34 posts in this topic

So HELLO WORLD!

As my first ever post I would like to thank this community beforehand, for allowing me to share this, as I find (for me) this is the only forum/community truly dedicated to immigration, I appreciate your time and dedication and anything you can help me with in my questions.

Couple of things...  I'm in the last 12 steps for processing my I-864 I have gathered all of my financial documents, tax return transcripts for last year (recently late filed) and paystubs, my wife has also done her part in at her country (gotten all orginal of the documents, and so on, she had scanned them for purposes of uploading them to the platform.).

1. Since I started working recently (got hired on around May/June 2023) and with this new job, I comply the minimum requirement above the 125% thing they ask for my family size (3), my wife, our son and I... I late filed for 2022 taxes right now as of a couple of days ago... I'm getting my tax transcript soon, my accountant told me I reported a very low amount for that year so obviously, my understanding is that this amount for this purposes would be very low (below the 125%) to support my family and I would be required to file with a joint sponsor, right? Can I get around the need of that sponsor by submitting a letter from my job stating I make X/hr and I have been hired since X and uploading the paystubs? or do you still recommend me to go with the sponsor?

2. on the website to submit documents and file the applications (Immigrant Visa - Sign In (state.gov)) there is an option to choose who is who... eg. Beneficiary, Petitioner, Lawyer... my wife keeps telling me to submit and do her paperwork (her only barrier is the language) just as how I did for I-130 (I translated for her and certified her responses were accurate and so on); So, can I do this by logging in her side of things? Or its imperative that she does this on her own?

3. We now have our first ever baby, he's 9mo old, when the case advances and she gets the interview, can she travels to the US with the baby without me being present for the flight? do I have to be present to give "permissions" that I allow her to travel with the baby? can that be done remotely? what do we need?

4. When she gets the interview do I need to be with her? I noticed the website states, all scanned documents must be present in their original form at the time of the interview.. is this only for her, or for me also?

Edited by TioPeperino

Somehow I cannot update this post anymore by editing it, so I would post the update here. On question #3 I stated we have our first baby, he just got his CRBA + PPT approved 5 days ago... and just today my wife received the CRBA + Passport :D we're so excited for this! - So the baby can now safely travel as he is an US Citizen - So this was the update, hope someone can help me with these questions as I'm at the last steps and I don't really do anything or upload anything or tell my joint sponsor anything before I can get these questions cleared/confimed.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, TioPeperino said:

So HELLO WORLD!

As my first ever post I would like to thank this community beforehand, for allowing me to share this, as I find (for me) this is the only forum/community truly dedicated to immigration, I appreciate your time and dedication and anything you can help me with in my questions.

Couple of things...  I'm in the last 12 steps for processing my I-864 I have gathered all of my financial documents, tax return transcripts for last year (recently late filed) and paystubs, my wife has also done her part in at her country (gotten all orginal of the documents, and so on, she had scanned them for purposes of uploading them to the platform.).

1. Since I started working recently (got hired on around May/June 2023) and with this new job, I comply the minimum requirement above the 125% thing they ask for my family size (3), my wife, our son and I... I late filed for 2022 taxes right now as of a couple of days ago... I'm getting my tax transcript soon, my accountant told me I reported a very low amount for that year so obviously, my understanding is that this amount for this purposes would be very low (below the 125%) to support my family and I would be required to file with a joint sponsor, right? Can I get around the need of that sponsor by submitting a letter from my job stating I make X/hr and I have been hired since X and uploading the paystubs? or do you still recommend me to go with the sponsor?

2. on the website to submit documents and file the applications (Immigrant Visa - Sign In (state.gov)) there is an option to choose who is who... eg. Beneficiary, Petitioner, Lawyer... my wife keeps telling me to submit and do her paperwork (her only barrier is the language) just as how I did for I-130 (I translated for her and certified her responses were accurate and so on); So, can I do this by logging in her side of things? Or its imperative that she does this on her own?

3. We now have our first ever baby, he's 9mo old, when the case advances and she gets the interview, can she travels to the US with the baby without me being present for the flight? do I have to be present to give "permissions" that I allow her to travel with the baby? can that be done remotely? what do we need?

4. When she gets the interview do I need to be with her? I noticed the website states, all scanned documents must be present in their original form at the time of the interview.. is this only for her, or for me also?

1.  Just the pay stubs will be fine.  Make sure your wife takes a copy of the most recent one to the interview, as you will have worked there longer by then.

2.  Yes, you can complete the DS260 as if it is her doing it.

3.  Make sure your wife has YOUR written permission with her when she checks in for the flight.

4.  Most likely you are not allowed to attend the interview.  Best to have the whole file in her possession in case they want to see something.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

49 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

1.  Just the pay stubs will be fine.  Make sure your wife takes a copy of the most recent one to the interview, as you will have worked there longer by then.

