16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I see on other people's timelines that their I-129f applications have "touches". My application has had no activity since :help: they received it on June 5th. Should I be calling somebody? :help:

Brian & Isa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I see on other people's timelines that their I-129f applications have "touches". My application has had no activity since :help: they received it on June 5th. Should I be calling somebody? :help:

You haven't got the NOA1 receipt yet?

To see touches I believe you have to register on the USCIS website and take down the date and watch the date to see if it changes every few weeks.

I sent my I129F in early July and got my NOA1 on July 18 or something. If you have your receipt number and it is past NOA1, then we just have a 2-4 month wait on average now before someone reviews it and hopefully approves it for NOA2 and sends it onwards.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

When you realize that touches don't really mean anything other than a way to try and make us feel better about waiting, then you'll be ok. ;)

It's going to be a couple of months, depending on the service centre, before you hear anything about your petition, unless you get sent an RFE.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

We haven't had touches either since the date our NOA1 was issued

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some people get touches some don't. You can get an approval without ever receiving a touch. Now your petition was received on June 7th so It will be well into September most likely before you ever hear anything concerning your case. So no worries for you yet.

Wioombeen

Edited by wioombeen

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

forget touches; I just want a dang NOA1 so I feel like I actually exist to these people :blink:

alien fiancee... alien spouse... weird non-existent creature dwelling in the dark underworld of the USCIS... you guys really know how to make a girl feel welcome ;)

Edited by StillThePrettiest

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

People get all excited about these touches. Some people get 10 touches and no approval for months. We got no touches, just an approval, and we were thrilled!

So disregard them, and hang tight, cause it will be a wait :)

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
People get all excited about these touches. Some people get 10 touches and no approval for months. We got no touches, just an approval, and we were thrilled!

So disregard them, and hang tight, cause it will be a wait :)

This is what I want. Sometimes no news is good news. I don't want them to contact me with a RFE and delay things. I don't need to see touches to show me my package is being shuffled from one pile to another.

I just want to get to my turn and get reviewed and approved ASAP, so I can help prep and move on to help my fiancee get her visa. Right now I can read and prep, but it feels sort of pointless because I know it will be several months before they make an actual actionable decision.

Timeline

Sorry, I'm new in this website and I'm just exploring everything. I don't know anything about TOUCHES....What do they mean?

Thank you,

Mirla.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
forget touches; I just want a dang NOA1 so I feel like I actually exist to these people :blink:

alien fiancee... alien spouse... weird non-existent creature dwelling in the dark underworld of the USCIS... you guys really know how to make a girl feel welcome ;)

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :dance::dance::star::star: and Welcome again!!!

There ya go! Sometimes you gotta take the Welcomes from wherever you can get them! Hang in there! :)

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline
Sorry, I'm new in this website and I'm just exploring everything. I don't know anything about TOUCHES....What do they mean?

Thank you,

Mirla.

Hola Mirla,

Welcome to visa journey !! ...

A "touch" happens everytime somebody at the USCIS office "touch" your documentation to do something, when this happens they have to scan and register it. You can see that information (touch date and if it has change your status)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

If you register there you will receive notification emails too.

Regards,

Martin

Timeline

Thanks for welcoming to this website!

I got alreayd my NOA1, May 9 it says but I'm still waiting.......waiting.....waiting.........I hate waiting! :crying:

Hopefully I'll get my NOA2 sooooooooonnnnnn!!!!!! PLZ!!!!! :star:

Mirla.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline

I forgot to mention this but since my NOA1 was issued on May 9, I haven't got any touches or updates........

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! :dance::dance::star::star: and Welcome again!!!

There ya go! Sometimes you gotta take the Welcomes from wherever you can get them! Hang in there! :)

Warm Regards,

Samby

:lol:

many MANY thanks, Samby; that post made me smile most widely... and as I take my smiles from wherever I can get them, in addition to my welcomes, I am much in your debt ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.