2 posts in this topic

Hello,

We're getting ready to submit our AOS paperwork however even after thoroughly reading the instruction pages, we still wanted to double check/clarify a few things. Any input on any of the questions would be highly appreciated! 

On the I-485 AOS form, I just want to confirm that the K1 visa IS subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under INA section 212(a)(4) -  (pt. 8 #61). I believe I choose yes which then brings me to #62. 

#62 - I am using my brother as a joint sponsor for my wife's petition since I don't have an income however my brother and I don't live together - would he still be considered in our household? 

#63 - Do I include his full income in our annual household income? 
#64 - Should we share my wife's savings account information as an asset (do we provide bank statement as proof?)
#65 - would car insurance be considered a liability? We're living rent free with my cousin for now so we're unsure whether to include any liabilities 

On form I-864 Affidavit of Support, (pt. 7 #6- use of assets to supplement income) Should I add my wife's checking/savings info when it asks "Assets of the principle sponsored immigrant?" 
For reference, my brother as a joint sponsor will be filling out his own I-864 so he wouldn't need to fill this part out being that he exceeds the federal poverty guideline, however I will add my minimal assets, but I'm wondering if I should add my wife's savings account to both our I-864 forms.

I don't believe I need the I-765 worksheet for K1 family visa however I wanted to verify that as well. 

Thank you in advance and good luck everyone!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cole91 said:

Hello,

We're getting ready to submit our AOS paperwork however even after thoroughly reading the instruction pages, we still wanted to double check/clarify a few things. Any input on any of the questions would be highly appreciated! 

On the I-485 AOS form, I just want to confirm that the K1 visa IS subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under INA section 212(a)(4) -  (pt. 8 #61). I believe I choose yes which then brings me to #62. 

Yes would be the proper selection, she is not exempt.

#62 - I am using my brother as a joint sponsor for my wife's petition since I don't have an income however my brother and I don't live together - would he still be considered in our household? 

No

#63 - Do I include his full income in our annual household income?

No

#64 - Should we share my wife's savings account information as an asset (do we provide bank statement as proof?)

Maybe, is it in a US bank account?

#65 - would car insurance be considered a liability? We're living rent free with my cousin for now so we're unsure whether to include any liabilities 

Not to my knowledge.

On form I-864 Affidavit of Support, (pt. 7 #6- use of assets to supplement income) Should I add my wife's checking/savings info when it asks "Assets of the principle sponsored immigrant?" 

Not sure, but probably.

For reference, my brother as a joint sponsor will be filling out his own I-864 so he wouldn't need to fill this part out being that he exceeds the federal poverty guideline, however I will add my minimal assets, but I'm wondering if I should add my wife's savings account to both our I-864 forms.

No, your wife's information if included does not go on your brother's I864

I don't believe I need the I-765 worksheet for K1 family visa however I wanted to verify that as well. 

Are you referring to applying for work authorization?  If yes, you should do that.

Thank you in advance and good luck everyone!!!

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.