S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

138 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, skk12345 said:

Hello again, all!

My combo card approval notice was on 1/7/24.

Called USCIS today- they said card is being produced, but gave no further details regarding timeline. 

USPS informed consent also shows no updates. 

In general, how long did it take everyone to physically receive the EAD-AP card?  

I may be potentially be able to start working on Feb 1 if I get it within the next week or so. 

In the same situation as you. Combo card was approved last week according to the Documents tab but timeline still hasn’t updated and I have no idea about shipping. I haven’t contacted USCIS about it but we did end up receiving an updated SSN card over the weekend… which doesn’t help really since we need the EAD and AP to arrive.

@arbk can you please explain what an updated SSN card is that you received in the mail?  When I entered the US on my K1 visa, I got a SSN before we got married within a week of arrival. Now that EAD,AP has been approved, I was under the impression that I would have to go to the SSN office and get things updated? Should I be expecting a new card in the mail instead?

5 hours ago, skk12345 said:

@arbk can you please explain what an updated SSN card is that you received in the mail?  When I entered the US on my K1 visa, I got a SSN before we got married within a week of arrival. Now that EAD,AP has been approved, I was under the impression that I would have to go to the SSN office and get things updated? Should I be expecting a new card in the mail instead?

In our case we got our combo approved last week. The letter came in the mail today about the approval. There was also a second letter today with our social security card. Though we never asked for one before. That number is unique to a person for life. So you should not be getting any second social security card with a completely different number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, skk12345 said:

Hello again, all!

My combo card approval notice was on 1/7/24.

Called USCIS today- they said card is being produced, but gave no further details regarding timeline. 

USPS informed consent also shows no updates. 

In general, how long did it take everyone to physically receive the EAD-AP card?  

I may be potentially be able to start working on Feb 1 if I get it within the next week or so. 

We didn’t get a combo card but we received my spouse’s EAD four days after our case status changed to “card is being produced.” That included Christmas Day in between. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 1/5/2024 at 5:42 PM, JH & EB said:

Thanks! Yes, same re: insurance. Annoying that we have to pay "new driver" rate for a year but it is what it is I suppose. 

Ironically, we got EAD "card is being produced" the day after passing the DL test / getting the temp DL. The EAD card arrived a day before the plastic DL. If we'd had the road test appointment literally one day later, we could have skipped the AB60 and waited a week for the EAD to arrive, to apply for REAL ID DL instead. But, we all know there was no way to know EAD would come that fast. This process works in the oddest ways sometimes. So, back the to the DMV we go to replace the AB60 with a ReadlD DL lol. 

Adding an update as promised, for California folks. Once my spouse received his EAD / I-766 card, we went back through the DMV to apply for his RealID DL. It was easy since he’d already passed the written and road tests for DL. He completed the RealID application online through CA DMV. I made an appt for a local dmv office. His EAD served as his form of required ID. We took in 4 forms of residency proof but, as expected, they only took the first two we offered, and without question (they give you a lot of options for residency proof when you use the realID tool on their website). For us, it was his ssn card with the address still attached and his I-765 approval letter. (We also took proof of his health insurance under our family policy,  a copy of my energy bill under my name + our marriage certificate…but they didn’t need these after we gave the first two aforementioned docs). 
He should receive his “realID enforced” new DL within about 2 weeks. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, skk12345 said:

Yes, we did the same as you and got a SSN before getting married. I checked yes on the boxes asking if I’d like an updated card on the EAD-AP applications. I’m guessing the new card is related to the combo card being approved? The issued date on the new SSN card is the same day the document was uploaded on the USCIS website for the combo card approval.

Timeline

Got the physical letter for the combo card approval in the mail now 11 days after the document was uploaded to the USCIS. However, there is still no update on either the EAD or AP applications being marked as completed or something. Still no USPS tracking number or anything either.. Wonder what the hold up is!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, skk12345 said:

Edit to above post- Card produced notification. 

how long does it take after "card produced" status change for ppl to receive the card ? I don't see any notification USPS informed delivery either. 

My wife was approved on January 4th, card produced on the 13th and arrived by USPS on the 20th. So it took 16 days from initial approval shown under documents.

Timeline
6 hours ago, skk12345 said:

Edit to above post- Card produced notification. 

how long does it take after "card produced" status change for ppl to receive the card ? I don't see any notification USPS informed delivery either. 

Same boat as you… Card was produced update a few days ago but no USPS tracking number or anything.

3 minutes ago, arbk said:

Update: the combo card came in our mailbox this afternoon. No tracking number ever came though!

Yep, glitches with USCIS. Make sure to have USPS Informed Delivery enabled. Also, if you can, keep the same address until GC in hand. 

Edited by OldUser

Hi all!

Update- got my EAD/AP combo card in the mail on 1/25.

On 1/26 morning- USCIS status updated to i-485 being approved! 

Quick question: If I wanted to travel while awaiting green card delivery (I expect this won't be for a week or two), would I be allowed to re-enter the country with AP/EAD card despite i485 being approved (but no card in hand)?

Thanks for all the support and wishing everyone a speedy approval!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.