Oreo96

Documents required from Bosnia and Herzegovina Help [merged threads]

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/9/2022 at 5:40 AM, Greencardchicago said:

I am from the Balkan, they do require 2 police documents (criminal and penal background). That's what I got and We'll see, I am still waiting for an update. 

Hello, 

We just got an update for one of our documents that it was rejected, I was wondering if you know the specific name for the document that we need to obtain. It says for Bosnia "Both the Policijsko Uvjerenje o nekaznjavanju and Opstinski Sud are required for immigrant visa purposes.", we submitted the 

Police Certificate "Policijsko Uvjerenje o nekaznjavanju" issued by the Ministry of Interior and that was accepted, but the other document that we also submitted under Police Certificate from the Minicipal Court (Opstinski Sud) was rejected. So I was wondering what second document you uploaded from the court if you know the name for it in Bosnian? Because apparently we did not receive the correct document from the Minicipal Court. 

Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 10.26.15 AM.png

Timeline

Hello,

My husband (beneficiary) went to University abroad in Bosnia and Herzegovina, so he was temporarily living there for some time. He had to obtain 2 Police Certificates, the one from the Ministry of Interior got accepted, but the other one from the Municipal Court (Opcinski Sud) got rejected. So I was wondering if there is anyone else that had to submit documents from Bosnia and Herzegovina and if you could give me the name of that second document that we need to obtain because it only says "Both the Policijsko Uvjerenje o nekaznjavanju and Opstinski Sud are required for immigrant visa purposes.". What is the name of the document required by the Municipal Court (Opcinski Sud)? And did you upload that second one under "Police Certificate" on the CEAC website?

This is what it says is required from Bosnia and Herzegovina, they do not give the name for the document from the Municipal Court:

Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 11.03.21 AM.png

Looks like you have everything necessary - I'd enclose the copy of the requirements (like you did here) and email NVC to re-check and process. They could have a new person dealing with an NVC process. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• Chancy changed the title to Documents required from Bosnia and Herzegovina Help [merged threads]

*** Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to the Europe & Eurasia regional forum ***

*** Post split off from an old thread in another sub-forum and merged into this one.  Please post questions about your situation in this thread. ***

Timeline
5 hours ago, milimelo said:

Looks like you have everything necessary - I'd enclose the copy of the requirements (like you did here) and email NVC to re-check and process. They could have a new person dealing with an NVC process. 

Hello, thank you for replying to my question. I did send an inquiry, they replied back to me with "The document you previously submitted is illegible or unacceptable per reciprocity. Please resubmit so NVC can review your case." And they said that "if you cannot submit a required document, you must send a detailed explanation through CEAC." My husband, the principle immigrant, does not reside in Bosnia currently, he only temporarily resided there during the time he went to University there. Is it possible that he does not need to provide that document that they are asking for because we asked the court and they said that the one they gave us is the only document he is allowed to get, since he is not a resident there anymore.

Edited by Oreo96

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.