Stook

Visa approved!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee and her son just got their K1 and K2 approved. Finally the wait is over.

No RFEs, no Admistrative Processing.

If you have any questions about the process a-la Thailand, feel free to ask.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You must feel on top of the world, and for great reason!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratz man. How long did everything take for you. How long after NOA1 did it take you to submit your second step, and then when was your interview? Any advice for the rest of us on what to do to cut down the times that we can control?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Looking at your timeline. About 14 months for I-129F. Did it really take 4 months from your NOA3 until the Consulate received your case? Then three more months to get interview? That seems higher than a lot of other people. Any clue why?

1 hour ago, RiskVsReward said:

Congratz man. How long did everything take for you. How long after NOA1 did it take you to submit your second step, and then when was your interview? Any advice for the rest of us on what to do to cut down the times that we can control?

K1 timelines and procedures are not comparable to IR/CR visas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The dates on our timeline are accurate. There was nothing to submit to get from NOA1 to Consulate Received. We went thru K1 process. IR1/CR1 process might be different in that regard.

To save time, make sure to include accurate and complete  information on all forms, and include supporting documentation where requested. If it asks for an Original, don't only send a copy...unless it's a CERTIFIED official copy.

Your lady will need a "Single status" document from her registered birth town. If she doesn't already have it, she will need to travel to her hometown to get it. Same for vaccination records, most-likely.

Get all Thai-language documents translated early. Make photocopies of the original and the translated version.  Bring all 4 to the interview. Documents can be translated by ANYONE competent and fluent in both languages, as long as they write/print/stamp something to the affect of "I ____ can fluently read/write/understand both English and Thai. I certify that this translation is factual and accurate".  Date and signature from translator.   (If your lady lives near pattaya/jomtien, i can find out who our translations were done by).

I'm in Washington too! Maybe well need to meet up for a Singh and some Pad Kra Pao.

Sure thing. 

Looking at your timeline. About 14 months for I-129F. Did it really take 4 months from your NOA3 until the Consulate received your case? Then three more months to get interview? That seems higher than a lot of other people. Any clue why?

Yep, 14 months. 

4 months from NOA2, to Embassy. Nothing for us to do, but wait.

About 3 months from Embassy/consulate Received, until were had an interview date. Some of that delay was due to us getting documents together (Single Status paper, Vaccination records, her son's gov't ID and son's passport). DS-160 (for K1) and payment for the interviews took a few days too.  (I think IR/CR1 uses DS-260, rather than DS-160... Though, I'm not certain about that)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.