bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Huh. Well that was over easy.

---

This is your fried brain. This is your fried brain on eggs...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She won't re-send until it's been 15 days. I tried that already. She also said something weird. She said that they cannot access my file and that if it takes more than 15 days, then I can talk to someone who will have access to my file. What is going on at the USCIS???? I don't think they know.

they keep everything secret in front of each other :(

Filed: Timeline

called NVC today and got through.. been 10 days since approval.. They said they dont have our case yet.

no surprise, but thought I would give it a shot.. I would be happy if they got it before Christmas.

She won't re-send until it's been 15 days. I tried that already. She also said something weird. She said that they cannot access my file and that if it takes more than 15 days, then I can talk to someone who will have access to my file. What is going on at the USCIS???? I don't think they know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
called NVC today and got through.. been 10 days since approval.. They said they dont have our case yet.

no surprise, but thought I would give it a shot.. I would be happy if they got it before Christmas.

Received hard copy NOA2 yesterday..... CSC put the wrong damn Consulate on it.... totally different country! I swear! Called them today they said for me to fax a letter to their "emergency number" (now that IS funny). So I did...... waiting again.

Also called NVC cuz I was freaking out that they might have already rec'd my petition and forwarded it to Ghana instead of Nigeria (What was I thinking??? lol) but anyway... they said not to worry because they don't go by the NOA2 on where to send it, they send it to the country of finace' residence..... novel idea! Thank goodness!

This process is just entirely too stressful!

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

I have to say the most human and helpful people I have dealt with during this whole process are the ones at DOS. I never actually called CSC but called NVC several times and most times just got minimal an scripted stuff off them.

---

That sounds hopeful, Weedebz, but some of us can't get that far.

T-B.

Heh... tell me about it... though looking at your timeline I have nothing to complain about... :unsure:

I sense some tension beginning to build in this topic. Here's a bunny with a pancake on his head.

1582879111_64b7873576_o.jpg

:)

Mox you are officially hired as chief entertainer and pic-finderer :D Totally random but put a smile on my face despite the lack of info on USCIS *and* the fact I have to be up in 6 hours to go to work :)

Ok, well i just got off the USCIS misinformation line with a guy who was very nice at least. He said according to his locater system, my case had transited to an adjucator on approx NOV 28th. he said once they get it they are SUPPOSED to finish with it in 30 days. he said they give them that much time since they will get 100 to 150 cases at a time. He said give it 2 more weeks. it was luck of the draw if your case was on top of the piles or on bottom.

taken with a grain of salt....

Chris

Well... it sounds like they like to take their time... but at least you know it is with someone now... Hopefully... Fingers crossed it's not that salty...

Touch today. Last one was July 31. :whistle:

Gratzies!! Let's hope it brings fantastic news for Christmas - I am sure it will!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey Jeraly....i was just wondering something. Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems you are always saying "Thanks" to people when they announce their news. I've noticed that you always write "Gratzie" when someone has good news. Doesn't it mean thank you? Maybe I'm just a moron. :P or I missed a memo somewhere..hahaha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey Jeraly....i was just wondering something. Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems you are always saying "Thanks" to people when they announce their news. I've noticed that you always write "Gratzie" when someone has good news. Doesn't it mean thank you? Maybe I'm just a moron. :P or I missed a memo somewhere..hahaha :lol:

It's bugged me for a while that I just couldn't understand what you were saying. Sorry, just curious.. :blush:

Ohhhhh!!! Wait. i get it now. Just never seen anyone say it like that.. Duh.... sorry..hehehe

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

No - I think it can mean thanks in Spanish if you spell it right but I've kind of adopted it from a Congratulations>congrats>grats>gratz>gratzies thing :D Don't ask me why - I couldn't honestly tell you... there are prolly lots of people out there thinking I am really rubbish at Spanish (they would be right) or thanking them for their NOA2, Visa approval, interview date etc :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Land sakes, Verleen... a touch, with website updated! Obviously the result of my same-day call to an ImmigOff who actually cared. The ones in Nov. & Oct. didn't, because all I got then was lies, stonewalling, excuses, and "why are you calling us when you KNOW that we don't give a #######."

Now, maybe we will see whether there's any true action or whether it goes on the bottom of someone's stack of 100-150 applications. Wouldn't it be consistent with my (our) entire experience if, after all this time, they see the need for an RFE?

The only solution is to begin drinking immediately and heavily; "anaesthesia by beer," I once heard it called. But, I don't drink, so that idea sucks.

Thought for the Day: In April, do anaesthesiologists await the arrival of the Ether Bunny? If he doesn't show up, will the Pancake Bunny? (Mox?)

T-B.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol::thumbs:

The only solution is to begin drinking immediately and heavily; "anaesthesia by beer," I once heard it called. But, I don't drink, so that idea sucks.

Thought for the Day: In April, do anaesthesiologists await the arrival of the Ether Bunny? If he doesn't show up, will the Pancake Bunny? (Mox?)

T-B.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

we got our hard copy of the NOA2 yesterday :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.