omileto

Question about petitioner's proof of asset for I-134 (for personal properties)

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. As the petitioner, I put several forms of asset including personal property (cars and jewelries to be specific). I was just wondering what type of proof is accepted when it comes to these things. Are receipts enough for the jewelries? For the car, do I have to provide a copy of the title to prove that I am the owner? Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You may include the net value of a home as an asset. The net value of the home is the appraised value of the home, minus the sum of all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. If you include the net value of your home, then you must include documentation demonstrating that you own the home, a recent appraisal by a licensed appraiser, and evidence of the amount of all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. You may not include the net value of an automobile unless you show that you have more than one automobile, and at least one automobile is not included as an asset. Submit evidence of the value of your or your household members' assets. Evidence must include the name of the asset , a description of the asset, proof of ownership, and the basis for the owner's claim of its net cash value.

page 5 of I 134 instructions

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-134instr.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just show your income.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

Just show your income.

I believe what I read is that income isn't a hard rule, that you can still be denied if you are above the income requirement. So I think providing a few assets is probably a good idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

assets like savings is easy to show

but for others like a house ,  u need to have an appraisal (not cheap) and copy of lien(s)

same with jewelry,  appraisal and the fair market price

OP

i  know assets are on the form but you are not required to list them

u can if your income is low but in that case ,  it would be better to have a joint sponsor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, PokuPoku said:

I believe what I read is that income isn't a hard rule, that you can still be denied if you are above the income requirement. So I think providing a few assets is probably a good idea.

Current W-2 income is best, with liquid assets like cash in a savings account next.  The interviewing officer will look at the totality of the petitioner's circumstances and make a judgment, and the I-134 income requirement is lower than the I-864 for adjustment of status after marriage on the K-1.  If your current annual income is borderline, liquid assets could help but there is no guarantee.  Have you considered a joint sponsor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.