Eddie101

December 2023 - AOS Filers

96 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, OldUser said:

I'm not sure this would happen. But keep us posted

I somewhere read they physically destroy the check when they can't use it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very late to this...Congrats to everyone who has come this far in the process. We are a unique bunch of folks aren't we! 🤩 Bet we have some very interesting stories and a lot more in common than most of us even realize. haha! That's another discussion. Really love being part of this place and reading all of the stories everyone has to share. 

AOS Timeline:

Sent: 12/30/2023 (Elgin Lockbox)
Received: 1/4/2024 (backdated to 12/29/2023)

Account Status Updates:
1/4 - Case received, est. decision in 14 months

1/6 - Biometrics appt, est. decision in 4 months
1/25 - Interview if needed, est. decision in 7 months
1/26 - Interview if needed, est. decision in 5 months
2/8 - Interview if needed, est. decision in 4 months

Key Dates:
1/6 - Account acceptance & biometrics notices sent
1/24 - Biometrics completed (1 week early)
1/25 - I-765 approval sent
2/8 - EAD combo card received

Quick question --- Is it necessary to setup the online USCIS account for minors too? I haven't done this thinking if anything needs to be done they will mail it to me...If you think I'm being silly not setting this up, please tell me.

Natures Great Events Rain GIF by BBC America

Edited by AlexMiner2022
misspelling

Timeline
15 hours ago, AlexMiner2022 said:

Very late to this...Congrats to everyone who has come this far in the process. We are a unique bunch of folks aren't we! 🤩 Bet we have some very interesting stories and a lot more in common than most of us even realize. haha! That's another discussion. Really love being part of this place and reading all of the stories everyone has to share. 

AOS Timeline:

Account Status Updates:

Key Dates:
2/8 - EAD combo card received

Quick question --- Is it necessary to setup the online USCIS account for minors too? I haven't done this thinking if anything needs to be done they will mail it to me...If you think I'm being silly not setting this up, please tell me.

Natures Great Events Rain GIF by BBC America

I kind of liked having information about upcoming approval. The estimates are still kind of buggy but I am sure they are working on improving it.

Edited by Eddie101

Timeline
6 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

I kind of liked having information about upcoming approval. The estimates are still kind of buggy but I am sure they are working on improving it.

For sure. And we just joined the fast track club with you pal. No interview needed and case approved with approval document sent. 

AOS Timeline:

Approved: 2/9/2024 

Account Status Updates:

2/9 - Case Approved, est. decision in 3 months (LOLZ)

Key Dates:
2/8 - EAD combo card received

2/9 - i485 application approved

Timeline

In case anyone is curious, the minors are both approved too. I went ahead and setup accounts for both to confirm as much. I really wish it was possible to add a child to the parents account on USCIS, but I will file my complaint with the trash bin. I don't think in our case setting up the minor accounts had any value, but your case may warrant it. If I needed info about their cases I would have set up those accounts without hesitation. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexMiner2022 said:

In case anyone is curious, the minors are both approved too. I went ahead and setup accounts for both to confirm as much. I really wish it was possible to add a child to the parents account on USCIS, but I will file my complaint with the trash bin. I don't think in our case setting up the minor accounts had any value, but your case may warrant it. If I needed info about their cases I would have set up those accounts without hesitation. 

Congratulations! Seems like a really smooth process and as soon as the GC is in the mail time to relax from immigration for a while.🙂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We went to our biometrics appointment on 2/1 and have been checking the online portal weekly since but there have been no 'case status' updates. I check our USPS informed delivery email this morning and to our surprise we have two letters coming, one from NBC and the other from Social Security Administration. I check the online portal again and in the documents tab there was a correspondence sent out on our I-765 which is our approval letter. Moral of the story here I guess is to check the documents tab even if the case status doesn't change, there may be an important update posted there and the 'case status' and 'my progress' could just be stuck. Seems like others are echoing similar complaints about the updates.

Does anyone know if we can file our taxes with this EAD card that's coming? Or do we need the SS card? How long until a SS card comes in the mail?

