Erik and Glydyl

Current CFO appt wait times?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone recently gotten their K1 visa approved in Manila and had to schedule their CFO appt? How long did it take to get an appointment? Didi you do face to face or online seminar? If face to face, which city did you choose to have it done? Manila, Cebu or Davao? Thank you. There are no online time statistics that I can find for current wait times. I think this info will help many who are facing a near interview and are trying to guess when to schedule their flight to the U.S.

CFO has been undergone all kinds of wild changes this year but they seem to have somewhat emerged from the total meltdown they were having in like June and July. As far as I can tell, at this time there is no way you can find out when you could get an appointment before you actually have the visa on hand, but people who do have visas no longer seem to be having difficulties getting appointments in the reasonable short term future.  As far as I can tell they only do in-person GCP now.  The online option seems ended. Take your choice Manila, Cebu, or Davao whichever is most convenient.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

On 12/18/2023 at 10:44 AM, Erik and Glydyl said:

Has anyone recently gotten their K1 visa approved in Manila and had to schedule their CFO appt? How long did it take to get an appointment? Didi you do face to face or online seminar? If face to face, which city did you choose to have it done? Manila, Cebu or Davao? Thank you. There are no online time statistics that I can find for current wait times. I think this info will help many who are facing a near interview and are trying to guess when to schedule their flight to the U.S.

Online is gone. Only in person now. You will get your appointment when you get it. Remember this is the Philippines. Most I have seen are getting appointments pretty quickly. You time would be better spent planning her departure and arrival than worrying about how long it will take, It will be done before you know it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Online is gone. Only in person now. You will get your appointment when you get it. Remember this is the Philippines. Most I have seen are getting appointments pretty quickly. You time would be better spent planning her departure and arrival than worrying about how long it will take, It will be done before you know it.

lol, thats the whole point. I'm trying to plan her departure. Flights become more and more expensive the closer you get to the departure date so I want to get everything booked now as soon as possible. Our interview is on Jan 30th, and we want to book her flight for Mar 1st, but assuming it will take 10 days for them to mail her passport and visa back to her, that will only leave us about 14 days or so to schedule and do the cfo seminar. I dont know if getting flight insurance would help if we had to delay her flight after booking it but I would really like to get everything scheduled as soon as possible so we can finally relax and breathe a sigh of relief, lol.

1 hour ago, Erik and Glydyl said:

lol, thats the whole point. I'm trying to plan her departure. Flights become more and more expensive the closer you get to the departure date so I want to get everything booked now as soon as possible. Our interview is on Jan 30th, and we want to book her flight for Mar 1st, but assuming it will take 10 days for them to mail her passport and visa back to her, that will only leave us about 14 days or so to schedule and do the cfo seminar. I dont know if getting flight insurance would help if we had to delay her flight after booking it but I would really like to get everything scheduled as soon as possible so we can finally relax and breathe a sigh of relief, lol.

Not sure about flight insurance, but most airlines let you pay extra for a flexible ticket which is strongly advised, just in case it all takes much longer (i.e. she's put in AP at interview). 

2 hours ago, Erik and Glydyl said:

You are over planning. No one can give you any guarantees. There are so many variables. She could be flagged for sputum testing in her medical which will set you back 60 days. You could get a 221g at the interview. Don't try to put the cart before the horse. Many people here have tried and lost at that game. Either buy a ticket with variable dates (which will probably be the same as what your pay for one 2-4 weeks out once she passes the interview. CFO should most likely be the least of your concerns honestly.

8 hours ago, Erik and Glydyl said:

My now wife's interview was on Jan 17th a few years back and her visa was not issued until the first week of March so don't get to far ahead of yourself because you just don't know what might happen.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.