3.  Make sure your wife has YOUR written permission with her when she checks in for the flight.

4.  Most likely you are not allowed to attend the interview.  Best to have the whole file in her possession in case they want to see something.

Thank you very much for your answers! they are really valuable as they bring me more clarity into my situation and definitely clears my doubts! thank you!

Also on #1 will require me to submit stubs now for them to start processing the case right? but you recommended me to send her the most recent ones when she gets the interview... that would require me to send her the most recent ones, plus those scanned now, as we're speaking of the future right?

Thanks once more! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, TioPeperino said:

Thank you very much for your answers! they are really valuable as they bring me more clarity into my situation and definitely clears my doubts! thank you!

Also on #1 will require me to submit stubs now for them to start processing the case right? but you recommended me to send her the most recent ones when she gets the interview... that would require me to send her the most recent ones, plus those scanned now, as we're speaking of the future right?

Thanks once more! 

Correct.  Upload current ones now and make sure she has more current ones to take to the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 7/22/2023 at 7:37 PM, pushbrk said:

for question 3- I got a notarized letter saying the baby can travel

Timeline
35 minutes ago, mgul said:

for question 3- I got a notarized letter saying the baby can travel

Just says permission to travel?  Not to where?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post has been removed; its author has a separate thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

A new question, I'm about to submit my documents, finally got my late W2 and I see this in the checklist for tips for when filing the form... 

If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.

My wife is in Colombia so the language of the interview will be held in Spanish, do I still need to translate these documents to English?

Also, when reading the tips it also specified this:
If you file within the United States: You must file with the Department of State; however, they charge a fee. For more information, please visit their website.

Does this means I must ONLY file through them and only through this method? using an USCIS Lockbox and so on?? can't I do it through NVC/CEAC????

Edited by TioPeperino

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, TioPeperino said:

A new question, I'm about to submit my documents, finally got my late W2 and I see this in the checklist for tips for when filing the form... 

If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.

My wife is in Colombia so the language of the interview will be held in Spanish, do I still need to translate these documents to English?

Also, when reading the tips it also specified this:
If you file within the United States: You must file with the Department of State; however, they charge a fee. For more information, please visit their website.

Does this means I must ONLY file through them and only through this method? using an USCIS Lockbox and so on?? can't I do it through NVC/CEAC????

All the NVC stuff (i-864 and ds260) is filed the same way via the ceac online system (at least I hope in 2023 all countries have switched to the online system).

Both the i-864 and ds260 have a separate fee.

When it comes to the NVC & Embassy/Consulate they accept English or the local language.

It's only the USCIS i-130 part where it has be in English.

2 hours ago, Troy B said:

All the NVC stuff (i-864 and ds260) is filed the same way via the ceac online system (at least I hope in 2023 all countries have switched to the online system).

Both the i-864 and ds260 have a separate fee.

When it comes to the NVC & Embassy/Consulate they accept English or the local language.

It's only the USCIS i-130 part where it has be in English.

Thank you for clearing these out for me! 🎉 Appreciated 🙌

More questions!!!

Right before submitting the I-864 I get the following in red

Remember: You MUST bring all of your original documents (not a photocopy) to your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

What if I file the I-864 using a software like NitroPDF or Acrobat Reader, or any other software that allows me to edit and/or fill these forms? How do I take the "original" document if the document is filed virtually? or do I have to file this manually and then sign it and submit it? 

Also with this question it rises another one, if I can do it virtually through NitroPDF or Acrobat Reader, or any other, can I sign virtually also, and that will be considered a signature?

Signature. Each affidavit must be properly signed and filed. For all signatures on this affidavit, USCIS will not accept a stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature. You must be at least 18 years of age to act as a sponsor and sign Form I-864. A legal guardian may also sign for a mentally incompetent person. If you are under guardianship, your legal guardian may print your name and sign Form I-864 for you. “Legal guardian” includes any person who is appointed and authorized by law to protect your estate as a result of your incapacity. The legal guardian must present proof of the appointment as legal guardian of your estate and a copy of an order from the appointing court or agency specifically permitting the guardian to make your income and assets available for the support of the sponsored immigrant.

More Questions #2

image.png.2832d83cd4b21b8d8c704aefbf9aa358.png

How do I fill this part up if I'm the petitioner, my wife (the principal immigrant and beneficiary) is already listed in first part... I want to include our son, which is already gone through CRBA + PPT, and he is ready to travel to the USA.

do I select both 1) and 2) ? and list him below?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.