S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Completed biometrics today so both I-485 and I-765 had their cases updated to “actively being reviewed.” A next day EAD card being produced update would be nice like some of you have gotten especially with Dec 15 marking 2 years since we submitted the K-1 visa application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 minutes ago, arbk said:

Completed biometrics today so both I-485 and I-765 had their cases updated to “actively being reviewed.” A next day EAD card being produced update would be nice like some of you have gotten especially with Dec 15 marking 2 years since we submitted the K-1 visa application.

That would be nice 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 12/10/2023 at 7:28 AM, S I A N said:

To add onto what you said, calling the DMV is pointless as hell. Lines always busy and you rarely get through to anyone regarding the AB-60. What sped things up was me doing the online chat with DMV. They ask for the DL application number and a phone number, then they call you instead. Received paperwork in the mail stating to bring that to the DMV office to receive the printed permit, then you’re told to wait 24hrs after holding the permit to be able to schedule the behind-the-wheel exam. Again, this is CALIFORNIA processing only.

Yeah we had a different experience, after a long convo / go around with the worker at our first DMV appt who eventually said “I stand corrected” after I politely showed him proof x2 that we were in fact eligible for AB60 without secondary verification, which convinced him to go double check with a supervisor (he said it must have changed recently - who knows, he was super friendly though even when we were going back and forth). 

We were then able to apply for ab60 DL without the secondary verification (ie, didn’t have to do the extra verification via phone etc).
Husband had road test today, passed (only has 35+ yrs driving experience lol) and they gave him the approved interim paper DL and they said 1-2 weeks until he’ll get the plastic DL in the mail. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, JH & EB said:

Yeah we had a different experience, after a long convo / go around with the worker at our first DMV appt who eventually said “I stand corrected” after I politely showed him proof x2 that we were in fact eligible for AB60 without secondary verification, which convinced him to go double check with a supervisor (he said it must have changed recently - who knows, he was super friendly though even when we were going back and forth). 

We were then able to apply for ab60 DL without the secondary verification (ie, didn’t have to do the extra verification via phone etc).
Husband had road test today, passed (only has 35+ yrs driving experience lol) and they gave him the approved interim paper DL and they said 1-2 weeks until he’ll get the plastic DL in the mail. 

Yayyyy!!! Congratulations!!! That’s awesome. That reminds me, I need to add my husband onto my car insurance with his id now that it has come.

Timeline
On 12/6/2023 at 8:13 AM, S I A N said:

I485+I765 mailed 11/4 via FedEx 2Day Air

NOA1 - 11/6

Biometrics scheduled 11/10

USCIS Online Access Code received 11/18

Biometrics Appt 11/27

Status changed to Actively Reviewed 11/28

Estimated Decision on I485 - 4 months

Estimated Decision on I765 - 2 weeks

I765 APPROVED - 11/29

Card Produced - 12/6

UPDATE: RFE for I485 12/19

Letter received 12/21

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rocketman50 said:

Is the RFE related to answering Part 8, questions 61-68?

No. I answered no to 61 so 62-68 didn’t need to be answered.

the RFE was for I-693 vaccine worksheet. Have to go to Civil Surgeon to update vaccine worksheet with vaccines he has taken since being here because not all vaccines were available in his country according the the DS-3025 vaccine worksheet he received after doing his medicals for K-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Timeline so far:

11/07/2023 - Sent to USCIS (I-485, I-765, I-131 concurrently)

11/10/2023 - NOA1 (ALL)

11/24/2023 - RFE (I-485 - needed joint sponsor)

12/10/2023 - Sent RFE Response

12/18/2023 - Biometrics Appointment (I-485 and I-765) [initial date was 01/05/2024 but I'll be out of town so rescheduled to 18th]

12/18/2023 - Status changed to Being Actively Reviewed (I-485 and I-765)

12/20/2023 - I-765 Approval Notice

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Aren said:

Hello everyone,

Timeline so far:

11/10/2023 - NOA1 (ALL)

12/18/2023 - Biometrics Appointment (I-485 and I-765) [initial date was 01/05/2024 but I'll be out of town so rescheduled to 18th]

Congratulations!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Aren said:

Hello everyone,

Timeline so far:

11/10/2023 - NOA1 (ALL)

Congrats! Seems like more proof that people who decide to do their biometrics earlier than the scheduled date get their EAD processed faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just got back from my biometrics (visited as scheduled). myProgress now estimates 1 week for the I-765. The next couple of days should be exciting.

Timeline
Just now, soda_consumer said:

Just got back from my biometrics (visited as scheduled). myProgress now estimates 1 week for the I-765. The next couple of days should be exciting.

Going to start the New Year on a sweet note!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

As an update, myProgress estimates the day after biometrics:

I-485: 3 months

I-765: 3 weeks

I-131: 3 months

I knew 1 week was too good to be true, but taking these estimates with a grain of salt in general lol

Edited by soda_consumer

Timeline
22 hours ago, soda_consumer said:

As an update, myProgress estimates the day after biometrics:

I-485: 3 months

I-765: 3 weeks

I-131: 3 months

I knew 1 week was too good to be true, but taking these estimates with a grain of salt in general lol

They will change all the time. At least mine have been doing so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.