13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey everyone,

It looks like a lot of us are all in the same boat waiting for appointments at the Ankara, Turkey Embassy. We all get the same message "There are no available appointments at this time." I wanted to start this thread to share tips, updates, and let everyone know when I find an appointment available in hopes of helping others. Best of luck to everyone, 

Ankara No Appointments.png

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

Timeline
2 hours ago, Zz6938 said:

Hi PakistaniRussian, it looks like your Fiance(e) and mine are sharing the similar timelines. Our case is in Ready status in Ankara as of July 5th.  How did you get to this information? Have you received a letter from US Embassy and you guys went ahead with schedulung the visa appointment using the ais.usvisa website? 

I sent the embassy a message and they emailed me they emailed me the K1 instructions. Part of the instructions tell you to go to the AIS US Visa website to register for an appointment. I haven't had luck yet with getting an appointment but I'm building a bot this weekend hopefully and I'll let you know if I have any luck.

9 hours ago, PakistaniRussian said:

I sent the embassy a message and they emailed me they emailed me the K1 instructions. Part of the instructions tell you to go to the AIS US Visa website to register for an appointment. I haven't had luck yet with getting an appointment but I'm building a bot this weekend hopefully and I'll let you know if I have any luck.

They emailed me K1 instructions as well. but nothing sent to my Fiancée in Turkiye.  Agree, part of the instruction states " go to the AIS US Visa website to register for an appointment".

I have not been able to login yet either to AIS US Visa site either. 

Also, in the email from embassy, they were asking beneficiary's contact email name etc.  I wonder if Embassy will sent separate instructions to her, and we need to wait for that to schedule an interview date. 

this is what I received from them :

This office is pleased to inform you that we have recently received the petition I-129F you filed on behalf of your fiancée 

Please provide the beneficiary's email address, full name, and case number by replying to this email as soon as possible for timely processing of your application at the U.S. Embassy, Ankara.

Please click on "LINK" to download the “Instructions for K1/K2 visas” outlining the steps to be taken to apply for a visa. A separate paper instruction packet will not be sent.   

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zz6938 said:

They emailed me K1 instructions as well. but nothing sent to my Fiancée in Turkiye.  Agree, part of the instruction states " go to the AIS US Visa website to register for an appointment".

I have not been able to login yet either to AIS US Visa site either. 

Also, in the email from embassy, they were asking beneficiary's contact email name etc.  I wonder if Embassy will sent separate instructions to her, and we need to wait for that to schedule an interview date. 

this is what I received from them :

This office is pleased to inform you that we have recently received the petition I-129F you filed on behalf of your fiancée 

Please provide the beneficiary's email address, full name, and case number by replying to this email as soon as possible for timely processing of your application at the U.S. Embassy, Ankara.

Please click on "LINK" to download the “Instructions for K1/K2 visas” outlining the steps to be taken to apply for a visa. A separate paper instruction packet will not be sent.   

I received the same e-mail from the embassy. I sent them my beneficiary's e-mail, but from what I heard from others, they'll be sending them the same link. You're good to go and fill out your DS-160 and try to get an interview scheduled. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tan. said:

What is happing in Turkey seems to be devastating. 8 months no appointment for CR-1 Visa ??

Others have reported getting appointments sooner. 8 months isn’t too bad though, other countries are waiting 2 years or more. 

Edited by appleblossom

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Lahmacun said:

DQ August 30th 2023, hoping to get a CR1 interview in Ankara. Any tips and tricks to push it little bit or at least check to see when should we expect the interview?

There’s no way to push it unless you qualify for an expedite. You’re just in a queue with everybody else.

10 minutes ago, Lahmacun said:

How about a letter from a congressman?  

Only a proper expedite request will do it, so if you do have a valid reason to jump the queue ahead of everybody else then you can try that. If not then I’m afraid all you can do is wait your turn.

As your spouse is from Iran you may have lengthier AP, and no way of expediting that so just be prepared in case that does happen. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have a friend who is a chaplain with federal clearance. He mentioned that he contacted the embassy on behalf of his son, and they promptly invited him for an interview within a few days. I'm unsure whether this is true or if he's being dishonest. He seems very proud of himself and frequently discusses the advantages of having federal connections or even the exceptional strobe lights in his car.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.