mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

471 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

I-485 Approved Today.

Still no I-761 or I-131 (work or travel permission) ... but at least the Green will be on its way

Congratulations!!! Your patience paid off! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Kristina582 said:

Congratulations!!! Your patience paid off! 

Weird that Green Card came first .... Think I have to thank @grumpypiggy extra for the idea of fixing that "Subject to Inadmissibility" question that most of us got wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

I-485 Approved Today.

Still no I-761 or I-131 (work or travel permission) ... but at least the Green will be on its way

The I-765 and I-131 is irrelevant now that your green card is approved. It allows you to travel and work. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Timeline

Question for @grumpypiggy, @serret, or anyone that has already gotten the approval.
I see on Case Tracker that there is "Card is being produced" and "Card is being delivered by Post Office"

Let us know (or if you know already), is there a doc added to Case Status (online account) with the tracking No?
Don't think I can use just the  approval letter to "fix the SSN name" etc.
Also kind of curious to see how long it takes to get card in hand. Have heard everything from 5-60+ days)

Thanks for your continued support in this group

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Question for @grumpypiggy, @serret, or anyone that has already gotten the approval.
I see on Case Tracker that there is "Card is being produced" and "Card is being delivered by Post Office"

Let us know (or if you know already), is there a doc added to Case Status (online account) with the tracking No?
Don't think I can use just the  approval letter to "fix the SSN name" etc.
Also kind of curious to see how long it takes to get card in hand. Have heard everything from 5-60+ days)

Thanks for your continued support in this group

I don’t think there will be tracking number shown in online account, but you could ask Emma to get it (i will do that next Monday).

My research regarding time would be case status updates to “card is being delivered by post office” in 7-8 days after case was approved.

Will let y’all know when i get the card. Also hope everyone else speeding approval before New Year!!

Edited by grumpypiggy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/15/2023 at 6:35 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

I-485 Approved Today.

It's promising to see how you guys got your GC relatively quickly! We are December filers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/15/2023 at 8:42 PM, ThailandR said:

EAD in myprogress has gone back to 4 weeks as of this morning.  RFE package was received last week according to the tracking on USPS for the I-864. However, under the myprogress tab does not show it was received, still waiting..... looks like my wife will be waiting along time....

Congratulations to those who have been successful so far.

Its absolute rubbish don't believe anything the 'myProgress' tells you.

My EAD 'Myprogress' changed to 2 months this morning but guess what..........

It was approved and I should be receiving it this week!

Hoping the i-485 gets approval too and very soon at that.

Keep your head up. and don't go off the progress just keep checking the 'Documents' section and you will find your 'standalone approval' sooner than you think !

All the best !

Timeline
21 hours ago, OsmanMCFC said:

Its absolute rubbish don't believe anything the 'myProgress' tells you.

My EAD 'Myprogress' changed to 2 months this morning but guess what..........

It was approved and I should be receiving it this week!

Hoping the i-485 gets approval too and very soon at that.

Keep your head up. and don't go off the progress just keep checking the 'Documents' section and you will find your 'standalone approval' sooner than you think !

All the best !

Totally agreed ..... 
Our EAD went into "taking longer than expected"  ... twice ...
Then AOS actually got approved ...

Funny thing is "myProgress" under AOS says it will still be a few weeks even though all other pages say it is already done (including having the approval letter in docs)

They really should just delete that since it is so inaccurate and generally useless.

Timeline
On 12/17/2023 at 2:26 AM, Eddie101 said:

It's promising to see how you guys got your GC relatively quickly! We are December filers.

Eddie, In our case (in learning from @grumpypiggy), if you answered page 13, part 8 question 61 incorrectly (Should be "Yes")
you might want to make an adjustment.

We changed our 61-68 answers in that section, attached a cover letter and uploaded is as "Other Docs" to the online account.

If you answered it correctly (should be "Yes") then wishing you best of luck for a rapid completion

17 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Eddie, In our case (in learning from @grumpypiggy), if you answered page 13, part 8 question 61 incorrectly (Should be "Yes")

We changed our 61-68 answers in that section, attached a cover letter and uploaded is as "Other Docs" to the online account.

If you answered it correctly (should be "Yes") then wishing you best of luck for a rapid completion

Interesting. Do you think that had anything to do with the fast turnaround time? In other words, does getting an early RFIE (or in your case, correcting a submission that would've otherwise resulted in an RFIE) effectively bump you toward the front of the line? 

33 minutes ago, scholes18 said:

Interesting. Do you think that had anything to do with the fast turnaround time? In other words, does getting an early RFIE (or in your case, correcting a submission that would've otherwise resulted in an RFIE) effectively bump you toward the front of the line? 

I had an early RFIE too, 10 days after NOA1, but it was for the I-864 (we had forgotten to send tax documents). I’m not sure if having an early RFIE is an indicator for fast processing. Instead, we might have received an early RFIE because our field offices process AOS quicker. It also seems to me that most of K1 AOS filers get processed quicker these days, compared to people adjusting from F1, J1 etc.

My I-485 still says “approved.” I just received in the mail my updated SSN card with my married surname. I thought I had to go to SSA on my own to update my name once I receive GC on hand. Glad that I won’t have to do that anymore. Prolly because I had checked “yes” for question 16 “do you want the SSA to issue you a social security card?”

Edited by serret

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Totally agreed ..... 
Our EAD went into "taking longer than expected"  ... twice ...
Then AOS actually got approved ...

Funny thing is "myProgress" under AOS says it will still be a few weeks even though all other pages say it is already done (including having the approval letter in docs)

They really should just delete that since it is so inaccurate and generally useless.

Congratulations my man !

I hope mine gets approved soon too !

Timeline
7 hours ago, scholes18 said:

6 hours ago, serret said:

I had an early RFIE too, 10 days after NOA1, but it was for the I-864 (we had forgotten to send tax documents). I’m not sure if having an early RFIE is an indicator for fast processing. Instead, we might have received an early RFIE because our field offices process AOS quicker. It also seems to me that most of K1 AOS filers get processed quicker these days, compared to people adjusting from F1, J1 etc.

My I-485 still says “approved.” I just received in the mail my updated SSN card with my married surname. I thought I had to go to SSA on my own to update my name once I receive GC on hand. Glad that I won’t have to do that anymore. Prolly because I had checked “yes” for question 16 “do you want the SSA to issue you a social security card?”

@scholes18, I agree with @serret,  I also actually had an RFIE for I-864 "missing information" which I know was in the original packet. I would not assume that anything being sent to USCIS does anything that bumps you forward ...

Actually, in I-129F days, the wisdom was "don't" ... there were tons of cases where a "Expedite Request" was not only denied but actually resulted in an extension of time.

Try to stay patient ... I know I am not the best at this either and we can all just hope to move forward.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Hello mw & rg,

well, we did that mistake. It was sent when I saw your's and grumpypiggy's discussion about it. This seems to be a common pitfall.

How did you actually send the fix?
I read you did it online. We haven't received an Online Access Number yet.
Did you send the complete I-485 paperwork with a cover letter or just page 13 with a cover letter?
Cover letter probably said you saw this problem and wanna fix it with this?

Thanks for any help!

So happy you guys here had a fast processing and now with the CR-1 time to relief for a bit until IR-1.

Edited by Eddie101

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.