ct38956

N-400 September 2023 Filers

469 posts in this topic

I wonder if for us process will slow down a bit relative to prior months due to holiday season. USCIS staff taking vacation, federal holidays etc.

I am guessing if I as a Sept 20th filer don't hear back from them before Thanksgiving, interview ain't happening this year. This is assuming they tend to send notice roughly 1 months 1 week in advance.

17 minutes ago, boobooboo said:

I wonder if for us process will slow down a bit relative to prior months due to holiday season. USCIS staff taking vacation, federal holidays etc.

I am guessing if I as a Sept 20th filer don't hear back from them before Thanksgiving, interview ain't happening this year. This is assuming they tend to send notice roughly 1 months 1 week in advance.

very much possible. Who likes to work in December lol?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

file September 26 finally did by biometric yesterday ... case has now change to actively being review .

the long wait start . and processing time also change from 6month to 10 month .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just got the interview scheduled for Dec 27th. I was wondering if we can take our 3 year old son to the interview since we do not have daycare. Does anyone have an idea?

12 hours ago, Kupitr said:

Just got my interview scheduled for January 4th. 

on the notice it doesn’t say anything about spouse presence even though I’m using the 3 year rule… 

did people ask for same day oath adding a doc after the interview is scheduled? 

congratulations. Make sure your spouse is available and ready to go in with you. it doesn't hurt to take your spouse with you anyway and show him / her how field office looks like. :)

6 minutes ago, jts4132 said:

Time down from 8 to 5 months as well.. does that mean anything? As in, is our case actually moving and that's why it has gone down or is the interview about to be scheduled?

It means someone at USCIS put their magic hand on your file and digging into it. Hang tight, you may be next inline 

On 11/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, MunnoTheCat said:

Processing time moved up from 6 months to 7 months. Some progress right there lol

Has anyone experienced the same?

just checked my case at 12:40AM and to my surprise processing time went down from 7 months to 3 months. Dang! that's some crazy downhill drive. I don't want to jinx it but thought to share with my sep peeps anyway lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.