solmalhombre

Help with new I-134 Form

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to fill out some questions on the newest version of the I-134 Declaration of Financial Support form. I wish they hadn't changed it, the old one seems like it was much easier.

Right off the bat I don't understand what I should put in Part 2, question 13, "Income contribution to the beneficiary annually". Do they want to know my beneficiary's annual salary from his employer? He obviously will no longer have that salary when he moves here so this makes no sense at all to me.

Then there's a similar issue with Part 3, question 14, "Income contribution to the beneficiary annually". Do I put my entire yearly earnings here? I have two jobs, so would they like to see the numbers from both income streams separately?

Thank you for any help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-134instr.pdf

Part 2 is about bene

Item Number 13. Beneficiary's Income. Provide information on any income the beneficiary will receive. If the beneficiary will not receive any income, then type or print $0 in the table. Do not include any individuals named in Part 3.

Part 3 is about USC (petition's) assets and dependents currently in your care or living with u

Income Relationship to the Individual Agreeing to Financially Support (Type or print “Self” for Individual Agreeing to Financially Support the Beneficiary) Income Contribution to the Beneficiary Annually (if none, type or print $0) $ $ $ $ $ Total Number of Dependents Total Income $ Provide all of the information requested in the table below about yourself, all of your dependents, and any other individuals you financially support (do not include any individuals named in Part 2.). Information about assets that are not based on employment should be added in Item Number 17. and not in Item Number 14.

1. you put beneficiary's income as zero. Watched countless videos of how to fill out new i-134 (including some videos made by lawyers) and they said to put zero in there since embassy understands that beneficiary won't have income when they move to US

2. You put Total combined income

Also, one more thing-found an issue with the PDF: it seems to auto- copy Beneficiary Name fields values in page 1 to sponsor name fields in page 4, so I might need to do some trickery when it's time to print.  

Edited by SevgilimniSevaman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Im also trying to figure out the same issue..  were scheduled for our interview BNK on Jan 5

Part 2 #13 the way i saw on you tube is to fill out the fields with the names of beneficiary an BDay an put Self/ Beneficiary

I hav a K2 attached so listed both

so looks like this:

Individuals full name.             DOB.                          Relationship to Beneficiary.              Income contribution to Bene   

Jane Doe.                          11/11/1980.                             Self or Beneficiary.                                   $0

Jane Doe jr.                        11/11/2010.                                 Child.                                                    $0 

Total # Dependents.        2

Total Income.                  $0   

Also the Part 3 #14 Income:

Do i put my jobs yearly income based on my W2 here?  Also i make a certain amount every year based on an hourly wage an my income has been down in 2022 because time off traveling back an forth from the US an Thailand. So do i put what my 2022 w2 says or my 21 W2 that shows my full yearly income. ? Or can I list my full years income an provide both the 21 an 22 W2's...?

Edited by Roy an Panitta
Spelling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.