Y and M

K1 Visa- I-134 financial support

9 posts in this topic

I’m super stressed. My fiancée and I were never requested to do the I-134 at all. In other words we cruised right through the process; did the DS-160 and got to scheduling our biometric interview and consular interview (Nov 8th). Should I still fill out the form and take it with me to the appointment?? I have not seen or heard of anyone not being asked for the I-134.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well I did not, self sponsored.

But absolutely take it with you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Y and M said:

I’m super stressed. My fiancée and I were never requested to do the I-134 at all. In other words we cruised right through the process; did the DS-160 and got to scheduling our biometric interview and consular interview (Nov 8th). Should I still fill out the form and take it with me to the appointment?? I have not seen or heard of anyone not being asked for the I-134.

Which consulate?  I have not heard of any that do not ask for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Y and M said:

You are not asked to submit I-134. Generally Consulate expects to see it during interview. Beneficiary doesn't submit it, but bring it with them to the interview as proof they are not likely to become "public charge" 
What exactly is an issue with your USC fiance providing you with one?

4 hours ago, SneakyPete said:

You are not asked to submit I-134. Generally Consulate expects to see it during interview. Beneficiary doesn't submit it, but bring it with them to the interview as proof they are not likely to become "public charge" 
What exactly is an issue with your USC fiance providing you with one?

That makes sense. I was just confused because after we booked the consulate appointment the instructions they sent said to complete the I-864 which I found weird because K1 visas normally request the I-134 and not I-864. Most likely just an error on the consulates part. But I will fill out the I-134 and just take that along with W-2s and job letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Correct, no I-864 is needed for K-1 at consulate stage. For I-134 I would suggestion petitioner goes to IRS.gov and gets free "Tax Return" transcript for most recent tax year (2022 as of right now) 

On 10/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, Y and M said:

What consulate?  The i134 is typically hand carried and present at the interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.