• 12/28     Mailed marriage-based AOS package to Dallas lockbox via USPS.
  • 12/29     USCIS received package the next day. (We're not too far from Dallas)
  • 1/4         Received text message with case numbers for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765.
  • 1/5         Both checks cashed.
  • 1/8         Received I-797 physical receipt for the I-130 today. Letter came from the NBC in Missouri.
  • 1/10       Case update online shows biometrics appt has been made. Waiting on letter.
  • 1/13       We both received online access codes in the mail.
  • 2/1         Biometrics appointment
  • 2/2         I-765 approved, EAD card being printed
  • 2/10       I-765 approval and SS card arrived
  • 2/20      EAD card arrived
  • 2/27      Received I-130 RFE for additional proof of bonefide marriage
  • 4/5        RFE response sent
  • 4/9        I-130 approved
  • 4/10      I-485 approved
  • 4/20     Green card!?

Timeline
2 hours ago, matt-miki said:

We went to our biometrics appointment on 2/1 and have been checking the online portal weekly since but there have been no 'case status' updates. I check our USPS informed delivery email this morning and to our surprise we have two letters coming, one from NBC and the other from Social Security Administration. I check the online portal again and in the documents tab there was a correspondence sent out on our I-765 which is our approval letter. Moral of the story here I guess is to check the documents tab even if the case status doesn't change, there may be an important update posted there and the 'case status' and 'my progress' could just be stuck. Seems like others are echoing similar complaints about the updates.

Does anyone know if we can file our taxes with this EAD card that's coming? Or do we need the SS card? How long until a SS card comes in the mail?

Its so nice to see its going so fast now👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I should have been more patient, but we were excited. The SS card came with today's mail, but no EAD card yet.

• 12/28     Mailed marriage-based AOS package to Dallas lockbox via USPS.
  • 12/29     USCIS received package the next day. (We're not too far from Dallas)
  • 1/4         Received text message with case numbers for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765.
  • 1/5         Both checks cashed.
  • 1/8         Received I-797 physical receipt for the I-130 today. Letter came from the NBC in Missouri.
  • 1/10       Case update online shows biometrics appt has been made. Waiting on letter.
  • 1/13       We both received online access codes in the mail.
  • 2/1         Biometrics appointment
  • 2/2         I-765 approved, EAD card being printed
  • 2/10       I-765 approval and SS card arrived
  • 2/20      EAD card arrived
  • 2/27      Received I-130 RFE for additional proof of bonefide marriage
  • 4/5        RFE response sent
  • 4/9        I-130 approved
  • 4/10      I-485 approved
  • 4/20     Green card!?

On 2/10/2024 at 6:23 AM, matt-miki said:

Moral of the story here I guess is to check the documents tab even if the case status doesn't change, there may be an important update posted there and the 'case status' and 'my progress' could just be stuck. Seems like others are echoing similar complaints about the updates.

Yes, updates are not always accurate or up to date. The same goes for processing times and estimates. And "Ask Emma" or talking to an agent sometimes results in more confusion than help - those agents make things up half of the time. E.g. people get told their interview is waived, where in fact it wasn't etc etc.

I knew my GC tracking number from USPS Informed Delivery few days before it got updated on case status page.

I'd only believe in NOAs / RFEs and what they tell you. Everything else is unreliable.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
On 2/11/2024 at 10:55 AM, OldUser said:

Yes, updates are not always accurate or up to date. The same goes for processing times and estimates. And "Ask Emma" or talking to an agent sometimes results in more confusion than help - those agents make things up half of the time. E.g. people get told their interview is waived, where in fact it wasn't etc etc.

I knew my GC tracking number from USPS Informed Delivery few days before it got updated on case status page.

I'd only believe in NOAs / RFEs and what they tell you. Everything else is unreliable.

Since yesterday I see "Card was produced". Like with the I-766 should get the USPS tracking number soon.

Timeline

GC finally in the mail, happy and relieved. Some time to relax.
Wish everyone a speedy and smooth completion of I485.👍🍀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.