JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

263 posts in this topic

ok i think i need to pinch myself and dont know what to do next....i am stuck and dont know what is next. I did the DS 160 already now what??image.png.521d270676805be47074133e9b3c42f1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
14 hours ago, Elays said:
The case number was created on 25th September

I hope to be "In Transit" in the next shipping dates➡️ 10-11 October

Congratulations!!!! The process is moving in the right direction! I checked yesterday, my case was created on September 19, exactly a week before sending. 

Edited by Geraldin

@Mello3 Congrats!!

you can create a profile via the portal us travel docs and pay you visa fee! 
from there you can also make your appointment 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wenn_e16 said:

@Mello3 Congrats!!

So mine says in transit interview date has been given to you by NVC but all i got from them was a word document email stating case has been shipped to embassy and to follow instructions on applying for visa on state dept website.

Still stick to the portal way of paying fees and scheduling?

@SP1988 

yes that’s correct. I got the same exact message I honestly think it’s automated. Because once it’s ready it’ll say your case is ready for when you schedule your interview. 

1 hour ago, Wenn_e16 said:

@Mello3 Congrats!!

I've actually been on there all last night and this morning trying to make an account but keep getting an error message. sooo frustrating

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
15 hours ago, Mello3 said:

I've actually been on there all last night and this morning trying to make an account but keep getting an error message. sooo frustrating

are you choosing an immigrant visa? The process of creating an account did not take me long

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello!

Quick question - we got our case number from NVC last night (yay!), but when we checked the status, it read "At NVC". Is that normal? Are we still able to submit the DS-160 at this time? Thanks!

Edited by Mary2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mary2023 said:

Hello!

Quick question - we got our case number from NVC last night (yay!), but when we checked the status, it read "At NVC". Is that normal? Are we still able to submit the DS-160 at this time? Thanks!

Yes. That is normal.  It will sit there until it makes the shipment to your embassy, they ship every 2 weeks. When shipped, the status changes to ‘In Transit’. After the embassy receives and processes it, the status will change to ’ Ready’. That’s when many of us do the 160, but check your specific embassy guidelines for the best information. 

Consulate: Manila, Philippines | I-129F Sent: 2022-06-07 | NOA1: 2022-06-09 | NOA2: 2023-07-11 NVC Rec’d: 2023-08-10 | Case #: 2023-08-24 NVC Left Consulate: 2023-09-12 | Received : 2023-09-13 | Packet 3 Rec’d : | Packet 3 Sent : | Packet 4 Rec’d: 2023-09-19 | Interview: 2023-10-17 | Interview Result: Approved!

ok so I have been going in circles about this and we are a little lost so here goes......

We are already "READY" on the CASC status website

I completed the DS-160 for both my fiance and a seperate one her son

We already registered at SLEC for the medical (didnt pay yet) she has an appointment for oct 11

We already registered at ustraveldocs. c o m to schedule visa appointment but didnt pay yet.

We have not gotten a letter from the embassy with any instructions or invoice number.

When we try to walk through paying we get to a page that asks for a reciept number for ther DS-160. I dont know where to get a MVR reciept number and I am stuck there. When I try to walk through the payment steps to get a reciept they ask for the receipt number and I am going in circles. 

What am I missing? 

Edited by Mello3

This is what I think is next

She pays the fee for the appointment visa first (MVR).

Then she takes the receipt number and books the appointment online at ustraveldocs

Once the visa appointment is made online then she can book the medical appointment

Yes? or do we have to wait for a letter from the embassy with instructions 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mello3 said:

This is what I think is next

She pays the fee for the appointment visa first (MVR).

Then she takes the receipt number and books the appointment online at ustraveldocs

Once the visa appointment is made online then she can book the medical appointment

Yes? or do we have to wait for a letter from the embassy with instructions 

That is correct.  Note, she will need to wait about 24 hours for the receipt to be active, despite they say "4 hours".  The next available date is currently Dec 12, aside from random cancellations.  Maybe when you get your receipt active t will be Dec 19. But cancellations keep popping up for an earlier date.  Looks like her medical is on the same day as my fiancée too. I am guessing, but I assume it is probably OK that you booked your medical already, as lomg as you have your interview appointment letter to show them at the medical. 

1 hour ago, W199 said:

That is correct.  Note, she will need to wait about 24 hours for the receipt to be active, despite they say "4 hours".  The next available date is currently Dec 12, aside from random cancellations.  Maybe when you get your receipt active t will be Dec 19. But cancellations keep popping up for an earlier date.  Looks like her medical is on the same day as my fiancée too. I am guessing, but I assume it is probably OK that you booked your medical already, as lomg as you have your interview appointment letter to show them at the medical. 

Thank you, She just got her reciept and I couldnt move forward but the 24 hours make sense as things are not likely so streamlined that it will show instantly. 

Thanks for the clarity and good luck to you guys too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wait so im confused too. I just sae case is now ready but i have to wait for packet of instructions so what do i do now? Do i have to wait for that or can i do something in the mean time and who receives the packet me the petitioner or my fiancee?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.