Jump to content
ct38956

N-400 September 2023 Filers

 Share

422 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On 9/8/2023 at 4:05 PM, Zoya2020 said:

I filled n400 today based on 3 years marriage and I'm still living with my husband I live in Chicago does anyone know how long is the process and I have one concern my husband filled for divorce in 2022 it was pending for 5 months in court but we reconciled and the case was dismissed will that affect my application 

As you said, you guys reconciled, and the case was terminated. Expect explanation if you go for an interview with your husband, they may probably ask what were the circumstances that he filed for divorce? it shouldn't be a big deal but it is better to be prepared. I have even read cases where couples divorced within 3 years but the spouse was given GC or citizenship but everyone's case is different. Yours is pretty normal, keep up this way and you should be ok. btw i just filed mine today so please make doua for me too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2023 at 4:05 PM, Zoya2020 said:

I filled n400 today based on 3 years marriage and I'm still living with my husband I live in Chicago does anyone know how long is the process and I have one concern my husband filled for divorce in 2022 it was pending for 5 months in court but we reconciled and the case was dismissed will that affect my application 

As you said, you guys reconciled, and the case was terminated. Expect explanation if you go for an interview with your husband, they may probably ask what were the circumstances that he filed for divorce? it shouldn't be a big deal but it is better to be prepared. I have even read cases where couples divorced within 3 years but the spouse was given GC or citizenship but everyone's case is different. Yours is pretty normal, keep up this way and you should be ok. btw i just filed mine today so please make doua for me too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Lostinwind said:

i know someone asked this already, but did you check document section?

case status - case histroy - documents

Under that documents, just says Receipt notice lol 

 

3 hours ago, Bacon235 said:

Applied Sept. 6th. I didn’t get biometric reuse immediately. Matter of fact I didn’t get it for a few days. I assumed I would be getting a bio appt. But after a while my status changed to case is actively being reviewed and I got the reuse document. So I suggest just waiting a bit, you’ll get an update. 

oh okay! Yeah i applied sept 7th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2023 at 1:05 PM, Zoya2020 said:

I filled n400 today based on 3 years marriage and I'm still living with my husband I live in Chicago does anyone know how long is the process and I have one concern my husband filled for divorce in 2022 it was pending for 5 months in court but we reconciled and the case was dismissed will that affect my application 

Did you live with your husband all this time? Do you have proof? Marital union is crucial for N-400 under 3 year rule.

Be prepared for everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bacon235 said:

Applied Sept. 6th. I didn’t get biometric reuse immediately. Matter of fact I didn’t get it for a few days. I assumed I would be getting a bio appt. But after a while my status changed to case is actively being reviewed and I got the reuse document. So I suggest just waiting a bit, you’ll get an update. 

How many days after? If you don’t mind me asking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

My husband just filed n-400 today. Five-year rule since he's been a resident since 2014 (and ROC was 2016). Happily surprised at the new online filing system, and we only uploaded the required documents (green card, marriage certificate) plus five years of tax transcripts. Acceptance page said "16 months" for completion but based on what I see here on VisaJourney, we're hoping/expecting more like 8 months. We'll see!

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

 

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

 

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

 

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lynkali said:

My husband just filed n-400 today. Five-year rule since he's been a resident since 2014 (and ROC was 2016). Happily surprised at the new online filing system, and we only uploaded the required documents (green card, marriage certificate) plus five years of tax transcripts. Acceptance page said "16 months" for completion but based on what I see here on VisaJourney, we're hoping/expecting more like 8 months. We'll see!

check in few minutes to see if you could get biometric reuse letter in document section of your profile. that means your husband won't be going for a biometric appointment as they will use past fingerprints for verificaton. Welcome onboard btw!!!

Edited by MunnoTheCat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MunnoTheCat said:

check in few minutes to see if you could get biometric reuse letter in document section of your profile. that means your husband won't be going for a biometric appointment as they will use past fingerprints for verificaton. Welcome onboard btw!!!

 

Oh, wow, I wasn't really expecting the biometrics to be re-used, since he last did them in 2015!  I'm surprised, but sure enough - Biometrics Reuse Notice is there, along with Receipt Notice.  Thanks for prompting me to check!

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

 

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

 

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

 

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lynkali said:

 

Oh, wow, I wasn't really expecting the biometrics to be re-used, since he last did them in 2015!  I'm surprised, but sure enough - Biometrics Reuse Notice is there, along with Receipt Notice.  Thanks for prompting me to check!

no problem, i am glad you got'em both. :). Can't wait to hear from any September filer for an Interview date. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...