NasUK

When did you receive your passport back after interview?

15 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, NasUK said:

Can anyone who went to the USA Embassy and got there interview can you please post below when you actually received your passport back (days wise) 

How long did it took you?

Had my interview last Wednesday, got passport back yesterday (Tuesday).

So, six days total.

Or three working days because Monday was a bank holiday.

Got an email from the Embassy saying my passport had been dispatched on the Friday, 2 (working) days after the interview.

1 hour ago, ElGrandeDoodel said:

Had my interview last Wednesday, got passport back yesterday (Tuesday).

So, six days total.

Or three working days because Monday was a bank holiday.

Got an email from the Embassy saying my passport had been dispatched on the Friday, 2 (working) days after the interview.

Thank you very much i was hoping that would be the case my interview is Monday 10th of July so hopefully by Friday i get it back. Thank you for the info

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Mattf said:

Can anyone here help by answering if your CEAC Page updated before your got confirmation from the shipping company?

My CEAC page still says ready for interview... but interview was last Thursday.

Hoping and dreaming that I can fly this friday with my wife!

Remember its Business days .. so Friday, Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday those are the days you will expect it back as for the CEAC tracker wont show any tracking passport info that is why you have to put your mobile number when booking your delivery 

@Mattf, @NasUK
In case it helps: I had my final interview at the US embassy in London on June 8th in the morning, and just received my passport with the visa today June 15th.

In the meantime the CEAC website showed:
- "Ready" for interview all the way until June 13th
- "Administrative processing" in the morning of June 13th
- "Issued" in the afternoon of June 13th
- Received an email from the courier on June 14th saying it will be delivered the next day
- Then received the package + passport with visa on June 15th.

So all in all, it took a week (Thursday to Thursday) to receive the passport back after the interview (5 business working days, not incl. the day of the interview itself).

9 hours ago, vvfr said:

@Mattf, @NasUK
In case it helps: I had my final interview at the US embassy in London on June 8th in the morning, and just received my passport with the visa today June 15th.

In the meantime the CEAC website showed:
- "Ready" for interview all the way until June 13th
- "Administrative processing" in the morning of June 13th
- "Issued" in the afternoon of June 13th
- Received an email from the courier on June 14th saying it will be delivered the next day
- Then received the package + passport with visa on June 15th.

So all in all, it took a week (Thursday to Thursday) to receive the passport back after the interview (5 business working days, not incl. the day of the interview itself).

Wow that is awesome thank you so much so i definitely will get it by end of thr week then...my interview is on 10th of July and i will get it by 15th 16th by the sounds of it.

20 hours ago, NasUK said:

Wow that is awesome thank you so much so i definitely will get it by end of thr week then...my interview is on 10th of July and i will get it by 15th 16th by the sounds of it.

Keep us posted, I'm a week behind you (interview 17th July) so will be good to know how long it takes for you to get yours back. We're hoping to fly out 2 weeks later but have booked flexible flights just in case!

On 6/16/2023 at 8:18 PM, appleblossom said:

Keep us posted, I'm a week behind you (interview 17th July) so will be good to know how long it takes for you to get yours back. We're hoping to fly out 2 weeks later but have booked flexible flights just in case!

Yeah i will definitely keep you updated we booked our flights for 18th of July but flexible too... just in case but by all I have seen so far ppl getting there passports within 5 days so 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 1:36 PM, Justme_13 said:

Hi @NasUK any updates??

Replying on his/her behalf as it seems NasUK hasn't seen this - s/he had the interview on the Monday and the passport back Thursday, so only 3 days. 

My interview was yesterday lunchtime, status has already changed to 'Administrative Processing' at 8am this morning, and I'm hoping I'll have it back by the weekend - will update when I do.

3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

My interview was yesterday lunchtime, status has already changed to 'Administrative Processing' at 8am this morning, and I'm hoping I'll have it back by the weekend - will update when I do.

Update: less than 24 hours after interview, status now says 'issued'. So hopefully the passport will be delivered back on Thursday, exactly the same timing as @NasUK. Will update again when received.

Further update: passports received this morning, so again a Monday interview and Thursday visa delivery, same as NasUK. Received in plenty of time for our planned flight in 10 days. 

It's all been incredibly quick, thought we'd be waiting much longer for our visas but London is on fire at the mo! 

Good luck to anybody still waiting. 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.