JRoo

My DCF CR-1 London questions [multiple merged threads]

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can of course change your address, AR 11, but you cannot guarantee they will take notice, my personal preference is to use an address that is rock solid for communication.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

With a spouse petition the way I look at it is that you need to keep everything related to you pointed at the US. AirBnBs well most do not like you having post sent to their address, and it is short term by nature. Seen far too many stories on here where people have switched locations and the system does not keep track.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Ban Hammer changed the title to My DCF CR-1 London questions [multiple merged threads]
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

another thread has been merged with this thread and this thread renamed to reflect this being a 
general question thread for the OP's DCF CR-1 London process.
do not create new threads on this stage of the process as those threads are spamming the 
site and may result in unwanted moderator interaction.

charles
vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 1 month later...

I-864 will be submitted once the embassy approves your initial I-130.

They will mail you a letter with this link: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/ and ask you to complete all the steps and ignoring the NVC part. Your foreign spouse will be bringing the I-864 with them to their appointment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 3:37 AM, primrose_bambi said:

I-864 will be submitted once the embassy approves your initial I-130.

They will mail you a letter with this link: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/ and ask you to complete all the steps and ignoring the NVC part. Your foreign spouse will be bringing the I-864 with them to their appointment.

Thank you for this information! Another I-864 question -

Can you clarify for me exactly what the requirement is - do I need to prove that my income equals at least 125% the poverty guideline? So for a household of two, showing that the annual income is over $24,650? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, JRoo said:

Thank you for this information! Another I-864 question -

Can you clarify for me exactly what the requirement is - do I need to prove that my income equals at least 125% the poverty guideline? So for a household of two, showing that the annual income is over $24,650? 

Thanks!

AAND two more questions -

• can I use my current foreign income on my I-864? My company will continue to employ me after I move to the US, and I have a job offer stating this. When converted from GBP to USD my current annual salary is 84,000
  • Should I include a letter explaining that I have only been working abroad and therefore have no W2 or 1099? (I have been filing FBAR and also have my federal tax returns for last 3 years.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One hijack post in another member's thread has been removed. Please do not post questions about your own case in other member's threads.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

4 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~One hijack post in another member's thread has been removed. Please do not post questions about your own case in other member's threads.~~

Hi sorry I am still getting the hang of this site. If I want to seek advice from someone because they have had similar questions shall I just DM that person rather than comment? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, JRoo said:

Hi sorry I am still getting the hang of this site. If I want to seek advice from someone because they have had similar questions shall I just DM that person rather than comment? Thanks

It's ok, it is a learning process. 

It is always encouraged to post on the forum for advice. In a PM the information cannot be corrected if it is wrong. The thread you commented in is also not the same process as yours or the same country. Things vary greatly between you both.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, today I submitted my I-130 at the US embassy in London and the petition was accepted (DCF based on short notice job relocation)

The immigration officer mentioned they may be able to approve the application in 2-4 weeks, as opposed to the normal 12 weeks. Has anyone had this experience? or is it still typically taking 12 weeks to hear back? 

thank you 

21 hours ago, JRoo said:

Hi everyone, today I submitted my I-130 at the US embassy in London and the petition was accepted (DCF based on short notice job relocation)

The immigration officer mentioned they may be able to approve the application in 2-4 weeks, as opposed to the normal 12 weeks. Has anyone had this experience? or is it still typically taking 12 weeks to hear back? 

thank you 

Ours took a week. Wife filed in person in London on 17 Aug and was approved then. Received approval letter on 24 Aug.

46 minutes ago, JRoo said:

Wow that's a lot faster than I was expecting! When you receive the approval letter is that when you book the medical? Was it hard to get an appointment?

The letter gives you the LND (case) number which is what you need to book the medical. The letter also tells you to follow this link, which you may have seen before, https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/how-to-apply-2/

I haven't booked the medical yet as I'm waiting on my police certificate, so can't confirm how easy it is to book.

Good luck though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.