JamesJourney

IR1/CR1 interview completed, what next

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys, thought I’d give a quick review of my recent experience at the London embassy. 

all in all, a really pleasant experience. 

My interview time was 10am. I arrived an hour early and check in, was advised I was a little early and to come back at 0930. There was a nice little cafe opposite the embassy where I went and got a coffee whilst I waited. 

I arrived back at 0930, joined a smaller que as it was an immigrant appointment and went straight through airport style security. I then proceeded into the embassy and was asked to take a seat on the first floor. 

I was only seated for around 5-10 mins when I was called to the window for document checks. Very pleasant and again only took around 5-10 minutes. I was asked to take another seat in the same area whilst I waited for an officer. 

15 minutes later I was called to another window where a nice lady asked me a couple of straight forward questions about my DUI I received in Germany a few years ago, a couple about my wife and she smiled and told me my visa has been APPROVED. 

all in all I was in and out in around 40 mins and was a really pleasant experience. 

my question now is, where do I see any updates. My NVC page is the same and the US visa page says status:appointment. Does anyone know where I can see an update and any idea I can expect to get my passport back ?  

thanks 😊

13 minutes ago, JamesJourney said:

Hi guys, thought I’d give a quick review of my recent experience at the London embassy. 

all in all, a really pleasant experience. 

My interview time was 10am. I arrived an hour early and check in, was advised I was a little early and to come back at 0930. There was a nice little cafe opposite the embassy where I went and got a coffee whilst I waited. 

I arrived back at 0930, joined a smaller que as it was an immigrant appointment and went straight through airport style security. I then proceeded into the embassy and was asked to take a seat on the first floor. 

I was only seated for around 5-10 mins when I was called to the window for document checks. Very pleasant and again only took around 5-10 minutes. I was asked to take another seat in the same area whilst I waited for an officer. 

15 minutes later I was called to another window where a nice lady asked me a couple of straight forward questions about my DUI I received in Germany a few years ago, a couple about my wife and she smiled and told me my visa has been APPROVED. 

all in all I was in and out in around 40 mins and was a really pleasant experience. 

my question now is, where do I see any updates. My NVC page is the same and the US visa page says status:appointment. Does anyone know where I can see an update and any idea I can expect to get my passport back ?  

thanks 😊

You won’t get any more updates, other than from the courier telling you when they’re returning your passport. It’s generally surprisingly quick. Mine took less than 10 days, and that included a 3 day bank holiday weekend. Congrats. Almost there!

Just now, Cw1977 said:

You won’t get any more updates, other than from the courier telling you when they’re returning your passport. It’s generally surprisingly quick. Mine took less than 10 days, and that included a 3 day bank holiday weekend. Congrats. Almost there!

Correction. I think the status changes to visa produced (or similar) after a couple of days. But that’s it

Your status could go to “refused” for a little bit (could be for a few hours, or days) but don’t freak out about that. After that it will change to “Issued”. It took 7 days for me to receive my passport back, but that was in the NL

congrats! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

2 hours ago, Daphne . said:

Your status could go to “refused” for a little bit (could be for a few hours, or days) but don’t freak out about that. After that it will change to “Issued”. It took 7 days for me to receive my passport back, but that was in the NL

congrats! 

Thank you!

which website was this on ? 

James 

2 hours ago, Cw1977 said:

Correction. I think the status changes to visa produced (or similar) after a couple of days. But that’s it

Thank you !

was hoping to get to the states for Christmas to see my wife but don’t think they’d looking likely 

4 hours ago, Daphne . said:

congrats! 

Hi Daphne. Just looked and it says it’s in administrative processing. So I read that’s normal. Nearly there :) 

1 hour ago, JamesJourney said:

20 Dec 2023 

Visa status “issued”

hopefully I can pick up my passport soon 

Wonderful! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JamesJourney said:

20 Dec 2023 

Visa status “issued”

Yay! Congratulations!!!

5 hours ago, JamesJourney said:

20 Dec 2023 

Visa status “issued”

Yay, congrats! Mine arrived a couple of days after the interview from London. Fingers crossed you can make it for xmas!

8 minutes ago, Micam said:

Yay, congrats! Mine arrived a couple of days after the interview from London. Fingers crossed you can make it for xmas!

Thank you so much. It changed to issued today so fingers crossed :) 

Hi guys. Update..

received tracking for my passport Thurs 21st 2023 after Monday interview. 

do you think I could collect it today so I can fly tomorrow ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.