mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

467 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Great news today 3/6/24, Case Approved! application to adjust status I-485. This was two days after they received the RFE for sending evidence of a shared marital life. So my assumptions were correct that the RFE was a way to bypass the interview.

Timeline

By the way, I wanted to add a few data points for the sake of, well an AOS case data point.

1. When we filed AOS I used 2022 income which was $29k, thought that might be an issue, it wasn't.

2. We answered NO to the public charge question because as far as we understood, that is a correct answer. We never got an RFE for it, and did not upload unsolicited evidence.

3. The RFEs that was received, or that anyone receives for that matter have clear and consice instructions. It also explicitly states that the sooner the response is received, the sooner they will begin processing your case again. We did not stop each time to ask Emma or connect with a live agent to question the RFE that has clear instructions. We just did what they asked.

4. We were given the option for document uploads on the USCIS account, but chose not to due to the fact that the number of uploads is limited and you have to resort to using the unsolicited document upload option for uploading more. We sent it via USPS priority with tracking every time like we have done from the beginning.

5. Not much of a data point but the wife and I would like to suggest to a lot of you. Patience matters, it's important, it's what keeps you sane. The important thing is that you are together now, there is no more distance, just be happy and live in the moment while the processing of your case moves along. Don't go running to Emma every week asking why your case that usually has an 8 month processing time is not getting processed in 3 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/5/2024 at 2:23 PM, vldrnxrz said:

It's frustrating and eating me alive!! I thought waiting for the I-129F to get approved was stressful... this is just as stressful! I keep checking the USCIS site every day for updates and nothing ever updates on there. It bounces around from 4 months... to 2 weeks... to 2 months... to 3 weeks... to 4 months again. It's extremely frustrating! 

You said you reached out to USCIS, did you contact them via phone, email, in person at an office? 

Many (including us) found the myProgress to be horribly misleading ... if you have the account, monitor the documents folder ... that will change often even faster then the main status page does

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi everyone, congratulations to those who have been approved and got there GC.

Was wondering if anyone else has received 'case is being actively reviewed' three times like i have.

I sent an RFE in October 2023 and was received and i guess it was fine as it then changed to 'actively reviewing'.

I then got an 'actively reviewing' in January a long with the infamous unreliable' MyProgress' tab telling me 2 weeks then 2 months and at one point it was 1 week lol

So i recently got another 'actively reviewing' update this morning but before that it said they sent me an RFE but I havent received any RFE on the Docs tab or even by post which makes me think maybe it was a mistake and theyre' actively reviewing' it.

Just want to know if it has happened to anyone or if anyone has information about the weird anomaly..

Totally sick of this process and regretting the K1 visa everyday, CR1 was always the better option but no use crying over spilled  milk...

Any help would be appreciated. I attached a screenshot showing what it looks like.

They got the dates wrong, which is no surprise because they seem to get a lot of things wrong. Apparently March 9th is after September. It should be October 7th.

image.thumb.png.115b84122c4d77d974af37a3b62a2cfe.png

1 hour ago, OsmanMCFC said:

hi everyone, congratulations to those who have been approved and got there GC.

Was wondering if anyone else has received 'case is being actively reviewed' three times like i have.

I sent an RFE in October 2023 and was received and i guess it was fine as it then changed to 'actively reviewing'.

I then got an 'actively reviewing' in January a long with the infamous unreliable' MyProgress' tab telling me 2 weeks then 2 months and at one point it was 1 week lol

So i recently got another 'actively reviewing' update this morning but before that it said they sent me an RFE but I havent received any RFE on the Docs tab or even by post which makes me think maybe it was a mistake and theyre' actively reviewing' it.

Just want to know if it has happened to anyone or if anyone has information about the weird anomaly..

Totally sick of this process and regretting the K1 visa everyday, CR1 was always the better option but no use crying over spilled  milk...

Any help would be appreciated. I attached a screenshot showing what it looks like.

They got the dates wrong, which is no surprise because they seem to get a lot of things wrong. Apparently March 9th is after September. It should be October 7th.

image.thumb.png.115b84122c4d77d974af37a3b62a2cfe.png

Way more updates than we have gotten! I think we have maybe three line items on ours. 😩

But, considering the other items in your activity it seems to line up that you would get so many actively reviewing updates. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, eatplaysleep said:

Way more updates than we have gotten! I think we have maybe three line items on ours. 😩

But, considering the other items in your activity it seems to line up that you would get so many actively reviewing updates. 

