Eddie101

December 2023 - AOS Filers

96 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, scholes18 said:

Possibly - is there anything in the documents tab for the 765?

Well, just the letter of approval and that that case is closed. The I-131 block is missing progress tab and no status like "actively ..."
Would be nice if its an AP as I need to travel asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, all! Good to see some familiar faces here.
Just sharing my timeline as my AOS was approved today.

Married: November 8th, 2023

Sent in AOS packet (via UPS to Elgin lockbox): December 11th, 2023

3 receipt/case #s received via text: December 15th (noting case was received Dec 12th)

3 NOA1’s received in the mail: December 22nd, 2023

Biometrics (St Louis): January 8th, 2024

I-131 Case Closed: January 20th, 2024

Combo card approval notice on account: January 21st, 2024

Combo card NOA2 received by mail: January 31st, 2024

EAD Card Produced: February 1st, 2024

AOS Approved: February 1st, 2024 (51 days after case received, 24 days after biometrics)

Wishing good luck to those waiting!

Very cool. Congratulations! 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

3 receipt/case #s received via text: December 15th (noting case was received Dec 12th)

AOS Approved: February 1st, 2024 (51 days after case received, 24 days after biometrics)

That’s great news, congratulations 😁

Timeline
9 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Congrats! So happy for you🍀 I followed your timeline and how you went through the delays👍

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AnnaDT said:

Oh wow, that’s a relief!😊
how did you find out? 

Well, the time line in the online portal had a check mark on interview and next step is deciding the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Eddie101 said:

Well, the time line in the online portal had a check mark on interview and next step is deciding the case.

I heard of people knowing from a live agent, but this is a much safer bet! Hoping for good news soon🤞🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I did receive a rejection letter around January 23rd saying I used mixed method of payment. I used credit card for EAD and check for AOS. Anyways sent again with checks, which reached there on January 26th. Hoping to hear good news soon.

By the way, for all of you getting approvals, which lockbox did you send to? I sent ours to Dallas.

15 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

I did receive a rejection letter around January 23rd saying I used mixed method of payment. I used credit card for EAD and check for AOS. Anyways sent again with checks, which reached there on January 26th. Hoping to hear good news soon.

By the way, for all of you getting approvals, which lockbox did you send to? I sent ours to Dallas.

Why did you pay for EAD?

I-765 and I-131 are free when filed together with I-485. For now.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, fellaamazing said:

the USCIS website has a website "Lockbox Filing Locations..." Not sure if I am allowed to add links here.
If you live in the state of Texas you have to send it to the lockbox in Dallas, so you are good.

40 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Why did you pay for EAD?

That changes April 1st. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie101 said:

That changes April 1st. 

That's true, this is why I said:

46 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Why did you pay for EAD?

AOS filers now do not need to include payment for EAD.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, I posted separate checks. They could have just sent me credit card authorization back first time and accept it. Now they should return my EAD check.

Out of all the stuff I read, I never read anywhere that EAD is free with AOS. And I thought I did my due diligence.

Timeline

It seems my greencard just got approved. Got the letter online.🙂

Edited by Eddie101

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.