etrangais

Administrative Processing - CR1/IR1 visa Casablanca Consulate [merged threads]

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, after several congressional inquiries and hundreds of unanswered emails, the US consulate in Casablanca called my wife over the phone and asked her to return for a second interview next week.

They asked if visited her after the initial interview, she said yes. They asked if I was still there, she said no, he is back in the US. They asked her to bring any pictures we took together to the 2nd interview next week.

They kept her passport since the initial interview in May 2022.

We hope this journey ends with a happy ending, and we get reunited soon.

What should we expect?

Any advise is much appreciated

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

did they ask her to take a new medical exam?

if so,  this is good news 

They did not

They called Thursday and asked her to come back next day or when she can and bring pictures of our last time together (December 2022)

Does the medical really expire after in 6 months? 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, A&J22 said:

I think they're not satisfied with whatever evidence was provided, they might want to see new evidence, ask the same or new questions to see if the beneficiary is being truthful, I think it's a good thing that you're not there because nothing good comes from having both spouses at the interview. 

Thank you

I am leaning towards that also. They want to see more evidence of a bona fide relationship before making a decision.

I really hope all goes well. We provided strong evidence (but I guess it was not enough the first time). They asked for my previous marriage certificate at the interview back in May 2022, and went silent until Thursday this week when they asked my wife to come back and bring any pictures we took during my last visit in December.

She is taking pictures with the family back in August and pictures of us in December in three different cities we visited in Morocco, and monthly money transfer receipts.

I hope all this will be enough to prove bona fide marriage, because it is. 

22 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Thank you

I am leaning towards that also. They want to see more evidence of a bona fide relationship before making a decision.

I really hope all goes well. We provided strong evidence (but I guess it was not enough the first time). They asked for my previous marriage certificate at the interview back in May 2022, and went silent until Thursday this week when they asked my wife to come back and bring any pictures we took during my last visit in December.

She is taking pictures with the family back in August and pictures of us in December in three different cities we visited in Morocco, and monthly money transfer receipts.

I hope all this will be enough to prove bona fide marriage, because it is. 

I think that's all good additional evidence, you can also consider others if possible such as your wife being the beneficiary in retirement accounts or life insurance or hotel confirmations you had previously with your spouse. Do you mind sharing what you guys initially provided as evidence?

was there is any challenge or issue with the initial marriage that prompted them to request the first marriage certificate? I find it odd to want to see the first marriage certificate is there is a final divorce decree.

Timeline
1 hour ago, A&J22 said:

I think that's all good additional evidence, you can also consider others if possible such as your wife being the beneficiary in retirement accounts or life insurance or hotel confirmations you had previously with your spouse. Do you mind sharing what you guys initially provided as evidence?

was there is any challenge or issue with the initial marriage that prompted them to request the first marriage certificate? I find it odd to want to see the first marriage certificate is there is a final divorce decree.

For some odd reasons, Casablanca consulate started asking for previous marriage certificates starting last year, even when final divorce decrees were provided. We were not the first couple to be asked to provide the previous marriage certificate. There were no unusual circumstances in the divorce.

we provided 401k evidence and insurance evidence showing here as the beneficiary. Medical insurance started after we got married. Wedding pictures and some personal pictures also. And hundreds of pages of chat history and calls in Whatsup.

for this week’s interview, we are providing more pictures of the last visit in December, hotel confirmation and money transfer receipts.

1 hour ago, etrangais said:

For some odd reasons, Casablanca consulate started asking for previous marriage certificates starting last year, even when final divorce decrees were provided. We were not the first couple to be asked to provide the previous marriage certificate. There were no unusual circumstances in the divorce.

we provided 401k evidence and insurance evidence showing here as the beneficiary. Medical insurance started after we got married. Wedding pictures and some personal pictures also. And hundreds of pages of chat history and calls in Whatsup.

for this week’s interview, we are providing more pictures of the last visit in December, hotel confirmation and money transfer receipts.

it sounds like you guys provided sufficient evidence, I hope with the added photos and money transfer receipts it will be enough. Wish you good luck.

Timeline
Just now, A&J22 said:

it sounds like you guys provided sufficient evidence, I hope with the added photos and money transfer receipts it will be enough. Wish you good luck.

That makes me feel good, thank you so much

it has been a stressful 9 months in AP. I Hope we got to the end of it now

thank you so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

(Money receipts ) i hope the USC did show sending western union money to Moroccan

it will be good news when u hear that  a new medical exam is needed since this one is well over 6 months 

Answer to your other question about why both marriage and divorce papers to ex in a private message 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

(Money receipts ) i hope the USC did show sending western union money to Moroccan

it will be good news when u hear that  a new medical exam is needed since this one is well over 6 months 

Answer to your other question about why both marriage and divorce papers to ex in a private message 

Thank you @JeanneAdil.

for the money receipts, I, the usc, was sending my wife money on a monthly basis. I don’t need money from her, I make a quarter million a year, and my paystubs and tax returns show that (they have all that already).

Timeline
12 hours ago, Fogo said:

How was the interview ? 

The second interview went well (according to my wife).

The interviewer went through all normal interview questions from scratch: how did you meet? when did you get married? where does your husband work? chat history, wedding pictures, when was the last visit? last visit pictures, hotel confirmations, ... basically all the staff covered by VJ members for the interviews.

My wife said that at the end, the interviewer said that they wanted to ensure the marriage was bona fide. He said everything looked good.

He returned the chat history pages to my wife, and he said that everything is good and he would give the information to the CO for the final decision.

But until they call my wife for an updated medical, I will remain skeptical, because we never know, the CO might have a different opinion.

We remain hopeful, this has been a long AP process, 9 months so far

Edited by etrangais
correction

4 hours ago, etrangais said:

The second interview went well (according to my wife).

The interviewer went through all normal interview questions from scratch: how did you meet? when did you get married? where does your husband work? chat history, wedding pictures, when was the last visit? last visit pictures, hotel confirmations, ... basically all the staff covered by VJ members for the interviews.

My wife said that at the end, the interviewer said that they wanted to ensure the marriage was bona fide. He said everything looked good.

He returned the chat history pages to my wife, and he said that everything is good and he would give the information to the CO for the final decision.

But until they call my wife for an updated medical, I will remain skeptical, because we never know, the CO might have a different opinion.

We remain hopeful, this has been a long AP process, 9 months so far

I hope the best for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.