Who knows, Maybe less is good lol....

Probably, but who knows why they keep reviewing, they can't even get the dates in order.

Guess its another waiting game.

Bets of luck on your case. hope you get something soon too

Timeline

Just a quick update on mine,

I got an RFE about that whole public charge inadmissbaility answer...

I answered 'no' instead of 'yes'.

AM i allowed to upload the evidence onto the online portal as an RFE or will I have to post it out ?

I have seen people upload and others post it so just confused around that area.

Timeline
2 hours ago, OsmanMCFC said:

Just a quick update on mine,

I got an RFE about that whole public charge inadmissbaility answer...

I answered 'no' instead of 'yes'.

AM i allowed to upload the evidence onto the online portal as an RFE or will I have to post it out ?

I have seen people upload and others post it so just confused around that area.

**Read the RFE letter** it will say on there that you can upload it on your online account. If it does not say that, then mail it.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

**Read the RFE letter** it will say on there that you can upload it on your online account. If it does not say that, then mail it.

I READ the letter but it is confusing it mentioned i need to complete the whole i485 pack again, and initial the changes, signed with date.

I uploaded it online with changes and sent it off with priority.

better safe than sorry when dealing with these people..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/3/2024 at 7:33 AM, mw & rg k1 said:

Emma re-emerges ....

The phone answering assistant at Experian is seeming to be using the same underlying "keep them away" technology as Emma.

Went through the phone system and ran into "I can only transfer people under certain circumstances ... if you want to use the automated system, press 1. To end this call press 2."

Ugh ... thought I was done with that kind of silly at least for a while.
(unfortunately, something is off with my ladies SSN and can't do a number of basic things like signing up a credit Karma account or even one with any of the agencies)

Hello!

I was wondering if you were able to solve the problem with your wife’s SSN and the credit agencies? Seems like my husband is having the same issue. I could add him to my bank account and also to my credit card but he can’t even sign up for an online account and I can’t make him an account manager. Every time I enter his SSN is says “invalid”. Not sure how I can resolve the issue. Any information and help from you will be greatly appreciated. 

Timeline
On 3/13/2024 at 4:52 PM, Kristina582 said:

Hello!

I was wondering if you were able to solve the problem with your wife’s SSN and the credit agencies? Seems like my husband is having the same issue. I could add him to my bank account and also to my credit card but he can’t even sign up for an online account and I can’t make him an account manager. Every time I enter his SSN is says “invalid”. Not sure how I can resolve the issue. Any information and help from you will be greatly appreciated. 

We never got login.gov to work for mySSN account ... we did use ID.me (the other way) and had to video verify but she did get into her account eventually.

The major problem is a lack of credit history.  Sign them up for a secured credit card through your bank, add them as authorized users and eventually it should get easier

Timeline

We did file a written dispute with each of the agencies that eventually allowed us to login to experian, transequity, and equifax but that is all that did.

Never got CreditKarma to work or anyone that uses experian challenge questions (yet)

Timeline

On a next step note, we just returned from Brazil (first use of the GC) and did the global entry interview ...

Took ~2 mo for the conditional approval and the final approval happened during the interview (even the officer seemed to think that was fast)

Screenshot_20240319_075601_WhatsApp.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/12/2024 at 1:48 PM, ThailandR said:

The completed I-693 Medical as requested by the RFE we were sent 2 weeks ago was received last Friday at USCIS. Yesterday the case status showed this update:

February 11, 2024

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On February 11, 2024, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number IOE09229......

USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Response received on Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 8:12 a.m. PST. We will review the evidence.

I will keep you folks updated as things progress.  Hopefully no more RFE's as this was the second one we had received since filing gor the AOS on October 31st.

No movement on my wife's GC AOS. Last update was as above, nothing new in the system... still says 4 months to next step.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I don't even know what to do anymore, I feel like our case has been left on the back burner AGAIN!

It's been 69 days since our case status has been updated saying

"Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken" 1/10/24

Is there anything we can do to get things moving? I feel like we should have heard something by now. My husband not being able to work is kiiling me financially we are just barely getting by with my income. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.