jmalelkamel

USC added to beneficiary's health insurance plan/evidence question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi there! I have a bit of a small question that I haven't read about before so I just wanted to check with anyone here. I'm the USC and my spouse (Tunisian) was able to add me to his health insurances at his work, in case anything major were to happen while we are waiting for the approval since healthcare is good there and not as expensive as the US. He also listed me as the beneficiary of the payments from his work in case of his death, etc. I uploaded this evidence with a certified translation - I think I'm overthinking it but I just wanted to know if it matters that I included this since it's not US based insurance stuff, I know they generally want evidence of US based things, but we don't have that since we live in different countries and he needs SSN to be added on most everything here. (We also uploaded one year of call logs, some screenshots of our convos and shows one of the gold necklaces he bought for me, wedding photos, trip photos and all our boarding passes along with this). Thanks in advance for anyone who can reassure me or advise me if this is all good. :)

The USCIS is not looking for “US based things”, they are looking for shared things that any married couple could have. A lot of couples, like was on my case, live together outside of the US when applying.

We had everything from my country and from the US just tax returns.

Put focus on important things like the joint bank, health insurance, trips, etc. IMO the gold necklace are not important evidence. 

Good luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Tunisia I tend to think of lots of quality time spent together.

I also agree with the above.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

what u have commingled would be important if u intended to live in Tunisia

Do u have any red flag issues that would make the CO look for commingling of finances to prove the relationship?

Check the  following attorney site for possible red flags to immigrate

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.htm

3 basic issues

1 big age difference

2 difference in religion

3 USC not of child bearing age

BTW  this statement is not true  he needs SSN to be added on most everything here.

You  have to file married either MFJ or MFS

By applying for ITIN,  with tax returns for the year married following IRS site for nonresident alien spouse,  u can use the iTIN to add to bank account (most banks according to federal banking rules)

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-spouse

I added my moroccan husband when we married and were going thru this process

U only need to show commingling if the CO has issues with any red flags/ otherwise u r overthinking 

spend as much quality time with him as possible -that and approval  of the Tunisian family 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Being added to spouse's insurance is relationship evidence no matter in which country.  Has nothing to do with the affidavit of support later.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Being added to spouse's insurance is relationship evidence no matter in which country.  Has nothing to do with the affidavit of support later.

Thank you! Can you explain what you mean by the last part? I am familiar with the affidavit of support but just wondering what the connection is with that? 

Timeline
9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

what u have commingled would be important if u intended to live in Tunisia

Do u have any red flag issues that would make the CO look for commingling of finances to prove the relationship?

Check the  following attorney site for possible red flags to immigrate

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.htm

3 basic issues

1 big age difference

2 difference in religion

3 USC not of child bearing age

BTW  this statement is not true  he needs SSN to be added on most everything here.

You  have to file married either MFJ or MFS

By applying for ITIN,  with tax returns for the year married following IRS site for nonresident alien spouse,  u can use the iTIN to add to bank account (most banks according to federal banking rules)

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-spouse

I added my moroccan husband when we married and were going thru this process

U only need to show commingling if the CO has issues with any red flags/ otherwise u r overthinking 

spend as much quality time with him as possible -that and approval  of the Tunisian family 

Thank you for your response! We filed married filing separately since I have read the process of obtaining a ITIN can be a bit arduous. But I will definitely look into that! Red flags you mentioned is not an issue. We did submit boarding passes of our three trips together in the last two years and plenty of photos together and photos with family too and of our wedding. And have an upcoming trip planned for summer :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, jmalelkamel said:

Thank you! Can you explain what you mean by the last part? I am familiar with the affidavit of support but just wondering what the connection is with that? 

There is no connection, that was what he was saying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, jmalelkamel said:

Nothing at all.  That's what I said.  It's not "financial".  It's just relationship evidence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.