C1322

Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered After I751 waiver interview

11 posts in this topic

Hi, Visa journey Members.

Had my interview today. Waited about 2 hours before I was called in. Once in the room, It only lasted about 10 min. 

The officer just asked me basic questions, changed the application to a waiver, and took copies of my documentation (I.e. ID, Green Card, Passport, Extension Letter and Divorce decree).

At the end, the officer just informed that the interview was over (in her own words, ''short and sweet''), and the decision will be mailed.

When I left, the status changed to ''Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered'' (What does this even mean?). 

Any thoughts? 

Chax

2 hours ago, Chax1322 said:

Had my interview today. Waited about 2 hours before I was called in. Once in the room, It only lasted about 10 min. 

The officer just asked me basic questions, changed the application to a waiver, and took copies of my documentation (I.e. ID, Green Card, Passport, Extension Letter and Divorce decree).

At the end, the officer just informed that the interview was over (in her own words, ''short and sweet''), and the decision will be mailed.

When I left, the status changed to ''Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered'' (What does this even mean?). 

Any thoughts? 

Sounds like the interview went well, and the status message was in error.  USCIS does that from time to time.  It could change tomorrow.

Best luck.

10 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Sounds like the interview went well, and the status message was in error.  USCIS does that from time to time.  It could change tomorrow.

Best luck.

In your experience, can interviews be this casual for regular and waiver cases? 

Chax

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Chax1322 said:

In your experience, can interviews be this casual for regular and waiver cases? 

Yes,  ours was for the one when they intended to issue visa

The packet and documents have been seen and reviewed 

5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I didn't quite get that. Can you please elaborate? 

Also, my interview was under waiver terms. 

Chax

20 hours ago, Chax1322 said:

Any thoughts? 

As was mentioned, give it a little time and the status should hopefully update to something more accurate. Not much else you can do in the meantime other than be patient and optimistic.

6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

This was not a visa interview.

On 10/17/2023 at 11:25 PM, SalishSea said:

Best luck.

8 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

As was mentioned, give it a little time and the status should hopefully update to something more accurate. Not much else you can do in the meantime other than be patient and optimistic.

Casa approved folks.  

Chax

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 hours ago, Chax1322 said:

I didn't quite get that. Can you please elaborate? 

Also, my interview was under waiver terms. 

we had 3 different petitions 

a lot of questions for the 2 that were denied

for the approved final one the man only asked 3 questions

Interview was quick and visa was issued within a week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.