JessAtallah

Biometric meeting for greencard for a IR5 visa holder

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello, we got a letter today saying that my mother-in-law has a biometrics appointment for her greencard next week. We already have gotten her social security card. I didn't see anyone else online who had to do this, they said the greencard was just mailed to them. Has anyone else had to do this? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Biometrics in US for IR5?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

She is in the US already and has been for a month she came on the IR5 visa. We applied for her greencard while she was in Lebanon, but she just got a biometrics appointment for next week for her greencard. I didn't think she would need a biometrics I thought her greencard would just be mailed to her. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, JessAtallah said:

She is in the US already and has been for a month she came on the IR5 visa. We applied for her greencard while she was in Lebanon, but she just got a biometrics appointment for next week for her greencard. I didn't think she would need a biometrics I thought her greencard would just be mailed to her. 

Sounds like there is a problem with the on file biometrics.. in particular the fingerprint.. sometimes they are not good enough quality .. she should attend as instructed. I faced the same issue   I guess i just wore down my fingers print ridges over time ! 

Timeline

Thank you for responding! We are going to attend the appointment! I was just afraid something was wrong. I hope it is something simple such as new fingerprints. Did it take you a while to get your greencard after your biometrics?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, JessAtallah said:

Thank you for responding! We are going to attend the appointment! I was just afraid something was wrong. I hope it is something simple such as new fingerprints. Did it take you a while to get your greencard after your biometrics?

A few weeks once they were taken.   7 months before they stopped trying to print the GC using the old prints. 😵‍💫

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.