Aram456123

No Slots Available for K1 Visa appointment in Indian Consulate

117 posts in this topic

Timeline

My case is in Ready state as per the NVC case status. I have successfully submitted the DS160 application and payed all the fees necessary for the application. On the Applicant Schedule OFC Appointment page however, I keep getting "No slots available" for all OFCs. I don't even have the option to select a date. Has anyone faced this before and How should you suggest I proceed from here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, Aram456123 said:

My case is in Ready state as per the NVC case status. I have successfully submitted the DS160 application and payed all the fees necessary for the application. On the Applicant Schedule OFC Appointment page however, I keep getting "No slots available" for all OFCs. I don't even have the option to select a date. Has anyone faced this before and How should you suggest I proceed from here?

Hello there, Greetings! I am in the same boat. I am trying to find slots but no slots available. I am consistently trying at midnight, evening, morning and after noon. Seems no luck. All this is due to new server change. I don't know what to do. Someone said try to find between 1pm to 4pm IST, someone said 11pm to 6am IST. I am lost. This is so annoying and frustrating. Please keep me updated if you find a slot. Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It seems some people have found a way to harvest them and are now selling them. Github has routines for using them. Now I am no IT expert so I am guessing how they do it.

This has been going on for sometime, does not seem anybody is worried about it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi I am also looking for slots at the Indian consulate and every location is showing no slots available. Me and my fiancé are checking everyday and still nothing. I do not know when slots will be available. Please let me know if they open we are also at ready status and its been 2 weeks since we got ready status. Please do inform if slots are available and open. 

Edited by Teju25222023

Timeline

Yes will let you know dear. It's quite fishy! Either they will not open the slots for sometime or there is some big technical glitch on this new portal post server change. It's quite frustrating. But we will get the slots.

Timeline

My Fiance is trying U.S times and me IST times for slots but to our utter dismay same message.. No slots available. We should tweet.

Edited by Ishani Sarkar

Timeline

I got some information regarding K1 visa opening slots from my immigration attorney. So as per her once there are large number of applicants after paying visa fees, it's then when they open slots. This year the maximum slots at the Embassy in Mumbai was opened in the month of May. This is as per my analysis. This slot opening after receiving a majority set of applicants who are about to appear for interview is global not only confined to U.S Embassy. Like in Manila the slots for K1 is throughout except some scenarios as there are lots of K1 applicants for interview. This is all analysis, I might not be 100% correct. 

Edited by Ishani Sarkar
Info change

But from India not many people apply for a K1 visa right, many go for a student visa. I do not know if India will get that full. Also, are the ofc appointment dates available for all visa categories? Is it common to everyone or does it vary according to the visa type? When is the expected month for the visa slot opening? 

Timeline

Dear, I have no other info regarding your questions. I guess the OFC slots also opens for various targeted categories of visa. It might be a technical glitch also. I have submitted queries on that site. But no one is responding. My case is still open. All we have to do is just to keep trying. Their main focus is on approving 1 million B1/B2 visas till 2023 end. I am optimistic that the slots will open soon for K1.

Timeline

I'm sorry. I'm a little confused. Our application recently turned to "Ready" status. I thought we needed to wait for a welcome letter/email from the US embassey in mumbai before getting started. Is that not the case? If not, what are the next steps? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.