130. I thought he was a petioner. If beneficiary, I agree, he should not be filling these forms.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Strangely enough OP seems to be filing I-130. I thought he was a petioner. If beneficiary, I agree, he should not be filling these forms.

It really doesn't matter who does the typing as long as the correct data for the correct person, gets in the right places.  But, in the end, it is only the petitioner that filing a petition and signing it.  The OP only makes this all clear when he talks about his partner Naturalizing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

18 hours ago, Reynal2m said:

Good morning VJ, 

Thanks in advance.

1. For any foreign language document , you must include a complete translation …so you can’t get away with summary ‘ this a .lease..”  shortcuts .

‘Ok for you to translate , just include the needed one line certification verbiage. ..and avoid writing on any document. 

2. Use a cover letter/exhibit page to list your evidence and provide  a concise 1 or 2 sentence description of items 

14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Thanks, my partner is the petitioner and I am helping him to do this process, since he is not computer savvy.

5 hours ago, Family said:

1. For any foreign language document , you must include a complete translation …so you can’t get away with summary ‘ this a .lease..”  shortcuts .

‘Ok for you to translate , just include the needed one line certification verbiage. ..and avoid writing on any document. 

2. Use a cover letter/exhibit page to list your evidence and provide  a concise 1 or 2 sentence description of items 

Thanks for the reply, so basically do not alter or type in any document and include brief descriptions on the name of the archive and cover letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.