Zeeshan0321

F2A, How does the aging out works?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Zeeshan0321 said:

Since  Child Status Protection Act is applied to applies to adjustment of status applications adjudicate on or after Feb. 14, 2023, and mine was approved in March 2023.  I would be okay under this act?

you are not in the US filing to adjust

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zeeshan0321 said:

Applied in Jan 2021, cased approved March 2023

2 hours ago, Zeeshan0321 said:

will be turning 21 this November 2023

So in March 2023 you were age 20y 7m

case took 2y 2m to approve.

(20, 7) - (2, 2) = cspa age of  18y 5m as of March 2023. This will be 18y 10m  in August 2023. F2A RoW final action date August 2023 visa bulletin is Oct 2017. 

There is faint hope this Oct 2017 date will progress significantly in the October 2023 visa bulletin which is at the beginning of FY2024. I agree with others that it is not looking good.  

Check back in 60 days, when the October 2023 visa bulletin comes out.

CSPA age is Age on the first day the priority date becomes current minus time I-130 was pending.

Since it was pending for 2 years 2 months you have until you're 23 years and 2 months old for the priority date to become current and then you have 1 year to file DS-260 to lock that in place. Past that point it really doesn't matter when it actually gets issued.

You are unlikely to age out in this case. Just stay unmarried and if you do turn 21, make sure your father doesn't naturalize until you're in US since the age at naturalization does override the CSPA age. Alternatively yeah if he's able to naturalize before you turn 21 you'd be upgraded to IR2 which don't age out at all.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Demise said:

You are unlikely to age out in this case

F2A RoW  FA date would have to move from October 2017 to March 2023 in 2 years. IOW progress at a rate of 3 months for each month of elapsed time.

What is the basis for your assertion?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

F2A RoW  FA date would have to move from October 2017 to March 2023 in 2 years. IOW progress at a rate of 3 months for each month of elapsed time.

What is the basis for your assertion?

When I checked F2A was Sept 2020 for final action and Current for NVC submittal.

9 hours ago, Demise said:

Since it was pending for 2 years 2 months you have until you're 23 years and 2 months old for the priority date to become current and then you have 1 year to file DS-260 to lock that in place. Past that point it really doesn't matter when it actually gets issued.

OP is DQ'd.  He has already submitted his DS-260.

I am not sure how this scenario is handled.. I thought applying (submitting DS-260) locks his CSPA age under Seek-to-Acquire. 

However, the PD is not current for final action.

3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

OP is DQ'd.  He has already submitted his DS-260.

I am not sure how this scenario is handled.. I thought applying (submitting DS-260) locks his CSPA age under Seek-to-Acquire

Nope, as long as his date has never once been current, there is no CSPA calculation and “seek to acquire” does not come into play.

DQ is irrelevant.

Filling out DS260 is irrelevant.

@Demise, @SteveInBostonI130F2A has gone backwards.

July 2023 - Sept, 2020

Aug 2023 - Oct, 2017

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-august-2023.html

Has retrogressed almost 3 years.

@Zeeshan0321, has your father applied to naturalize?

Edited by manyfudge

Timeline
9 minutes ago, manyfudge said:

July 2023 - Sept, 2020

Aug 2023 - Oct, 2017

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-august-2023.html

Has retrogressed almost 3 years.

6 years actually. It was current earlier this year. 6 years of retrogress in 4 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.