Metaler_666

CR1 _ afftidavit of support documents ? (Merged threads)

28 posts in this topic

Hi guys my case is CR1.

do I need only submit my 2022 tax return and transcript + W-2  + 2023 proof of income ? (cuz 2023 tax  payment is not started yet) ..

OR

I would submit (2022 + 2021 + 2020 tax return 1040 ) + all 3 years w2 + 2023 proof of income ?

which strategy you recommend ? I dont know is it necessary to submit last 3 years tax return or only recent year 2022!!

thanks for help

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Metaler_666 said:

Hi guys my case is CR1.

do I need only submit my 2022 tax return and transcript + W-2  + 2023 proof of income ? (cuz 2023 tax  payment is not started yet) ..

OR

I would submit (2022 + 2021 + 2020 tax return 1040 ) + all 3 years w2 + 2023 proof of income ?

which strategy you recommend ? I dont know is it necessary to submit last 3 years tax return or only recent year 2022!!

thanks for help

Yes. Now even I am confused while filling I864 form. As we are in Year 2024 now, what to put for most recent Tax year and previous two tax years!! 

Whether it is 2023, 2022 and 2021 or 2022, 2021 and 2020?

And as year 2023 tax return is not filled yet and transcript is not available, whether to attach year 2023 W-2 for showing year 2023 income?

1 minute ago, AK65 said:

Yes. Now even I am confused while filling I864 form. As we are in Year 2024 now, what to put for most recent Tax year and previous two tax years!! 

Whether it is 2023, 2022 and 2021 or 2022, 2021 and 2020?

And as year 2023 tax return is not filled yet and transcript is not available, whether to attach year 2023 W-2 for showing year 2023 income?

yeah I am confused too .. I dont know if 2023 W-2 comes( that usually comes in Jan ), i send it too!!? .. or only send my proof of income of 2023  + 2022 tax return transcript .. cuz I checked they say probably 29 Jan IRS tax filing will start .. and after filling 3 week later transcript will be available  in IRS acc.. so if we want wait we will waste probably 45 days !! 

Just now, Metaler_666 said:

no any expert in this topic answers us ?🥺

I'm sure they will, but you only asked 3 hours ago. As my mother would say 'patience is a virtue'. 😂

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, Metaler_666 said:

Hi guys my case is CR1.

OR

thanks for help

You will provide information from 3 tax returns but just the latest, 2022 tax return transcript or complete copy with W2s etc.

You then provide evidence of current income.  2023 is not current.  Use a current pay stub.  If you want to also include  your year end pay stub, that's fine.  Current income is gross for current full pay period times the  number of pay periods in a full year.  If you lost your job last week, it doesn't matter what you made in 2023.  You have zero "current income".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
38 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You will provide information from 3 tax returns but just the latest, 2022 tax return transcript or complete copy with W2s etc.

You then provide evidence of current income.  2023 is not current.  Use a current pay stub.  If you want to also include  your year end pay stub, that's fine.  Current income is gross for current full pay period times the  number of pay periods in a full year.  If you lost your job last week, it doesn't matter what you made in 2023.  You have zero "current income".

Thanks for clarification. So can you confirm on following:
1. We need to mention Total income for 2022, 2021 and 2020 years in "Most Recent", "2nd Most Recent" and "3rd Most Recent" columns and upload year 2022 Tax return transcript
2. For 2023 income, last 6 months pay stubs, which will also suffice for current income, as Jan 2024 pay stub is not there yet
3. W-2 is not needed for year 2023 income as year 2023 tax return is not filed with IRS yet

Edited by AK65
Correction.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AK65 said:

Thanks for clarification. So can you confirm on following:
1. We need to mention Total income for 2022, 2021 and 2020 years in "Most Recent", "2nd Most Recent" and "3rd Most Recent" columns and upload year 2022 Tax return transcript
2. For 2023 income, last 6 months pay stubs, which will also suffice for current income, as Jan 2024 pay stub is not there yet
3. W-2 is not needed for year 2023 income as year 2022 tax return is not filed with IRS yet

Yes, but just the latest pay stub is what you use to calculate current income.  If that is also the year end stub, even better.

As long as your pay rate hasn't changed, that total will also be your "current income".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

thank you very much for your help ..

1-when you said W2s means I need  submit my W2s of those 3 years( 2020,2021,and 2022 )  that I put in the I-854 form ? or only I would submit W2 of 2022 .the year that I submit tax return transcript only ?

2- about  proof of income if  my W2 of 2023 be available next week , do think its better I put it as My  full year income ?

Employers do not have to give W-2 before January 31st, though some do.  If you are filing now then you have to submit what you can get and the most efficient is the IRS Tax transcripts that you get online, if you can wait, then file your 2023 taxes and send a copy of your 1040 for 2023 along with the data from the prior years. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Metaler_666 said:

thank you very much for your help ..

1-when you said W2s means I need  submit my W2s of those 3 years( 2020,2021,and 2022 )  that I put in the I-854 form ? or only I would submit W2 of 2022 .the year that I submit tax return transcript only ?

2- about  proof of income if  my W2 of 2023 be available next week , do think its better I put it as My  full year income ?

You don't need ANY W2 forms if you submit the 2022 Tax return transcript.  W2s are for when you submit a complete copy of federal tax return instead of the transcript.  You can send the 2022 one if you want, but online the total income numbers are needed for 20 and 21.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You don't need ANY W2 forms if you submit the 2022 Tax return transcript.  W2s are for when you submit a complete copy of federal tax return instead of the transcript.  You can send the 2022 one if you want, but online the total income numbers are needed for 20 and 21.

thank you very much ..

and one more question ,

all petitioners need to submit proof of domicile  ? even if the person is living in US right now ? which person exactly needs domicile cuz i even see those people are working in US submitting that!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Metaler_666 said:

all petitioners need to submit proof of domicile  ? even if the person is living in US right now ? which person exactly needs domicile cuz i even see those people are working in US submitting that!!!

All petitioners and joint sponsors must submit evidence of domicile. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

All petitioners and joint sponsors must submit evidence of domicile. 

Correct, but when living and working in the USA already, that's the evidence needed. 

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.