Mark&Joyce

Delay for IR-1/IR-2 Visa Interview at U.S Embassy Manila [merged threads 5x]

21 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/29/2023 at 3:22 PM, Mark&Joyce said:

For those of you who are waiting to get a IR-2 visa appointment (child visa) with the U.S. Embassy in Manila, per my Senator's office, who reached out to NVC today, they are currently working on those applicants who where DQ'd in June 2022 or earlier.  Hope this helps any and all of you waiting patiently (like I have).  Regards.

Hi there, I was just inquiring about my wife's daughter who is still waiting for an interview appointment in Manila, Philippines. Her application was approved way back in Novenber 2022 and still she has no interview appointment yet. Is there a case bulletin to find her priority date or what? VERY disappointing with NVC!! We filed before her 21st birthday so I do believe she is still under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). Just frustrated it is taking this long even we know or at least they say it was due to covid back logs. By the way I did reach out to my Democratic senators here in Nevada but 3 months later NO response  so to me they are worthless and just don't care. Hope to hear from you and praying you get a response here soon and a happy new year to you!! 

Edited by Ryanmaria2018

1 hour ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

Hi there, I was just inquiring about my wife's daughter who is still waiting for an interview appointment in Manila, Philippines. Her application was approved way back in Novenber 2022 and still she has no interview appointment yet. Is there a case bulletin to find her priority date or what? VERY disappointing with NVC!! We filed before her 21st birthday so I do believe she is still under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). Just frustrated it is taking this long even we know or at least they say it was due to covid back logs. By the way I did reach out to my Democratic senators here in Nevada but 3 months later NO response  so to me they are worthless and just don't care. Hope to hear from you and praying you get a response here soon and a happy new year to you!! 

Her Priority Date will be on the receipt notice. Just checking, but you filed for her, not your wife?

When you say 'her application was approved' do you mean her I-130 was approved, or she was Documentary qualified by NVC?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just an update for those of you waiting for a visa appointment from the US Embassy in Manila for IR/CR applicants, per my state Senators Office (who inquired with NVC), the wait time right now is 18 months from DQ date. This is not because of NVC scheduling, but because of the USEM still working through the backlog of visa applicants from COVID-19 time frame.    If you need your spouse/relatives to get a quicker date, the best bet is to apply for a Expediate Request (with supporting documentation) ....and to get your congressman assistance when you submit your Expediate Requests.  Regards.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

After my stepson case was DQ'd on 05/05/2023 at NVC, he finally received a visa interview date at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines.   It took 10 months and 2 days, but better late than never!!!

• powerpuff changed the title to Delay for IR-1/IR-2 Visa Interview at U.S Embassy Manila [merged threads 5x]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.