junoant

Mistake on evidence affidavit letter

6 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi all, this is my first time posting here. We have submitted our I-130 online and I just realized that a letter I attached as bonafide proof has my husband’s last names switched. My father wrote the letter and presented the correct name in the title (example: John Smith Doe), but later in the letter references him as (John Doe Smith). My husband is latino and told me that this often happens with many documents over there. Is this something we should be worried about getting an RFE on? Everywhere else his name is correct. (Sorry, I am a worry wart lol) Thanks for any guidance!

Edited by junoant

2 hours ago, junoant said:

I just realized that a letter I attached as bonafide proof has my husband’s last names switched.

Did you submit other bona fide relationship evidence that are not affidavit letters?  If you submitted lots of other evidence that are stronger than affidavit letters, I doubt anyone would care much about the name switch on that one letter.  But if all you submitted are affidavit letters, then that might be a concern.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Did you submit other bona fide relationship evidence that are not affidavit letters?  If you submitted lots of other evidence that are stronger than affidavit letters, I doubt anyone would care much about the name switch on that one letter.  But if all you submitted are affidavit letters, then that might be a concern.

Thank you for your response! We did include stronger evidence (financials, boarding passes, etc). I’m glad it isn’t as big of a deal as I was imagining lol! 

Edited by junoant
Grammar

On 7/29/2023 at 5:36 PM, junoant said:

Hi all, this is my first time posting here. We have submitted our I-130 online and I just realized that a letter I attached as bonafide proof has my husband’s last names switched. My father wrote the letter and presented the correct name in the title (example: John Smith Doe), but later in the letter references him as (John Doe Smith). My husband is latino and told me that this often happens with many documents over there. Is this something we should be worried about getting an RFE on? Everywhere else his name is correct. (Sorry, I am a worry wart lol) Thanks for any guidance!

If you presented other stronger evidence, then there is no issue.  Sadly, it happens with last names and first names too.

During our K1, my father-in-law's name was switched so there were things that had his middle name as first name and vice versa.  I tried to fix it, but it was too late.  I think they can figure that out when they are reviewing and it is a switching of placement versus actually using a totally different name or last name (i.e. John Smith Doe and Smith John Doe are similar enough versus John Smith Doe with Donald Doe Smith).

Also, if you have originals, it is something that can be clearly explained if asked.

FYI, we have a Whatsapp group for Argentina filers in case you want to join for more quicker responses on things that are not as material.  Let me know and we can add you.

Thanks!

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

If you presented other stronger evidence, then there is no issue.  Sadly, it happens with last names and first names too.

During our K1, my father-in-law's name was switched so there were things that had his middle name as first name and vice versa.  I tried to fix it, but it was too late.  I think they can figure that out when they are reviewing and it is a switching of placement versus actually using a totally different name or last name (i.e. John Smith Doe and Smith John Doe are similar enough versus John Smith Doe with Donald Doe Smith).

Also, if you have originals, it is something that can be clearly explained if asked.

FYI, we have a Whatsapp group for Argentina filers in case you want to join for more quicker responses on things that are not as material.  Let me know and we can add you.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your response!

I am relieved hearing your experience with something similar. I would love to be added to the Whatsapp group! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.