Aeroplane

August 2023 I-751 removing condition filer

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, werdna said:

Just dropped off our box at UPS.  Tomorrow is the first day we can apply so it should arrive then.  Let's see how long this takes...

Let's hope it doesn't arrive today. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Unless UPS has developed teleportation, there's no way it will arrive today.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! 

I mailed mine aug 2nd.

- arrived Aug 4th

- received text of notice of receipt today (aug 9th) & card charged 

I will update when I get official letter in the mail. Good luck everyone! :)

Timeline
23 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Delivered today at 9:01am.  I guess 1 minute into the application period 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, werdna said:

Delivered today at 9:01am.  I guess 1 minute into the application period 😂

Good.  The reason I even mentioned it is because there have been rejections due to people sending the package before the window opens, thinking it wouldn't arrive early.  A few days makes zero difference.  Most people here recommend waiting a few days into the 90 day window.  Good luck on the rest of your journey.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Only 3 years 11 months 31 days 15 hours and 59 minutes to go! Joking, hopefully not. Good luck!

😁 At least this time the wait it doesn't really matter because we are together.  Just wanted to get it in ASAP so that we can have a better chance of getting the extension letter before travelling shortly after the expiration date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Former CC said:

Good.  The reason I even mentioned it is because there have been rejections due to people sending the package before the window opens, thinking it wouldn't arrive early.  A few days makes zero difference.  Most people here recommend waiting a few days into the 90 day window.  Good luck on the rest of your journey.  

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't send it ground or 3 or 2 day and plan for it to arrive the first day.  Things can arrive early and they would reject it.

I shipped it overnight and dropped it off where I knew the UPS truck wouldn't pick it up until 4:45pm and there was no way it would be sent early.

For us we want the extension letter ASAP because my husband is planning to change jobs right around the date his green card expires and then we have travel plans around then too.

Hello

Green Card originally expired 2023-07-30 (July 30th). Filing with divorce waiver :(

Filed by my lawyer sometime during the week of 2023-07-24 - 2023-07-28.

2023-07-31 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and sent you a receipt notice.

Got an IOE case number. Texas Service Center 😭

2023-08-05 We are actively reviewing your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.

2023-08-11 Biometrics scheduled for end of the month.

Edited by Aname

2018-06: Entered the US on a B1/B2

2018-12: Met my partner, applied for extension of stay

2019-04: Request for evidence on extension

2019-08: Extension rejected :(

2019-08-28: Got engaged

2019-10-17: Got married. Started collecting docs, exams...

2020-1-20: Put into removal proceedings, probably due to the extension application :( My biggest regret is waiting too long after marriage to file I-130. Now my case will be handled by DHS in addition to USCIS and a judge needs to approve it.

2020-02-21: I-130 filed/received (priority date).
2020-02-25: USCIS: "Case received. Receipt notice was emailed"

2020-02-28: Did my fingerprints at USCIS, as scheduled by the removal proceedings letter

2020-03: Originally scheduled first hearing before a judge. Postponed to 2020-07 due to COVID-19. Hoping that the judge allows my case to await USCIS's decision.
2020-05-01: USCIS: "In Process. Your benefit request has been accepted and is under review."

2020-09-18: I-130 Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aug 8, 2023 - mailed in package 

Aug 9, 2023 - delivered 

Aug 15, 2023 - credit card charged

I didn’t receive a text of receipt yet, should I be worried? 

9 minutes ago, sdave said:

Aug 8, 2023 - mailed in package 

Aug 9, 2023 - delivered 

Aug 15, 2023 - credit card charged

I didn’t receive a text of receipt yet, should I be worried? 

Sometimes text message never comes. It's not very reliable. I would worry if you haven't received extension letter 6-8 weeks after filing.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.