stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

Update  on my application 

Had my interview 1:15 pm today at Montgomery Alabama. I got approved and the Oath will be November 3 in my home town not at their field office but a courthouse.

The officer didn't ask me any other evidence except to my Green card. He asked my 6 questions only since I corrected all of it.

The questions were:

What is emancipation of proclamation do?

Who was the Vice President of USA?

Name one of the longest river in US

How many years is the president term?

How many years the House of Representatives be elected?

Who is Benjamin Franklin

It was easy and quick interview only took 10 mins. 

Hope you all have a great day… 

7 hours ago, Jorald02 said:

Update  on my application 

Had my interview 1:15 pm today at Montgomery Alabama. I got approved and the Oath will be November 3 in my home town not at their field office but a courthouse.

The officer didn't ask me any other evidence except to my Green card. He asked my 6 questions only since I corrected all of it.

The questions were:

What is emancipation of proclamation do?

Who was the Vice President of USA?

Name one of the longest river in US

How many years is the president term?

How many years the House of Representatives be elected?

Who is Benjamin Franklin

It was easy and quick interview only took 10 mins. 

Hope you all have a great day… 

Congrats, Can you pls share your timeline. 

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, visatransfer said:

Congratulations !!

What is the location for oath ceremony in Houston?

Thank you.

It's Campbell Education center.

At the end of the interview, the officer tried to put me in for the ceremony on October 28th which was going to be in that same building where interview took place. But after 5 minutes of trying, he gave up and said that systems are not working so I'll have to wait. 

8 hours ago, aneeth said:

Congrats, Can you pls share your timeline. 

Thank you..

Aug.14 - Received my Application 

Aug.18- Actively Reviewing 

Sept.8 - Scheduled Appointment 

Oct.20 - Interview Date (Approved)

Nov. 3- Oath Ceremony 

I live in Pensacola Florida and my oath will be at Downtown Courthouse which is 15 mins. from my home address which is better than driving 3 hours back to Montgomery Al.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, mscma said:

Thank you.

At the end of the interview, the officer tried to put me in for the ceremony on October 28th which was going to be in that same building where interview took place. But after 5 minutes of trying, he gave up and said that systems are not working so I'll have to wait. 

Thanks for your response.

I heard that those Campbell center ceremonies are large and take a very long time. It’s probably the last waiting part of your overall naturalization process.

Good luck with your ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/18/2023 at 6:52 PM, mscma said:

GC 2-years 2012. Thru marriage. 

GC 10 years 2014.

N-400 filed August 29th 2023 online.

Biometrics were reused. 

September 9th online update for interview notice.

October 18th interview.

Application approved. Waiting for oath ceremony to be scheduled.

Houston TX. 

Congratulations. How was your interview? Can you recall the questions that was asked?

13 hours ago, visatransfer said:

Thanks for your response.

I heard that those Campbell center ceremonies are large and take a very long time. It’s probably the last waiting part of your overall naturalization process.

Good luck with your ceremony. 

Thanks. 

Yes, the officer mentioned it as well that it's about another 5 miles out and is usually used for larger crowd. 

40 minutes ago, Janeyk said:

Congratulations. How was your interview? Can you recall the questions that was asked?

Thanks. Sure thing. 

Interview was pretty straight forward. When I walked in he asked me for permanent resident card, driver's license, and the appointment letter. Had me take the oath for telling the truth, and asked me to have a seat. 

He went straight for the civic test. 

2 longest rivers.

We select president for how many years. 

State that borders Canada. 

Meaning of 13 stripes on the flag. 

Year of declaration.

The month we vote in for president.

He just asked 6 questions. I brought all the original documents, selective services registration card, tax returns etc. He didn't ask for anything. 

Then he started asking questions regarding my past. Like why did I move to Texas, how did I meet my wife, how old is our son, what does my wife do, where did I meet my wife, when did we get married, if we are still married and together, where do I work, what do I do there and lastly why did I wait so long to file for citizenship since I was eligible to do so since 2015 or so.

Yeah, lots of marriage related questions even tho I filed 9 years after becoming permanent resident. 

Then we moved on to the yes/no question from the application. 

Lastly he asked me to read a sentence from a tablet that was mounted on the table. Then he asked me to write a sentence which he dictated and gave me a stylus to write on the tablet. 

He didn't say it specifically but I figured he was approving my application when he asked me to make sure my name, dob and address is correct on the tablet since that's how it will be printed on the certificate. 

Then he tried to schedule me for the ceremony this coming week but he couldn't since the systems were down. And he told me that I'll have to wait for the letter in mail.

I got up, thanked him, and left. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have my interview for naturalization scheduled. My ROC I751 have not been approved. I lost my expired green card. What can I do? My interview is in 2 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
5 hours ago, Janeyk said:

I have my interview for naturalization scheduled. My ROC I751 have not been approved. I lost my expired green card. What can I do? My interview is in 2 weeks.

There was someone on VisaJourney that was in a similar situation: 

I think if you have copies of your green card, take them with you to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, aneeth said:

Do we have a site where we can find Oath Ceremony is scheduled at uscis field offices.

Yes, the site is your USCIS account. Log into your account to see if any document has been uploaded. 

On 10/21/2023 at 9:30 AM, mscma said:

Thank you.

gov systems. what can we say! lol. But congratulations. you are almost there, don't mess up! I am a september filer though, sniffing around in other months lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.