OsmanMCFC

AOS filing- Medical DS 3025 was completed In UK with all vaccinations , do I need to complete I-693?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Filing for AOS sometime this week and would like some information,

I completed my medical in on 8/8/23 so it is well within validation, I had extra vaccinations done at the medical and can see all looks up to date on the DS 3025 which is an updated form (includes COVID vaccines), I arrived in the US on 9/6 and gave my K1 packet to POE as instructed which i believe contains my full medical report that is sent to USCIS.

Upon reading the forums, i have seen filers get an RFE for not completing an I-693 and not getting a medical or civil surgeon to sign off there vaccines in the U.S even though they had a valid medical and vaccinations from there home country. 

Ideally, I thought K1 applicants don't have to complete the I-693 form and the DS 3025 was enough when filing , Am i wrong? 

I want to know if i have to get a medical or my vaccines signed off just in case?  to avoid RFE and any potential delays.

Also do i still need to complete the first part of the I- 693 form with all the applicant details?

Any help or similar experiences would help me a whole lot and I would really appreciate it, thank you for taking your time out to read this also. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You should not need a new I693 medical exam.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, OsmanMCFC said:

Hi everyone,

Filing for AOS sometime this week and would like some information,

I completed my medical in on 8/8/23 so it is well within validation, I had extra vaccinations done at the medical and can see all looks up to date on the DS 3025 which is an updated form (includes COVID vaccines),

Important to check the K1 completed etc box is marked on bottom left corner. 

I arrived in the US on 9/6 and gave my K1 packet to POE as instructed which i believe contains my full medical report that is sent to USCIS.

Upon reading the forums, i have seen filers get an RFE for not completing an I-693 and not getting a medical or civil surgeon to sign off there vaccines in the U.S even though they had a valid medical and vaccinations from there home country. 

Ideally, I thought K1 applicants don't have to complete the I-693 form and the DS 3025 was enough when filing , Am i wrong? 

Nope you are not wrong. If all is complete, you don't.

IOs are not familiar with the K1 exemption and often need a prodding at the interview by you showing them the actual USCIS I693 policy manual stating so. 

I want to know if i have to get a medical or my vaccines signed off just in case?  to avoid RFE and any potential delays.

I693 cost is $1k plus.

RFE from uneducated Adjudicator or IO (not RFE after interview but all the same) will delay minimally. 

IMO, why would you redo your medical by SMALL chance your adjudicator or IO if interviewed is an imbecile?

(Unless you are a perfectionist of course...)

I don't have $1K to throw around for something that is likely not to happen. Just because you see it happening doesn't mean it ISN'T happening MOST OF THE TIME. Those would have 0 reason to post about it, right?

Also do i still need to complete the first part of the I- 693 form with all the applicant details?

If the instructions state the applicant must fill out? Or if the doctor must?

My phone is loaded with downloaded forms and instructions and I'm unavailable to read them for you as I'm driving but if check out that resource first always. 

Any help or similar experiences would help me a whole lot and I would really appreciate it, thank you for taking your time out to read this also. 

Many posts on the topic. 

"K1 I693" in the search bar would likely be a good basic resource to do research. 

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful

Thank you so much for your through and informative response, It really means a lot.

Great advice, I won't add the I-693 or get the medical redone and vaccines signed off.

I don't believe the I-693 is needed to be filled out unless you got your vaccine requirements done privately and not with the US embassy selected medical centre like I did. If vaccines were administered privately it would have needed to be signed by a civil surgeon in the US.

Thanks again for your advice and putting my mind at ease during this stressful process !

Drive safely and have a great day !

17 hours ago, OsmanMCFC said:

I don't believe the I-693 is needed to be filled out unless you got your vaccine requirements done privately and not with the US embassy selected medical centre like I did. If vaccines were administered privately it would have needed to be signed by a civil surgeon in the US.

Regardless of where the vaccinations were administered, I-693 is not required if DS-3025 is marked complete.  Even if all vaccinations were administered at a private clinic, as long as the vax documentation is accepted at the visa medical and the DS-3025 is marked complete, I-693 would not be required.

As mentioned above, some applicants with completed DS-3025 are given RFE for I-693 because the adjudicating IO for their case is not familiar with the K1 exemption.  Or maybe the DS-3025 sent from CBP got lost somewhere in the stacks of documents at USCIS.  To reduce the risk of getting RFE for I-693, include a photocopy of the completed DS-3025 in your I-485 package.

It can be customary to put a photocopy of the DS3025 in your AOS package. Regardless of if you do or not, will not guarantee you from getting an RFE, something my husband discovered during his journey. What happened? We're still not sure. The RFE did not offer any clues. We could only guess that the officer was a newbie, had lost the documents, or was too lazy to check the file.

Still, we complied. A brand new medical is not necessary, but in case of an RFE, it requires finding a US civil surgeon, willing to sign off and recertify an I-693 (the vaccine portion only). We sent in the sealed envelope from the civil surgeon (who had seen a lot of things but was also puzzled), a print out of the USCIS's own policy when it pertains to the K1 adjustment medical rules, and a firmly worded "educational'' letter. We were approved immediately not long after.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

Thank you all for your help.

Just decided to send a copy of my DS-3025 from my medical, I had all the vaccines administered and signed off by the US visa medical centre in the UK, so i should be all set.

Let the waiting game begin....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.