EatBulaga

I-751 ROC interview questions

7 posts in this topic

Greetings to all I-751 experts,

Our I-485 application interview was waived. What is the current situation with the I-751 ROC interviews? 

For those who had the I-485 interview waived and not doing the N-400, is the I-751 interview more likely to be scheduled or waived?

For those who had the I-485 interview and not doing the N-400, is the I-751 interview more likely to be scheduled or waived?

Are more I-751 applicants waiting for the 3- or the 5-year N-400 combo interview?

Is there a difference between the 3- or the 5-year N-400 combo interview?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think any answers you might get will be speculative. 
Both my 485 and 751 were approved without an interview. 

I did have an interview for N400 and even though my 751 had already been approved, my husband came with me and they still asked him one or two questions 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

2 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

I did have an interview for N400 and even though my 751 had already been approved, my husband came with me and they still asked him one or two questions 

N-400 cannot be approved without interview, that's 100%.

I'm curious about this also, especially people who have not applied for citizenship. I haven't seen very many posts from people who have had both 485 and 751 interviews waived unfortunately. We're in the same boat and not having to deal with an interview would obviously be ideal. 😅

asdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's almost certain that you will have an interview for either the AOS or the ROC. Since you didn't have one for AOS you're very likely to have one for ROC instead. Only in rare cases both interviews are waived, so don't count on that happening. 

The interviews are super easy and nothing to worry about. I always loved the interviews when I went through the process, it was fun and very interesting. I would've easily had an interview at every step if I could choose. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Interview is easy if you have a bonafide marriage, it's basically telling them about your day to day life.

As others have said if you didn't get an interview at 485 stage then you'll almost certainly get one for ROC

On 11/24/2023 at 1:46 PM, Rocio0010 said:

Both my 485 and 751 were approved without an interview. 

I think you are one of the rare ones to have both interviews waived?

21 hours ago, OldUser said:

N-400 cannot be approved without interview, that's 100%.

Yes, the question is to do the 3- or 5-year combo interview? If both are equivalent, then might as well do the 3-year interview?

7 hours ago, Scandi said:

The interviews are super easy and nothing to worry about. I always loved the interviews when I went through the process, it was fun and very interesting. I would've easily had an interview at every step if I could choose. 

2 hours ago, Sweetdreaming said:

Interview is easy if you have a bonafide marriage, it's basically telling them about your day to day life.

As others have said if you didn't get an interview at 485 stage then you'll almost certainly get one for ROC

Even for bona fide marriages, preparing for the interviews still takes time. Then, there is still the risk of saying something questionable during the interview or having the second-guessing interviewer?

13 hours ago, ghostinthemachine said:

I'm curious about this also, especially people who have not applied for citizenship. I haven't seen very many posts from people who have had both 485 and 751 interviews waived unfortunately. We're in the same boat and not having to deal with an interview would obviously be ideal. 😅

This is why we are preparing for the interview process now by listing the evidences that both of us have to remember so we can be consistent. Even in marriages between 2 US citizens, one can easily forget special dates, etc.

Edited by EatBulaga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.