Aram456123

No Slots Available for K1 Visa appointment in Indian Consulate

117 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Once the status shows ready. Pls go ahead and fill the DS 160, pay the visa fees and schedule appointment. Now a days the Embassy In Mumbai is not sending any letter to many applicants. Quite limited in sending. Either you might receive in a week or so or might not. Don't wait. Download the k1 visa package 4 by visiting the U.S Embassy site Mumbai and proceed. Your welcome letter from NVC is the main. If there is no invoice id generated on the welcome letter. Pls email NVC for an invoice. You need invoice id and case number to fill DS 160. The case number is already present on the K1-FTP welcome letter from NVC. Hope this helps. Thnx

Timeline

I wanted to ask if the interview appointments are done through https://www.usvisascheduling.com/en-US/ or some other site. Can anyone help?

After my case became 'Ready' with the Mumbai Consulate, I submitted my DS-160, created the profile at https://www.usvisascheduling.com/en-US/, paid the fees for K1 and now trying to figure out where to start scheduling the biometrics and interview appointments.

Right now on https://www.usvisascheduling.com/en-US/, I don't see any link to "schedule appointment" anywhere.
image.thumb.png.b4e7e13b9917a01d04f15bd47a4cee03.png

Timeline
On 9/21/2023 at 12:19 PM, pc09 said:

I wanted to ask if the interview appointments are done through https://www.usvisascheduling.com/en-US/ or some other site. Can anyone help?

After my case became 'Ready' with the Mumbai Consulate, I submitted my DS-160, created the profile at https://www.usvisascheduling.com/en-US/, paid the fees for K1 and now trying to figure out where to start scheduling the biometrics and interview appointments.

Right now on https://www.usvisascheduling.com/en-US/, I don't see any link to "schedule appointment" anywhere.
image.thumb.png.b4e7e13b9917a01d04f15bd47a4cee03.png

This was just my mistake.

Once I click on 'Continue Application' as shown in above screenshot, then it opened a new page for "Payment Details". It had a button titled "Continue to Confirm Receipt" which I clicked.

This resulted in a new page for "Confirm Receipt" with a "Submit" button. Once I clicked there, then I was shown the page to select the date for the VAC appointment.

I am so relieved that there was no issue with payment. I just got lost in the website and didn't know how to proceed.

Timeline

How to join the whatsapp K1 India group? I am looking forward to join it. Really tired of finding slots. Slots are being randomly released. Thnx

Edited by Ishani Sarkar

Timeline
On 9/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, Aram456123 said:

My case is in Ready state as per the NVC case status. I have successfully submitted the DS160 application and payed all the fees necessary for the application. On the Applicant Schedule OFC Appointment page however, I keep getting "No slots available" for all OFCs. I don't even have the option to select a date. Has anyone faced this before and How should you suggest I proceed from here?

Hello, we all are in the same boat, my case is also ready 20 ago and awaiting for visa slots in Mumbai consulate. It's frustrating to monitor. If you know any information about slots please let us know and I do the same.

Thanks 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Khush said:

hello, Iam also waiting for slots to get open, i have waiting over 3 weeks now. Yesterday slots were open for 5-7 mintues 3.11pm indian time, i suggest you joining the whatapp indian k1 visa group.

Hi, how can we join WhatsApp group??? Please suggest me to or add me.  It's really difficult to monitor timely basis. I am ready to share number of you can add me in WhatsApp number. 

Edited by Keerthi Chowdary

Timeline
On 9/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, Aram456123 said:

My case is in Ready state as per the NVC case status. I have successfully submitted the DS160 application and payed all the fees necessary for the application. On the Applicant Schedule OFC Appointment page however, I keep getting "No slots available" for all OFCs. I don't even have the option to select a date. Has anyone faced this before and How should you suggest I proceed from here?

Hi, my case status is ready 1 month ago, all process done as you mentioned and looking for appointment slot but no luck.

We should pray for all of us to get the slots.

If anyone get any information we should post here which will help everyone. 

Timeline

They should release the K1 slots for fall. It's high time. Beneficiaries who are on Twitter should tweet on The Embassy site in Mumbai. 

Edited by Ishani Sarkar

Timeline
On 9/21/2023 at 12:45 AM, K1VisaInWaiting said:

I'm sorry. I'm a little confused. Our application recently turned to "Ready" status. I thought we needed to wait for a welcome letter/email from the US embassey in mumbai before getting started. Is that not the case? If not, what are the next steps? 

The welcome letter seems to be just procedural in nature. There's nothing in that letter that you don't already know.

As to what to do next after your status is in 'Ready', ASAP file for your DS-160 and pay fees. Then schedule appointments (biometric and interview). Then schedule the health check appointment at least a week prior to your visa interview. You also need PCC and for India, seems to take a month. Check out https://traveldocs.com/

Edited by pc09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, as an advance reminder:  It's OK to send links to outside groups (WhatsApp) by private message, but if the links are posted openly here, they'll have to be removed -- site rules.  Thanks for understanding.  :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 9/27/2023 at 4:09 AM, Keerthi Chowdary said:

Hi, how can we join WhatsApp group??? Please suggest me to or add me.  It's really difficult to monitor timely basis. I am ready to share number of you can add me in WhatsApp number. 

Please tell me the number i will text you the link. Or you send me text (removed) US number. 

Edited by Chancy
removed PII

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.