Oleksandra

Who is waiting for CR1 longer then 1 year???

19 posts in this topic

Hello !

I know that most of couples could get a CR1 during 8-10 month,but we also heard that tehre are some cases when the USCIS or NVC force you to wait longer,so we are curious who is still waiting for CR1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello !

I know that most of couples could get a CR1 during 8-10 month,but we also heard that tehre are some cases when the USCIS or NVC force you to wait longer,so we are curious who is still waiting for CR1?

We are waiting but we have just entered the eight month. The only delays we have experienced have been caused b our own mistakes,

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-12-12

I130/CR1

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-19

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-01-06

I-130 Approved : 2007-04-19

NVC Received : 2007-05-01

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : May 14 2007

Pay I-864 Bill Received and Marked Paid May 30 2007 Shorcut not used..but one $70 fee paid for both CR1 and CR2

Receive I-864 Package : June 4 2007

I-864 Receivd at NVC June 7 2007 Used Shortcut Successfully I-864 Approved 6-18-07

Return Completed DS-3032 : Three failed e-mail attempts DS-3032 received 8 June 2007 Completed June 11, 2007

Receive IV Bill : Generated 6-18-07 Received June 29, 2007

Pay IV Bill : Paid 2 July 2007, Posted at NVC 9 July, 2007

Receive Instruction Package : 16 July DS 230 submitted using Shortcuts

Case Completed at NVC : 15 August 2007

NVC Left : 12 Sep 2007

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 17 Oct 2007

Visa Received : 17 Oct 2007

US Entry : est 3 Nov 2007 @ 7:22 pm LosAngeles

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 121

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQxJkRhdGUrb2YrSTEzMCtOT0ExJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmbCYwJjYmMSYyMDA3JjEyJjAmNDU0OTA2MDAxMTc5ODgyOTU4Lic=.gif

THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO...UNTIL YOU ASK!

Michael & Elena

Bakesfield, CA

It will be a year waiting for the noa2 aug 15. Not much you can do. They say they are doing background checks :wacko:

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

Oh,it is a pitty that they are so slow,i am just curious weather they have enough people to make this background checks,because seems that 1)that don't have enough people that do this job or

2)they don't care that couples are waiting.

In both of this cases i guess they should have hire more people and especially those who is waiting for CR! don't make to wait longer then those who is making only a K1

It will be a year waiting for the noa2 aug 15. Not much you can do. They say they are doing background checks :wacko:

Filed: Timeline
Oh,it is a pitty that they are so slow,i am just curious weather they have enough people to make this background checks,because seems that 1)that don't have enough people that do this job or

In both of this cases i guess they should have hire more people and especially those who is waiting for CR! don't make to wait longer then those who is making only a K1

waiting for four years only

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

4 years?? Oh my God.. :angry: I am really starting to get infuriated at how long they take.

Romania.gif

November 15th 2006 -Got married

May 14th 2007 - I 130 sent

June 01st 2007 - NOA1 received

June 05th 2007 - touched

Currently pending

If you can believe this, I filed my I-130 in August of 2006 at the Vermont Service Center, first NOA was August 23. THen nothing until May of 07 saying that my case had been transferred to CSC. June 20 07 i receved approval, then sent to NVC. Case # from NVC in July, now waiting on DS-3032 and I-864 bill. Looks like it will be way over a (start to finish) before my wife gets her interview in Manila. I think that VSC just did nothing until they transferred case to CSC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Oleksandra,

I'm sorry you have been waiting so long. The reason K-1 takes much less time is because its a non-immigrant visa. Less steps. No adjustment of status, etc. You chose a much longer route to be with your partner. K-1s are moved faster, like worker visas and such. Less to show, you know? Also you should be careful how you word some statements. You wrote...

"In both of this cases i guess they should have hire more people and especially those who is waiting for CR! don't make to wait longer then those who is making only a K1." Only a K-1? You could anger many people in love here. I personally dont understand why anyone would go with a CR-1 or K-3 visa. Takes much longer usually with more steps. Good luck. Wish you a speedy outcome :yes:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

ME!!!!

More than a year for the CR1. Now we are waiting for the interview to be scheduled since may when the case was completed at the NVC.

It did not take too long to get the NOA2. We applied on may 1s last year and we got the number in november.

I think things are getting worst over there for some reason...The fact is that there is little we can do to expedite it :crying: .

Oh no are you serious 4 years? what is yoru time line? where in the process are you at on AP? is it as USCIS or NVC?

Oleksandra,

I'm sorry you have been waiting so long. The reason K-1 takes much less time is because its a non-immigrant visa. Less steps. No adjustment of status, etc. You chose a much longer route to be with your partner. K-1s are moved faster, like worker visas and such. Less to show, you know? Also you should be careful how you word some statements. You wrote...

"In both of this cases i guess they should have hire more people and especially those who is waiting for CR! don't make to wait longer then those who is making only a K1." Only a K-1? You could anger many people in love here. I personally dont understand why anyone would go with a CR-1 or K-3 visa. Takes much longer usually with more steps. Good luck. Wish you a speedy outcome :yes:

I agree with you about the remark of the K1 Visa!!!! but they have no other choice but to file the CR-1 or K-3 if the spouse is living overseas and they are in another country, so I don't understand why the process is taking such along time either but I guess because so many petitions are being filed daily???? The fastest process is the DCF if USCitizen and foreighn spouse live in the foreign spouse Country, wait until finals and being thru with everything is max of 6 month!!!!

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have been waiting for over a year as well. To date our I-129 still has not been approved, I imagine it is lost somewhere but in any event we are now pursuing the CR-1.

The NOA-2 arrived in February and we were waiting and waiting for our IV bill, only to be told that it was sent 6 weeks previously although we never received it.

Then we had to wait two more weeks to get it replaced.

When we sent the DS-230 in, they then requested my long form birth certificate, my police check along with another document. From what I understood, they aren't required at submission but the NVC can request them prior to the interview.

Now they have everything, but our file is still at the NVC.

Now we have to look forward to another long wait in Montreal. :crying:

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

We have been waiting for over a year as well. To date our I-129 still has not been approved, I imagine it is lost somewhere but in any event we are now pursuing the CR-1.

The NOA-2 arrived in February and we were waiting and waiting for our IV bill, only to be told that it was sent 6 weeks previously although we never received it.

Then we had to wait two more weeks to get it replaced.

When we sent the DS-230 in, they then requested my long form birth certificate, my police check along with another document. From what I understood, they aren't required at submission but the NVC can request them prior to the interview.

Now they have everything, but our file is still at the NVC.

Now we have to look forward to another long wait in Montreal. :crying:

Hey I know its taking you some time but, you are also blessed that you at least have one petition approved. We are still stuck at USCIS with both I130 and the Ii29F =0( Keep you head up.

You are moinvg along slowly but surely.

Can any one else here tell me if they are stuck at uscis for over a year and still dont have either application approved like in our situation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.