Duke

Good things [can] come to those who wait .... and wait

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Up until now, our K1 Visa application has been very slow going through the process. I've constantly monitored the other CSC applications filed around the same time as ours, and each step of the way, it seems like we were in the slowest 10 percentile. It felt like our application was made of lead or something, and it was very disheartening to see people who filed at the same time, several steps ahead of us in the process.

Anyhow, that all changed these past few days .... praise God! We appear to have made up for much lost time (and may have even set a new speed record) as NVC issued the letter on July 16th confirming receipt of our file from CSC, and her interview is scheduled in Sydney for July 31st .... which is only 15 days from NVC receiving the file from CSC, to her interview date in Australia!

Personal Journey:

Nov 02, 2006 - Met Catherine in Australia in person for 1st time. Stayed 4 days

Nov 19, 2006 - Catherine visited me in USA for 7 days

Jan 20, 2007 - Catherine visited me in USA for 14 days

Feb 01, 2007 - Engaged!

Apr 12, 2007 - Catherine & I met in London to get married

Apr 13, 2007 - Church wedding at Windsor Castle / Honeymooned for a week in Europe

Apr 20, 2007 - Wedding reception & ring ceremony in USA (I forgot the ring on the wedding day)

Jul 18, 2007 - Catherine went back to Australia to get Visa

Jul 31, 2007 - Visa approved!

Aug 04, 2007 - Catherine arrives in USA

Oct 13, 2007 - Legal wedding date

Form I-129F process:

Feb 15, 2007 - I-129F sent to TSC via Priority Mail

Feb 20, 2007 - Application Received by TSC

Feb 26, 2007 - Acknowledgment of receipt by CSC

Feb 27, 2007 - NOA-1 issued by CSC

May 19, 2007 - RFE issued by CSC

May 27, 2007 - Response to RFE sent to CSC via Express Mail

May 29, 2007 - Response to RFE received by CSC

Jun 08, 2007 - Acknowledgment of receipt by CSC

Jun 19, 2007 - NOA-2 approval letter mailed by CSC

Jul 16, 2007 - NVC issues letter confirming receipt from CSC and stating that file will be forwarded to Consulate

Jul 21, 2007 - NVC letter received by me

Jul 23, 2007 - Fiance sends "Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed" to Consulate (with request for quick interview)

Jul 30, 2007 - Packet-3 and Packet-4 received

Jul 30, 2007 - Medical exam results picked up

Jul 31, 2007 - Interview date - APPROVED!

Aug 04, 2007 - Fiance arrives in USA

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Up until now, our K1 Visa application has been very slow going through the process. I've constantly monitored the other CSC applications filed around the same time as ours, and each step of the way, it seems like we were in the slowest 10 percentile. It felt like our application was made of lead or something, and it was very disheartening to see people who filed at the same time, several steps ahead of us in the process.

Anyhow, that all changed these past few days .... praise God! We appear to have made up for much lost time (and may have even set a new speed record) as NVC issued the letter on July 16th confirming receipt of our file from CSC, and her interview is scheduled in Sydney for July 31st .... which is only 15 days from NVC receiving the file from CSC, to her interview date in Australia!

That's great news!

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS and Good Luck to your fiance with her interview.

My fiance had his interview today in Sydney (July 30) and is now approved. It is VERY exciting.

It is good to hear that they got her in so quickly for the interview and before the big APEC thing. Some people are now getting their interviews scheduled for the end of October because of APEC.

Looking forward to reading about your approval!!!!

Edited by Kym

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

I am really pleased the date came through for you so quckly. Very best of luck tomorrow. Bring back another big APPROVED!! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NOT ALWAYS..........

I had an accident and require surgery so I asked for a medical expedited case. It was straight away sent to Delhi and there we received packet 3 and 4. his interview was set and we did not get our visa. He was given a form 221 asking for his ration cards and voters cards from 1990 to present. We have no idea why this happened. they never even looked at any paperwork or pics. what happens now I wonder?

IF GOD IS YOUR CO-PILOT, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SEAT!

KAT AND PRABH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's great hearing words of encouragement because I just received a RFE Boy did I cry I am so scared that they ask for something impossible... it sounds stupid but it's the stress . seeing your timeline it made me feel better that RFE isn't going to stop the process...... Lots of luck and happiness :thumbs: Bye DIANA :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

That's great news! And very encouraging for the rest of us who are still waiting! I'm very happy for you guys! :thumbs:

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
It's great hearing words of encouragement because I just received a RFE Boy did I cry I am so scared that they ask for something impossible... it sounds stupid but it's the stress . seeing your timeline it made me feel better that RFE isn't going to stop the process...... Lots of luck and happiness :thumbs: Bye DIANA :dance:

I'm almost sure we will get a RFE also :( what was yours about?

We're all going to make it through this! Stay strong :)

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

I'm almost sure we will get a RFE also :( what was yours about?

We're all going to make it through this! Stay strong :)

Our RFE was for proof of relationship & having met in person. A few days after mailing the initial application, I realized (from reading this site) that the evidence I provided was a little weak.

Personal Journey:

Feb 01, 2007 - Engaged!

Apr 13, 2007 - Church wedding at Windsor Castle / Honeymooned for a week in Europe

Apr 20, 2007 - Wedding reception & ring ceremony in USA (I forgot the ring on the wedding day)

Form I-129F process:

Jul 16, 2007 - NVC issues letter confirming receipt from CSC and stating that file will be forwarded to Consulate

Jul 23, 2007 - Fiance sends "Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed" to Consulate (with request for quick interview)

Congratulations! :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

VISA APPROVED!!!!

Personal Journey:

Feb 01, 2007 - Engaged!

Form I-129F process:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.